-
Posts
9,323 -
Joined
-
Days Won
45
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by velorush
-
To follow up, gigged the Screaming Blonde last night (first time playing out in over 10 years!). I'm even more impressed with it now. It just works. My whole "rig" fits into a briefcase and sounds great. It is actually a little different from this - the Mooer phaser has been replaced with an ElecLady and the strobe tuner is sideways and above the delay, both of which are on 'risers' (small blocks of wood) to make the switches more accessible. Not a single negative comment from the audience about compromised tone due to the absence of an amp. 😉 Again, I can't thank @Jimbilly and everyone else who encouraged me to buy this. What we pulled off last night would have been infinitely more difficult if I had had to mic an amp. ETA: current configuration:
-
Hamer Blitz Zulu Bass
velorush replied to pablo's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I, for some reason, would like to pick up another first-gen Cruisebass. I had a Ferrari red one I sold here back when I was purging gear. It weighed around eight pounds and had a beautifully beefy neck. It was beat with genuine play wear but still looked great. I say "for some reason" as I rarely get to play bass these days, but I'd still like to have that one back. -
Beautiful guitar, but ten grand?! Imagine how expensive it would be if it weren't vandalized!
- 5 replies
-
- 11
-
-
-
New Progessive Rock Band(Get Ready to Gawk)
velorush replied to Dutchman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Couple of points: 1. And, 2. ...and "Angine De Poitrine Latrine" is pain, discomfort or pressure caused by a lack of ruffage in one's diet. -
Hamer Blitz Zulu Bass
velorush replied to pablo's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Not as expensive as I thought it would be as I clicked the link. Not too heavy for such an aircraft-carrier sized hunk of 'hog, either. -
Most Famous Person you played with?
velorush replied to hamerhead's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Standing feet away from Shawn Lane live was one of the most dumfounding experiences of my life. There are some grainy videos on YouTube, but I've seen nothing that even hints at the incredible but absolutely beautiful barrage of musical ideas raining from the stage. The closest thing I can think of is he accomplished completely what Coltrane's 'sheets of sound' was attempting. And an absolute sweetheart of a guy, to boot. -
After playing 'at' guitar for a few years, I found my tonal center with this: I don't really play much like this anymore, but there was a period of a year or so that saw me trying to ape ever single lick. This album made me a Strat guy. That part stuck.
-
New Progessive Rock Band(Get Ready to Gawk)
velorush replied to Dutchman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Angine De Poitrine Latrine Reminds me of that dude that used to "jam" with Dumble on YouTube -
Another tube preamp. Dumble this time.
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
As Jonn Suhr said "practice cures most tone issues," or something like that. I, too, have never played a Dumble, though I did see a Trainwreck amp at Carter's Vintage once... It looked nice! Just like the interweb pictures. -
Had to Google that (interesting!) and found a couple of hits - exactly as you describe. Doesn't look terribly difficult or expensive to execute. One would just have to make sure the pivot point was extremely well supported. Thanks for mentioning this.
-
Wow! Amazing! Odd though, I didn't see @bubs_42 in any of the photos.
-
"867-5309" was ubiquitous my senior year of high school, but I have to confess it wasn't until today that I'd listened to the album. A really solid power pop album with fantastic guitar tones. Amazing how much space was taken up by Skynyrd, etc. back in those days. It took a move to college in the fall of '82 to explode my listening universe and by then Tutone was in the rearview mirror. Too bad.
-
Didn't take you long to get the Sustainer figured out! I'd still be scratching my head.
-
All included in the reasons for me posting the question - I deal with technology every day all day at work (and by "deal" I mean I suffer through filling the chasm between promise and reality all the while fixing problems that in theory should never occur [/rant]). The last thing I want to encounter playing guitar is a menu, firmware update, system crash, etc. I have almost bought both Helix and Quad Cortex (I mean, have you watched @burningyen's videos?!) but paralysis by analysis has held me back. This has a certain appeal those do not (granted, with far less capability).
- 17 replies
-
- 3
-
-
Depends on how much you're spending. The midline workstations (e.g., Roland Fantom 0 series, Yamaha MODX series) do not. Pony up to the top-tier workstations (e.g., Roland Fantom EX, Yamaha ) and they do in one way or another. Roland Fantom EX: Yamaha Montage - no XLR but TRS balanced outs that a simple adapter gets you to XLR: The Korg Kronos does balanced TRS outs, as well. To answer directly, I have no idea, but I'm guessing it's a matter of cost. The synth I bought back when Sweetwater had everything marked down at Christmas, the Roland Juno-D, has stereo TS 1/4 outs. I run it into a JHS Colourbox and into the board, but it would be great to be able to go direct. It would save a 1/4' guitar cable, the Colourbox and a 9V power adapter for the Colourbox and a mic cable.
- 17 replies
-
- 1
-
-
I bought one of these so I'm not carrying my Lester around in a brown "Gibson" "HEY EVERYONE A GIBSON LES PAUL SO STEAL ME" case. Lightweight, works great and not too spendy. Gator GC-LPS Deluxe ABS Molded Case for Single-cutaway Electric Guitar | Sweetwater I am constantly watching the Burnys, Tokais, etc. for a lightweight one like this. Goldtop looks great.
-
'A Man's Gotta Know His Limitations': Dee Snider Quits
velorush replied to crunchee's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Nearly all the empirical evidence proves this true. -
Print it and move on! That was surprisingly even-handed (and the addition of a little reverb makes everything better). Markedly improved mix. Got to add, I always enjoy your guitar playing.
-
An extremely balanced, realistic review: This gives me pause to really consider how I would use it. His point is each of the controls have so much range experimentation is required to understand how it is run. I would expect nothing else.
- 17 replies
-
Fender has a new amp. Brown this time.
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sounds beautiful, and that tremolo (vibrato)! If I were in the market for Brown-panel flavor, I'd more than likely go with the Suhr Hombre for nearly $1,000 less. -
To me it took about a minute to comprehend what was going on. It's logically laid out and each knob has A function: no menus, no secret sub functions, no bother. I've got one of the original Spark amps, for example, that sounds okay, but I absolutely hate (HATE!) because to do anything with it of any significance, I've got to get out my phone (which I also hate) and connect by Bluetooth. The Screaming Blonde is fantastic in that regard - one function per button (like an AMP) and no menus, no glitches, just dial in what you want.
- 17 replies
-
- 3
-