peedenmark7 Posted June 14, 2013 Posted June 14, 2013 I could definitely do that if we have enough interest. Going forward, I would probably try to reduce the variety of styles, colors, etc. - maybe streamline it to offer 3-4 thicknesses with the logo on one or two colors, or maybe half in one color of celluloid, the other in Tortex...(??). Doing all the different colors, shapes, sizes, etc. was a very expensive and labor-intensive endeavor! I'm open to ideas from the collective here - comments, criticisms, complaints, creative ideas? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I was thinking a half gross of them, any break on that qty. ?
Victor (Fret Friend) Posted June 14, 2013 Posted June 14, 2013 Got mine in Ol' Blighty today! Everyone loves 'em
cmatthes Posted June 14, 2013 Author Posted June 14, 2013 Ben - it actually arrived today, along with a completely shredded, plastic-bagged envelope that was destined for an HFC'er in Munster, Indiana. I haven't counted the picks yet, but that envelope looks like it was intentionally opened.Thanks to you, and apologies to a longtime HFC'er for the USPS' poor handling. I'll get that one back out ASAP!
hamerhead Posted June 15, 2013 Posted June 15, 2013 Having the glow-in-the-dark ones made of Tortex is awesome. That's what I normally use, and if you do another batch of extra-heavies, count me in.
Bennyboy-UK Posted June 15, 2013 Posted June 15, 2013 Did my novel container survive for the green-queens
cmatthes Posted June 15, 2013 Author Posted June 15, 2013 It arrived yesterday! Thanks for the cleaning tips.
ptm1diver Posted June 16, 2013 Posted June 16, 2013 Chris,Thanks. They are nice picks. I appreciate the little extras.Have a great day.Paul
Bennyboy-UK Posted June 26, 2013 Posted June 26, 2013 Just landed today!Thanks so much for sorting that out for me Chris, and thanks for the extras! Especially the grey one!The missus loves the purple pearloid ones ! And has already robbed a couple !
cmatthes Posted June 27, 2013 Author Posted June 27, 2013 Glad those arrived! Those had me worried...
Shark Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 Unfortunately still waiting on mine. Hope they will make it soon ....
Never2Late Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 Having the glow-in-the-dark ones made of Tortex is awesome. That's what I normally use, and if you do another batch of extra-heavies, count me in.Agree - I have a couple of the EBE 'Roswells' and the Hamer picks 'out-glow' them by quite a bit.....
cmatthes Posted June 27, 2013 Author Posted June 27, 2013 Andre - I just pulled the tracking number for yours, and it looks like it left the Washington DC sorting facility on June 10th. BennyUK's was mailed at the same time and his arrived yesterday. Yours were two of the four that required separate customs paperwork, so I imagine that is what is holding things up. Some of the smaller envelopes (without the customs work) made it in less than a week to Germany
Shark Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 Andre - I just pulled the tracking number for yours, and it looks like it left the Washington DC sorting facility on June 10th. BennyUK's was mailed at the same time and his arrived yesterday. Yours were two of the four that required separate customs paperwork, so I imagine that is what is holding things up. Some of the smaller envelopes (without the customs work) made it in less than a week to GermanyThanks for the update!
cmatthes Posted June 27, 2013 Author Posted June 27, 2013 The Glow picks seem to be the most popular of all the picks we've done. If there's sufficient interest, we may have another run later this summer or in the fall.
velorush Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 Ben - it actually arrived today, along with a completely shredded, plastic-bagged envelope that was destined for an HFC'er in Munster, Indiana. I haven't counted the picks yet, but that envelope looks like it was intentionally opened.Thanks to you, and apologies to a longtime HFC'er for the USPS' poor handling. I'll get that one back out ASAP! Chris, et.al., THIS is the USPS "Wall of Shame" created on my office door (a mere sampling): The funnier ones are the ones we receive with the "Received In Damaged Condition" stickers, where USPS is claiming (e.g., the Comstock Telephone envelope to the left) it was brought to the Post Office by Ike Turner after a bender. The envelope with the green TS logo is one of ours: the postal machine ripped the MICR encoding right off the enclosed check (hence the "please reissue" note from the vendor). But hey, props to USPS for the new "We Care" plastic bags to keep all of the parts/contents (they didn't want) together!
MCChris Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 Ben - it actually arrived today, along with a completely shredded, plastic-bagged envelope that was destined for an HFC'er in Munster, Indiana. I haven't counted the picks yet, but that envelope looks like it was intentionally opened.Thanks to you, and apologies to a longtime HFC'er for the USPS' poor handling. I'll get that one back out ASAP!Ha! I totally missed this post. The picks arrived the other day and are fantastic. The HFC rules!
Ralph Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 The mail is run through a machine that sorts it into route delivery sequence. There are thousands a minute. If one hangs, it's toast. If you divide the amount that is run, by how many are shredded. It's not even .001%.
Ralph Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 If your putting the picks in a normal envelope, your lucky more weren't destroyed. No one is gonna just open it for the hell of it. We have too much to do to care what is in the letter.
Bennyboy-UK Posted June 27, 2013 Posted June 27, 2013 It arrived yesterday! Thanks for the cleaning tips. Surely worth a post if you kept it
Shark Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 Andre - I just pulled the tracking number for yours, and it looks like it left the Washington DC sorting facility on June 10th. BennyUK's was mailed at the same time and his arrived yesterday. Yours were two of the four that required separate customs paperwork, so I imagine that is what is holding things up. Some of the smaller envelopes (without the customs work) made it in less than a week to Germany Thanks for the update! Well -- still NO picks have arrived. Maybe the customs folks are using them now ....
Shark Posted August 8, 2013 Posted August 8, 2013 Andre - I just pulled the tracking number for yours, and it looks like it left the Washington DC sorting facility on June 10th. BennyUK's was mailed at the same time and his arrived yesterday. Yours were two of the four that required separate customs paperwork, so I imagine that is what is holding things up. Some of the smaller envelopes (without the customs work) made it in less than a week to Germany Thanks for the update! Well -- still NO picks have arrived. Maybe the customs folks are using them now .... Well, Well, Well ... Finally - after TWO MONTHS - the yellow envelope made it to Germany! Glad the picks made it at least. Thanks Chris!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.