triodecr Posted October 23, 2016 Author Posted October 23, 2016 Monaco Elite lowered to a more realistic $1600 + fees.
kizanski Posted October 23, 2016 Posted October 23, 2016 On 10/21/2016 at 5:53 PM, triodecr said: Huber Krautster $2000 My God.
MCChris Posted October 23, 2016 Posted October 23, 2016 Son of a bitch, I thought that Krautster sold when it disappeared from here and Reverb! Fuck me.....
triodecr Posted October 23, 2016 Author Posted October 23, 2016 3 minutes ago, MCChris said: Son of a bitch, I thought that Krautster sold when it disappeared from here and Reverb! Fuck me..... I had a interested buyer elsewhere who ended up changing his mind. Still available!
ARM OF HAMER Posted October 23, 2016 Posted October 23, 2016 On 10/21/2016 at 4:53 PM, triodecr said: 2003 Monaco Elite with crazy quilty, flamey, premium top and ebony board w/ OHSC. Super clean with one ding near the control cover plate. No belt rash but some light scratches, most likely from jean rivits. Has the usual polish swirls. It does have a little bit of fret wear on frets 1 thru 5. There are light divots where all strings contact frets 1-4 and flattening on the 5th fret. The G string on the 2nd fret is the worst, shown below. Nickel Sperzels have been installed and I no longer have the original tuners. If you install factory style Schallers, they will cover the holes from the Sperzels. They do have a bit of oxidation on them, but nothing grungy. Pickups have been changed to a Duncan Pearly Gates bridge (4 conductor) and the neck is another Duncan that looks to be a Seth Lover but does not have his signature on it. Not sure exactly what it is but it sounds warm and clear. Both have had Duncan covers added. Faber INserts added. The stop bar is a Gotoh lightweight aluminum one. Neck volume pot died a few months ago and has been replaced with one of several Hamer pots I ordered from BCR Music years ago. It does have quite a bit more physical resistance than the factory pots. Tone cap changed out to 0.022uF poly orange drop. The knobs are the correct style but are not original to the guitar. The case latches have some oxidation on them. Wow, I forgot I customized it this much. Super solid, great playing and sounding Hamer. Now $1600 + fees. More pics: http://s35.photobucket.com/user/gtrgui/library/Monaco Elite Ebony Huber Krautster Flat top Mahogany body in Worn Onyx Black Mahogany back is an open pore finish Curly Maple satin finish set neck 25" scale neck 22 extra hard medium jumbo frets Nut width 1.67" Neck thickness: 0.88" at the 1st fret & 0.96" at the 12th Rosewood fingerboard with abalone dot markers Nickel hardware Kluson style tuners Volume control with push/pull for coiltap Custom H. Haussel hot bridge pickup with aged nickel cover Comes with OHSC Condition: There's some buckle rash on the back and a bit of minor fret wear with the beginning of divots on a few frets. There's one small ding on the back of the neck also. I tried to capture this well in the photos. Nice full neck and she's a lightweight at about 7.5lbs. $2000 + fees, firm. More pics: http://s35.photobucket.com/user/gtrgui/library/Huber Krautster That Huber Krautster is elegant simplicity..................GLWTS!
triodecr Posted October 24, 2016 Author Posted October 24, 2016 It is a very cool design. I'm just looking to reduce the number of single cutaway guitars I have.
triodecr Posted October 28, 2016 Author Posted October 28, 2016 Both guitars have TRCs, but I can only find one screw for the Monaco Elite.
kizanski Posted October 30, 2016 Posted October 30, 2016 10 hours ago, triodecr said: The Huber is sold! Mah boy, mah boy!!
MCChris Posted October 30, 2016 Posted October 30, 2016 1 hour ago, kizanski said: Mah boy, mah boy!! I am pathetic and weak, but damn am I looking forward to getting my mitts on this one.
kizanski Posted October 31, 2016 Posted October 31, 2016 20 hours ago, MCChris said: I am pathetic and weak, but damn am I looking forward to getting my mitts on this one. I meant it more in an Elvis way.
MCChris Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 16 hours ago, BubbaVO said: Very nice score. Well done. The Krautster arrived yesterday and it is spectacular. Every bit as awesome as the one I played at Make'n Music several years ago when Mobster came to town and I took him on the requisite Chicago guitar store tour. I was unemployed at the time, so the price tag made it a pipe dream that I would ever own one. I also knew better than to plug it in and completely fall in love with it. Last night I plugged it in at home and my god that Haussel pickup is amazing. Very satisfied customer here. Someone buy the OP's Monaco Elite!
kizanski Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 20 minutes ago, MCChris said: The Krautster arrived yesterday and it is spectacular. Every bit as awesome as the one I played at Make'n Music several years ago when Mobster came to town and I took him on the requisite Chicago guitar store tour. I was unemployed at the time, so the price tag made it a pipe dream that I would ever own one. I also knew better than to plug it in and completely fall in love with it. Last night I plugged it in at home and my god that Haussel pickup is amazing. When I was still on the Book of Face, I had the same "argument" with people who criticized Nik's guitars, to the effect of, "They look beautiful, but no guitar could play so nice as to defend what he asks for them." My answer was always the same: "1. No one who has ever played one would ever say that." And "2. He has a backlog of guitars to build. Should he ask less money as to increase demand?" Then I'd usually wrap it up with "Go buy a Dean, fuckface," or something like that.
Steve Haynie Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 The only Huber I ever tried felt incredible.
django49 Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 36 minutes ago, kizanski said: When I was still on the Book of Face, I had the same "argument" with people who criticized Nik's guitars, to the effect of, "They look beautiful, but no guitar could play so nice as to defend what he asks for them." My answer was always the same: "1. No one who has ever played one would ever say that." And "2. He has a backlog of guitars to build. Should he ask less money as to increase demand?" Then I'd usually wrap it up with "Go buy a Dean, fuckface," or something like that. Been there, done that. I would add two things. No one that has ever played any of my Huber guitars has been disappointed. Second, there is something about the very first one I got. It is not the fanciest or the priciest. But there is something in it that fits ME so perfectly. It is like an extension of my left arm and seems to "know" how to get any tone I want. And that has made me a much better player (a relative thing, for sure!) because it makes me confident. Black magic? For some reason "Old Blue" reminds me of this old song...
The Shark Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 39 minutes ago, kizanski said: When I was still on the Book of Face, I had the same "argument" with people who criticized Nik's guitars, to the effect of, "They look beautiful, but no guitar could play so nice as to defend what he asks for them." My answer was always the same: "1. No one who has ever played one would ever say that." And "2. He has a backlog of guitars to build. Should he ask less money as to increase demand?" Then I'd usually wrap it up with "Go buy a Dean, fuckface," or something like that. Or a Heritage.....
MCChris Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 5 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said: Dude, Congrats on the Huber! Nik's guits ROCK! This one definitely does. Pure rock and roll for the discriminating corksniffer.
currypowder Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 On 10/30/2016 at 10:09 AM, MCChris said: I am pathetic and weak, but damn am I looking forward to getting my mitts on this one. You certainly held out for a VERY long time. Nice to know it's in such good hands.
MCChris Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 11 minutes ago, currypowder said: You certainly held out for a VERY long time. Nice to know it's in such good hands. Someone had to do it. No one else around here stepped up!
kizanski Posted November 2, 2016 Posted November 2, 2016 34 minutes ago, currypowder said: You certainly held out for a VERY long time. Nice to know it's in such good hands. As someone communicating with him behind the scenes, his resistance was futile. I believe I knew it long before he did.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.