Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: 2006 Pacifica 812V

2006 Yamaha Pacifica 812V. 

Serial QMM0280R, Alder body, Maple cap, bolt on maple neck, rosewood board, Spertzel locking tuners, Super-Vee tremolo, body cavities shielded with combination of nickel paint and foil.

HSS pickup set, Gravelin MongooseT bridge, Duncan SSL-1 single coils.

Neck is 14" radius with 42/21.5 mm @ nut and 51.6/23.3 @ 12th fret. This shallow "C" has broader shoulders than it's PAC604W sister. Fills the hand a bit more.

Electrics rewired. CTS SPST push-pull pots: Tone splits bridge to inner coil, Volume adds the neck pickup to any combination. Lots of sounds, all various and different!

There are scratches and dings. The weight is 8.0 lbs. The acoustic voice is forward with a touch of brightness. Plugged in it's more rock than jazz. The MongooseT splits very well. It's hot, but way more usable than the stock JB. The hardshell case is cheap, but new. Xotics "Raw Vintage" trem springs. There is a six pack of alternate knobs in the case to accent your current accoutrement ensemble.

The OEM bridge was replaced because it buzzed like a sitar. It's in the case.

$700 shipped.

IMG_0713_edited.jpeg

IMG_0679_edited.jpeg

IMG_0721_edited.jpeg

IMG_0711_edited.jpeg

Edited by JGale
  • Like 12

• JGale changed the title to FS: 2006 Pacifica 812V
29 minutes ago, JGale said:

How about now?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be difficult, I think it's a great guitar, but I gave up trying to read the description... I can somewhat read it after turning up my brightness all the way... I'm going to try it on my laptop 

2006 Yamaha Pacifica 812V. 

Serial QMM0280R, Alder body, Maple cap, bolt on maple neck, rosewood board, Spertzel locking tuners, Super-Vee tremolo, body cavities shielded with combination of nickel paint and foil.

HSS pickup set, Gravelin MongooseT bridge, Duncan SSL-1 single coils.

Neck is 14" radius with 42/21.5 mm @ nut and 51.6/23.3 @ 12th fret. This shallow "C" has broader shoulders than it's PAC604W sister. Fills the hand a bit more.

Electrics rewired. CTS SPST push-pull pots: Tone splits bridge to inner coil, Volume adds the neck pickup to any combination. Lots of sounds, all various and different!

There are scratches and dings. The weight is 8.0 lbs. The acoustic voice is forward with a touch of brightness. Plugged in it's more rock than jazz. The MongooseT splits very well. It's hot, but way more usable than the stock JB. The hardshell case is cheap, but new. Xotics "Raw Vintage" trem springs. There is a six pack of alternate knobs in the case to accent your current accoutrement ensemble.

The OEM bridge was replaced because it buzzed like a sitar. It's in the case.

$700 shipped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had and I try not to play it too often less I waiver, but I have to thin out the collection. I still have the 904, 604W, 512 (next up), 312 and 112 along with two P-90 Godin's (one in each scale), Godin LGX, Hamer 25th, 78 Special and a Wraptail. Too much.

1 hour ago, JGale said:

I had and I try not to play it too often less I waiver, but I have to thin out the collection. I still have the 904, 604W, 512 (next up), 312 and 112 along with two P-90 Godin's (one in each scale), Godin LGX, Hamer 25th, 78 Special and a Wraptail. Too much.

that's the only reason I haven't jumped on it: herd in desperate need of thinking.

I've got 16 keepers I want to get down to just 10, just so I have a more manageable rotation, only the best of the best.  This one is very pretty and I'm sure sounds great, but I'd have to get the neck scalloped and refretted for it to have a chance.  Too much hassle when I already have 16 identified "keepers" and want to get down to 10.

(the 16 keepers don't even include the Diablo or Salmon Blush Cali...that's how much I like scalloped fretboards and stainless steel frets).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back from the shop. Minor adjustments for improved playability. This guy is good at setups! JeffRo last did the frets, so nothing was needed there. 

Gravelin Mongoose T bridge gives an incredible split HB as Strat Single Coil, so ima wire it split in position #1, pull the Tone for hellaciousness. 
Duncan SSL-1 singles, pull Volume adds the neck to positions #1 and #2. Super Vee bridge with their brass block in the case.

I bought this from Germany during the height of the pandemic and did the upgrades ‘cuz that’s my idea of fun. 

Needs a good home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JGale said:

Gravelin Mongoose T bridge gives an incredible split HB as Strat Single Coil, so ima wire it split in position #1, pull the Tone for hellaciousness. 
Duncan SSL-1 singles, pull Volume adds the neck to positions #1 and #2

Position #1 should always be both coils of the Bridge Humbucker... 

I can vouch for the Mongoose. My Charvel has a Mongoose bridge with a push/pull split so I can do full, split, full with middle single, and split with middle single. It’s tits. 

Someone buy this guitar. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...