Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Loverly! Once again.

I got the series to parallel switch on my SC (bridge only), and I love it. Major personality change. 

• Like 1

Mike posted some beautiful photos of #78 on FB which I thought I would share here.  Enjoy!

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

Edited by nhojbo
  • Like 9

Hey fellow Hamerheads!  I just released my latest EP, Better Left Unsaid, and thought some of you might want to hear #78 in action.  My Shishkov provided a lot of inspiration for these new songs.  It’s the main electric guitar used on those tracks.  I just love how versatile that instrument is!  I also used my Hamer Echotone for the guitar solo on “Third Thing Unsaid”.  I wrote, produced, performed, recorded, mixed, and mastered all of the music under my artist name “My Wildest Dream” (except for the harmonica on “First Thing Unsaid” played by Trent Williamson). 

Listen here on YouTube and streaming services.

• Like 9

I will def listen this weekend! Congrats on the release! Doing it all to include mixing and mastering is no easy feat. But very rewarding.

i went back and looked at the pics of #78 again....such a classically beautiful guitar!

• Like 1

Nice compositions and really excellent guitar sounds throughout!! For my part in this, I am so so pleased that you're enjoying the sounds my pickups make - thank you for posting!

• Like 4

Wow, nicely done @nhojbo!  Thanks for posting the link, it’s always great to hear them in action. Rock on! 

• Like 5

On 4/26/2019 at 6:40 AM, nhojbo said:

Hey fellow Hamerheads!  I just released my latest EP, Better Left Unsaid, and thought some of you might want to hear #78 in action.  My Shishkov provided a lot of inspiration for these new songs.  It’s the main electric guitar used on those tracks.  I just love how versatile that instrument is!  I also used my Hamer Echotone for the guitar solo on “Third Thing Unsaid”.  I wrote, produced, performed, recorded, mixed, and mastered all of the music under my artist name “My Wildest Dream” (except for the harmonica on “First Thing Unsaid” played by Trent Williamson). 

Listen here on YouTube and streaming services.

Dude! That is awesome! Great tones, killer production, great songs and your playing is superb! Can you tell I liked it!? Yowza you BLAZED through some passages. 

What drums did you play? Any go-to mics? Just great performances. I like how they go all majestic and then come back down to a cool rockin’ riff. 

It is hard to hold old rocker’s attention (like me) with instrumentals. Well done!

• Like 2

Hey Jakeboy!  Thanks so much for listening to the new tunes and for the great review.  I’m so glad you like them!

I’m an “old rocker” myself, so we must have similar musical influences.  I guess I’m just trying to reinforce through my music that rock ain’t dead!

#78 is such a joy to play and I love all of the tones that I can get from it – plus, it’s a beautiful instrument to look at!  Mike and Josh really nailed everything I wanted. 

I’m glad you asked about the drums.  While all the other instruments I played in the songs are “real”, you may be surprised to hear that I used Addictive Drums for the drum tracks.  What I like about AD is the number of different kits they offer, the amount of customization I can do to each kit and individual drum to shape the tone I want, and how easy it is to write/build the beats I have in my head for each song.  I spend a lot of time building the drum beats and shaping the sounds to make them sound like a live drummer/kit.  Based on your comments, I think I pulled that off!

Since you liked my new stuff, feel free to give my “Silent Voices” and “A Loss For Words” EPs a spin too.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nhojbo said:

I’m glad you asked about the drums.  While all the other instruments I played in the songs are “real”, you may be surprised to hear that I used Addictive Drums for the drum tracks.  What I like about AD is the number of different kits they offer, the amount of customization I can do to each kit and individual drum to shape the tone I want, and how easy it is to write/build the beats I have in my head for each song.  I spend a lot of time building the drum beats and shaping the sounds to make them sound like a live drummer/kit.  Based on your comments, I think I pulled that off!

Since you liked my new stuff, feel free to give my “Silent Voices” and “A Loss For Words” EPs a spin too.  Thanks again!

Just looked into them the other day, that's cool!

• Like 1

I am not surprised at all about Addictive Drums...that’s actually why I asked. I use Abbey Road 70s Drums and play them on a Korg Pad and no one has ever thought they sounded  like midi drums. The recorded hits that were sampled are just so perfect now. I just wish I could play them better. Drums are hard. I should spend more time Practicing drums, but there is this guitar thing...

I do have a real hi-hat that I record with to establish a groove. 

Anyway, your stuff sounds great and I look forward to listening to the rest!

• Like 1