Hamer Fan Club Message Center

(SOLD OUT!) Limited Stock of HFC picks available

I could definitely do that if we have enough interest.

Going forward, I would probably try to reduce the variety of styles, colors, etc. - maybe streamline it to offer 3-4 thicknesses with the logo on one or two colors, or maybe half in one color of celluloid, the other in Tortex...(??).

Doing all the different colors, shapes, sizes, etc. was a very expensive and labor-intensive endeavor! :D

I'm open to ideas from the collective here - comments, criticisms, complaints, creative ideas?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was thinking a half gross of them, any break on that qty. ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine in Ol' Blighty today! Everyone loves 'em :D

Ben - it actually arrived today, along with a completely shredded, plastic-bagged envelope that was destined for an HFC'er in Munster, Indiana. I haven't counted the picks yet, but that envelope looks like it was intentionally opened.

Thanks to you, and apologies to a longtime HFC'er for the USPS' poor handling. I'll get that one back out ASAP!

Having the glow-in-the-dark ones made of Tortex is awesome. That's what I normally use, and if you do another batch of extra-heavies, count me in.

It arrived yesterday! Thanks for the cleaning tips. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad those arrived! Those had me worried...

Having the glow-in-the-dark ones made of Tortex is awesome. That's what I normally use, and if you do another batch of extra-heavies, count me in.

Agree - I have a couple of the EBE 'Roswells' and the Hamer picks 'out-glow' them by quite a bit.....

Andre - I just pulled the tracking number for yours, and it looks like it left the Washington DC sorting facility on June 10th. BennyUK's was mailed at the same time and his arrived yesterday. Yours were two of the four that required separate customs paperwork, so I imagine that is what is holding things up. Some of the smaller envelopes (without the customs work) made it in less than a week to Germany

Andre - I just pulled the tracking number for yours, and it looks like it left the Washington DC sorting facility on June 10th. BennyUK's was mailed at the same time and his arrived yesterday. Yours were two of the four that required separate customs paperwork, so I imagine that is what is holding things up. Some of the smaller envelopes (without the customs work) made it in less than a week to Germany

Thanks for the update!

The Glow picks seem to be the most popular of all the picks we've done. If there's sufficient interest, we may have another run later this summer or in the fall.

Ben - it actually arrived today, along with a completely shredded, plastic-bagged envelope that was destined for an HFC'er in Munster, Indiana. I haven't counted the picks yet, but that envelope looks like it was intentionally opened.

Thanks to you, and apologies to a longtime HFC'er for the USPS' poor handling. I'll get that one back out ASAP!

Chris, et.al., THIS is the USPS "Wall of Shame" created on my office door (a mere sampling):

4C9028DD-C3DB-4772-AC82-81E914139767-327

The funnier ones are the ones we receive with the "Received In Damaged Condition" stickers, where USPS is claiming (e.g., the Comstock Telephone envelope to the left) it was brought to the Post Office by Ike Turner after a bender. The envelope with the green TS logo is one of ours: the postal machine ripped the MICR encoding right off the enclosed check (hence the "please reissue" note from the vendor).

But hey, props to USPS for the new "We Care" plastic bags to keep all of the parts/contents (they didn't want) together!

Ha! I totally missed this post. The picks arrived the other day and are fantastic. The HFC rules!

The mail is run through a machine that sorts it into route delivery sequence. There are thousands a minute. If one hangs, it's toast. If you divide the amount that is run, by how many are shredded. It's not even .001%.

If your putting the picks in a normal envelope, your lucky more weren't destroyed. No one is gonna just open it for the hell of it. We have too much to do to care what is in the letter.

Thanks for the update!

Well -- still NO picks have arrived. Maybe the customs folks are using them now .... :o

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update!

Well -- still NO picks have arrived. Maybe the customs folks are using them now .... :o

Well, Well, Well ... :D:D:D

Finally - after TWO MONTHS - the yellow envelope made it to Germany!

Glad the picks made it at least. Thanks Chris!

Archived