Hamer Fan Club Message Center

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOO HOOO! The neck arrived yesterday afternoon! I spent a few hours of the afternoon, evening and a few this morning prepping it for attachment- new Gotoh tuners and the locking nut installed. It look

Oh hell yeah!    

And more...

Posted Images

So, it's been about 2.5 months since last we checked in. What's happened since then?

Just this:  Work progresses on the HEL Specter as well as the O'Connor resto/refret.

Specter Board.png

• Like 2

The O"Connor marble Cali fingerboard needed leveling and un-twisting... 😲

IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

• Like 2

Last but not least, the BengCali got a new Gravelin J2B in it! Badass!!!

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

• Like 4

Oh yeah, and Stike's been busy with one o' mine...

IMG_1370.jpeg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Those inlays are going to cause cancer. 

But it matches the radioactive paint so well.  😄

Seriously, would be cool if he gave you the option to have them chase as well as light up.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Those inlays are going to cause cancer. 

At my age, I'm thinking I don't care. I'll look rad goin' out.

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

But it matches the radioactive paint so well.  😄

Seriously, would be cool if he gave you the option to have them chase as well as light up.  

The paint on this one won't likely be radioactive. Pretty sure Stike steers clear of the isotope versions of commercial paint offerings... :P

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, DBraz said:

1D3C4FF2-5804-4B96-B0DF-99E48C3941B8.jpeg

...  in the darkened halls of madison square bedroom... with the smell and faint cloud from dry ice wafting in from the bathtub ... the Hellion!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, BubbaVO said:

...  in the darkened halls of madison square bedroom... with the smell and faint cloud from dry ice wafting in from the bathtub ... the Hellion!

Hey, we did that tune back in the day!

https://youtu.be/NimYz6B4Iow

• Like 2
10 hours ago, DBraz said:

Uh oh. 😬

69789D36-51FF-4BCE-B83F-909B012141A8.jpeg

1D3C4FF2-5804-4B96-B0DF-99E48C3941B8.jpeg

Only causes cancer if you eat them.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Only causes cancer if you eat them.

I’m known as the termite in my household for my insatiable appetite but Ive never got that hungry.  Yet.  😃

Edited by DBraz
  • Like 2
On 4/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, diablo175 said:

Hey, we did that tune back in the day!

https://youtu.be/NimYz6B4Iow

Awesome!

Rockin' I/2 stacks and Christmas trees too! 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, RacerX said:

Awesome!

Rockin' I/2 stacks and Christmas trees too! 

😆

I ranted about this venue owner in here, years ago. She was a major PITA. Case in point- she would NOT let us move the tree off the friggin' stage. Pleaded with her for the extra space it would have given us to move it just off the the side of stage but she was adamant. That's the kind of PITA she was.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see that illuminated boomer board installed.  Stunning and very Jim-like.

In a related bench note, this road worn Centaura is back in the lineup thanks to NEWMAN 60 setting me up with a NOS Hamer-stamped Floyd (he even slipped me a factory hang tag). This one has been relic'ed the old fashioned way. 

20200430_182618.jpg.7db5b89de9adacb99fd2dddf299c6282.jpg.jpeg

• Like 3

I’ve endured my fair share of shots across the bow from folks that don’t subscribe to my perspective of modifying and upgrading vintage guitars. However, I am sure that when I hang it up and start selling off these lovely modified Hamers, the good (brand) name of Hamer will be carried on for years to come.
That said, Shane has done marvelous work on this maple neck from a O’Connor marble Cali!. The fretboard is cleaned up, leveled, and eventually new stainless Jescar jumbo frets will be added along with the Gravelin pick ups and the new Schaller Floyd I will add, this ax should keep on rockin’ well past my time of abusing it. 

image.jpeg

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, diablo175 said:

However, I am sure that when I hang it up and start selling off these lovely modified Hamers, the good (brand) name of Hamer will be carried on for years to come.

How do you figure when the carcasses of said Hamers are the only parts that are original to the guitars?

Edited by RobB
14 minutes ago, RobB said:

How do you figure when the carcasses of said Hamers are the only parts that are original to the guitars?

Carcasses? 😆

Because 20 years from now, folks aren't likely gonna care that a guitar was revamped and arguably improved, it's life extended. Hell, I've found plenty of folks already who don't give a hang about a few mods. They know the important parts that were actually crafted by Hamer artisans, are still intact.

4 minutes ago, RobB said:

Sorry, my bad. I meant, "husks."

And you'd still be wrong. 😆