Hamer Fan Club Message Center

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOO HOOO! The neck arrived yesterday afternoon! I spent a few hours of the afternoon, evening and a few this morning prepping it for attachment- new Gotoh tuners and the locking nut installed. It look

Oh hell yeah!    

And more...

Posted Images

12 hours ago, RobB said:

How do you figure when the carcasses of said Hamers are the only parts that are original to the guitars?

Aw, c'mon Rob. Most of those Calis have the original bones (neck and body). Pickup and bridge/vibrato upgrades and/or new paint or frets don't un-Hamer them. Now, as for the one(s) that got replacement neck(s) not made by Hamer (I guess to replace a neck with a non-reverse headstock), your argument gains merit at that point. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

Aw, c'mon Rob. Most of those Calis have the original bones (neck and body). Pickup and bridge/vibrato upgrades and/or new paint or frets don't un-Hamer them. Now, as for the one(s) that got replacement neck(s) not made by Hamer (I guess to replace a neck with a non-reverse headstock), your argument gains merit at that point. 

My adding replacement necks ventured beyond a mere superficial desire for aesthetic changes. Not to diminish the quality and function of Hamer necks but the HEL-made neck on the pink crackle Cali was, for my purposes, superior to anything Hamer made, by virtue of having specs unavailable on Hamers. Compound radius, stainless true 'jumbo' frets, slightly different (between a C and D) carve and a greatly preferred satin finish. Certainly, the aesthetics of the tumbling boomers and the unique material they were made with also add merit to having it made.

Ironically, all my Hamers with replacement necks have been sold off. The folks that acquired them have been thrilled with these guitars, as I was. I have zero regrets in creating those and little to no regret in selling them off to make room for or pay for others incoming. The 3 Hamers I've acquired in the last 5 months are all going to keep the vast majority of their parts. Sure, trems will be/have been replaced and in the case of the above maple boarded neck, work HAD to be done to correct substantial issues with board level, warping and worn frets. In the process, why not get it tweaked to align more with my preferences? Win-win.

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 2

Stainless Jescar jumbos. 😍

E0BB1513-7F3A-4D72-A7AE-E8AA37E884B2.jpeg

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Good times!

I'm counting on it!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Stike done his thang. Total revamp of Burrito 1!

IMG_1702.jpeg

IMG_1703.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

• Like 6
4 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

Oh my that is beautiful!

I'm inclined to agree. Love the subtle quilted figuring showing through. I am thrilled Stike was able to bring to life the concept I had in mind.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

So, this photo showed up in my text messages today! :D

I am totally digging the look of SFG with the maple neck and black hardware. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 5.23.24 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A before and after. While the figuring does pop a bit more in version 1, I much prefer the color and subtlety of version 2! Note the FU Tone Floyd which was an expensive and ineffective attempt to emulate a proper OFR.  Burrito 1.2 has the real deal!

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 2.06.14 PM.png

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

I was hoping that fretboard was maple!! Stunning looking guitar!!! I’ll offer $350.00...

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

I was hoping that fretboard was maple!! Stunning looking guitar!!! I’ll offer $350.00...

That'll maybe get you the hardware and p'ups. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

But.....  the pickup angle doesn’t match the fretboard angle....

😜😜😜

that really does look killer. And I bet it plays even better. Can’t wait for the full tone report. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • 2 months later...

So, progress is being made on the Spitfire2-  head stock has it's maple laminate and is routed for the truss.

IMG_3037.jpeg

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Electric Boogaloo?

Missing the reference here. 🤔

36 minutes ago, velorush said:

25880ce8ab772421ca49d2b6c8aa324f.jpg&f=1

Yeah, still not getting the connection between what was likely an awful dance film and what will likely be an awesome guitar. :P

• Like 1
1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Yeah, still not getting the connection between what was likely an awful dance film and what will likely be an awesome guitar. :P

I’ll give you a hint. 

it’s the “2”.... 😜

oh yeah... and specs....

Edited by Travis
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, scottcald said:

Also perhaps we think be the color of that guy's jacket in the poster.  ;)

I'm happy to report you'd all be way wrong. ;)