dragan
Members-
Posts
1,403 -
Joined
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by dragan
-
Any harmonica players here. What should a newbie get?
dragan replied to Disturber's question in Ask the HFC Experts
What does the cross harp actually mean? Why select A for playing in E? thats what it means for blues playing in minor keys you must "cross key" up a 4rth to acheive the typical blues minor sound . e=a f=bflat g=c etc -
Any harmonica players here. What should a newbie get?
dragan replied to Disturber's question in Ask the HFC Experts
I dont know about how many keys , but our harp player uses ** " oscar schmdt " due to the cost of have all the keys . I would think you'd want at least A & D maybe C& F as well to play in E, A , G & C minor respectively. just depends on what keys your tunes are in ,minor cross keys up a 4th edited : you can hear him & the harps here https://soundcloud.com/#search?q=Ragand 2nd& 3rd songs have the most harp & happy birthday ! ** oops meant lee oskar harps -
I try & limit my solos to 12 notes or less
-
Don't forget Antonio Carlos Jobim "one note samba"
-
96 custom shop strat
-
I usually like guitar cabs without insul ,better mids honk ( sealed cabs ) itll be interesting to hear your opinion post insul on this ported cab
-
A lil' help for my guitar teacher Part II
dragan replied to diablo175's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
watched it 3 more times & shared it ! -
Discussion - Worst Sounding Amp You've Ever Owned...
dragan replied to coolfeel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I like the super 60 ! still have one (mines a combo). I was a cheap amp but I thought the distortion channel sounded good (I almost never like the od channel on amps ) , way better than my 80 cain front boogie which it replaced !( thought Id love it , was a wedding present from my wife , hated it from the first night ! ) still have it as well edited to say : the amp ,not my wife , still have her also ! edited again to say : the super 60 was the exception to the red knob fenders , it ran 2 6l6 , 212ax7 and a at7 phase inverter , a huge output tranny and a pretty cool speaker for fender , got good reviews at the time and was a GaryMoore endored amp designed by Jim Boe -
Discussion - Worst Sounding Amp You've Ever Owned...
dragan replied to coolfeel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Acoustic 460? ( bought because wisbone ash was using , never figured how they got a sound ) or early Gallen Kruger 112 -
looks lik a fun & useful project !
-
Pedals: How many ODs or: Am I overdoing it?
dragan replied to Montelovesco's question in Ask the HFC Experts
Whatever works -
I'm just doin what it takes by Lloyd Jones
-
I'm guessing : whatever feels right between, fretting out ( too low ) and first fret sharp( too high )
-
for some of the little joints I use a OD & echo( & batteries) on top of an amp , and clip on tuner . a pedalboard on the floor would reduce the area to stand in by 1/2 .
-
a couple blues / southern rock offerings from a while back , eric quincy tate (wayne sauls) & the bill perry band. newer , curtis salgato & lloyd jones. ,
-
+1 the blessing / william topley
-
How did you learn to play guitar (or bass)?
dragan replied to Feynman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
parents ( mostly my mother ) made me take piano lessons from the age of 7 until I was 10 , when I convinced them to let me switch to guitar . first guitar lesson Oct 31 1965 , took years of guitar lessons 4 different teachers until i was 16 . learned to read music through the 7 th pos . started teaching guitar around 1972 while still in High school & realized while I could read music pretty well I didnt really understand it well . after college & short stint with a band playing no texas / so oklahoma , I returned to lessons with a jazz guitarist who showed me how scales ,keys , & harmonized scales work & also took a couple of part writing / theory classes at the jr college ..thats how I learned what I know . through the late 70s & 80s I played around 150 nights / year & taught lessons ( I was living on money made playing guitar , that also was a " learning" exp ) . I think I learned as much from teaching guitar as I did from taking lessons. having to communicate / verbalize musical concepts is an education in its self . anywho thats how I learned -
6 Dead Presidents for 12 Plectrums
dragan replied to coolfeel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Her purse? that may cost you more in the long run http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dunlop-ultex-sharp-picks--6-pack $3 dunlap ultra sharps. guess thats the going price -
6 Dead Presidents for 12 Plectrums
dragan replied to coolfeel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
http://store.gibson.com/guitar-picks-1-2-gross-standard-style/ 1/2 gross $16 http://www.juststrings.com/classiccelluloidfenderpicksaccessories.html full gross start around $20 -
6 Dead Presidents for 12 Plectrums
dragan replied to coolfeel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I pretty sure you can still buy a gross of std fender style 351s on line for around $30 -
6 Dead Presidents for 12 Plectrums
dragan replied to coolfeel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
never as far as I know, 3 for a quarter at the music store back in the day -
What pulls you musically out of the emotional hole?
dragan replied to BlueRedWhite's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
statesboro blues , allman bros live -
I suspect , applebees , olive garden , chilis & the like , "are" preparing pre packaged entrees in the microwave ... I dont use one except to heat water ... now that Ive sworn off BACON!(the best use of micro wave technology )
-
peoples rationalization for f'd up things they do & ways they react never ceases to amaze me
-
Have you guys seen Zen's amazing new video?
dragan replied to Feynman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
yep really good