Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Excellent "as new" condition 2024 Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 51 HS Tele Heavy Relic. I'm original owner. 7 lbs 8 oz. Neck measures .94" 1st fret, .99" 12th fret. Played in my smoke-free home only. Includes Custom Shop tweed case, strap, case candy, Shop Traveler, COA. $2950 net shipped. Quickest to reach me at jdisham@gmail.com. SORRY NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES. Thanks. The tinted rift-sawn maple neck has a comfortable 10/’56 “V” profile, topped with a 9.5” fingerboard radius with 21 narrow tall frets. A Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbucker neck pickup and hand-wound “Crushed” Blackguard Tele bridge pickup are combined with dual-stack HS Tele wiring to create a perfect sonic balance using 250k (bridge) and 500k (neck) volume and tone potentiometers SPECS: Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Neck Material: 1-Piece Rift Sawn Maple Neck Shape: 10/56 "V" Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" Number of Frets: 21 Fret Size: Narrow Tall String Nut: Bone Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm) Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "Limited Edition" Engraved Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Fingerboard: Maple Position Inlays: Micarta Black Dot Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Seth Lover Bridge Pickup: "Crushed" Blackguard Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
  3. Interesting process. Most of it I don't understand.
  4. Today
  5. Not really. Just seems like a great guy. I can see why Randy Rhoads wanted him in the Ozzy Band so much. Too bad Ozzy punched him because of some shit DuBrow said. Anyway, that singer has that sound DOWN. He's also 23, so hopefully he won't get sucked into the crap that so many other metal singers have.. uh.. like DuBrow.
  6. Since it's October, we might as well throw in some Baseball-related phrases from my favorite Yogi: TOP 25 QUOTES BY YOGI BERRA (of 207) | A-Z Quotes
  7. Geez. "Play Authentic" or whatever, dude.
  8. TDC. <snicker> I see what you did there...
  9. Please use your due diligence when interacting with sellers on the "For Sale" portion of our site. We've had some hacked profiles of long-time members and inactive members purportedly selling high-dollar guitars on here. We're doing our best to keep the scammers at bay, but if you see something that looks odd or get a strange response that involves high pressure, check it out thoroughly from third party sources or use an outside communication (FB, phone/text, etc.) to contact the seller - do not rely solely upon profile information, as a scammer will be able to control that. Also, if it looks too good to be true, well...
      • 9
      • Like
      • Thanks
  10. Late-in-life expression of a latent gene from Hounddog Taylor no doubt.
  11. Even worse, he looks like he learned to run from Steven Seagal.
  12. He always seems in a good mood. I saw him int 2019 at Sweetwater GearFest and as much as time allowed, he talked with everyone, didn't seem to have a big ego and is a great player.
  13. ...and our protagonist evolved a sixth finger by age 60... : D
  14. These release on Nov. 1. https://www.carondeletpickups.com/products/carondelet-otb-fat-broads Sound samples ... https://www.carondeletpickups.com/cdn/shop/videos/c/vp/25c81b7102d34329bd8305cc26a90e1e/25c81b7102d34329bd8305cc26a90e1e.HD-1080p-7.2Mbps-96140132.mp4?v=0 https://www.carondeletpickups.com/cdn/shop/videos/c/vp/ffaed5868404402fa1aef977577a5a5a/ffaed5868404402fa1aef977577a5a5a.HD-720p-4.5Mbps-96277933.mp4?v=0
  15. My dearly departed jazz buddy looked for his "ideal" Tele for a long time. (He had some excellent Andersen archtops, but.....) He finally did get a custom T-type built for him by Danocaster (before his prices skyrocketed). Had a Lollar Low Wind Imperial in the neck. He was also a proponent of the Charlie Christian pickups. Note that Lollar makes that in the traditional size and also a smaller one that seems like it would be a good fit for a Tele. This demo from a guy that knows his way around guitars may not be 100% on point, but might point you in the right direction. I know there are other Tim Lerch videos around if you want to chase them down. FWIW, when I ordered my Grez Grand Tour (archtop) I had it equipped with a pair of CCs. Yeah, not at all like a Tele, but......😉 ETA......
  16. That was one of the better sounding versions, even the Sky guitars tone was good.
  17. Notice how much of the HFC is influenced by banned members.
  18. Hey, didn't realize there's another Hamer fan near me. I'm in Old Greenwich, and hadn't heard about the new GC. My music gear buying days are mostly behind me, but I'll have to check out the new store once it opens.
  19. yeah.. I'm down to 6 or 7 times a day now that I'm old
  20. Maybe it's just me, but...
  21. It's NOT an original era Sunburst. That's an 89-90 Sunburst "reissue", most likely. It looks like the headstock decal could bean aftermarket replacement, but the photo is so blurry (NOBODY should take a blurry photo in 2026, unless they're still using a flip phone or something) I can't tell for certain. If it has an inked serial number, it would be the original run, if the serial is stamped/impressed and starts with an 8, 9 or 0, then that is your proof. Keep that in mind also, since it won't be as valuable as a 77-85 Sunburst, and even less so with a headstock break. The pickups, if stock, are Duncans, not the original, coveted DiMarzios (PAF or Hamer "Slammer") and there's a wider space between the Sustainblock and the bridge pickup ring. Not sure what the guy is asking for this, but it shouldn't be at a premium.
  22. Odds and ends. All prices do *not* include shipping. Send me your city/state, and I'll provide a quote. I'll only charge actual shipping. If you know me and want to pay via PP friends and family, terrific. If not, buyer will need to pick up any fees. AKG K-55 Headphones $15 + shipping and fees. I have 3 of these (price is for one). "Good enough" headphones for tracking. Would not recommend for mixing or critical listening. Couch 3" padded leather strap $25 + shipping and fees. These (if I recall) are ~$50. Got it as a gift and never used it. I'm not a fan of padded straps.
      • 2
      • Like
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...