-
Posts
9,327 -
Joined
-
Days Won
45
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by velorush
-
FSA: Jam Checkerboard Wah
velorush replied to santellavision's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
No idea, but I'm willing to wager the term "Gristle" is involved. -
Sound good to you? Dave Natale
velorush replied to ARM OF HAMER's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Thanks for posting. The first interview was a must see for me. Can't wait to watch this second take. I run sound at church. A static location is nothing compared to the completely foreign environments this guy had to face every single event. I consider the issues I face each event and then consider those within the context of different venues, different artists (different everything) and I am completely floored with the guy.- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Is this another pawnshop find? Dude, you are the Pawn Shop King!TM ETAsk: does it, by chance, have the Vintage Carve neck?
-
Really great (very) 80's album:
-
I searched but didn't find any answers. I am generally content to work the guitar's volume knob for dynamics, but I now find myself doubling on some synth duties and am considering a volume pedal to delegate that task. I have never purchased a volume pedal but have read that they can negatively impact overall tone - trust me, I don't need anything to negatively impact anything guitar related. I've seen (JHS, for example) modified volume pedals and I have seen active volume pedals, both of which claim to mitigate the negatives. Anyone have experience with these and willing to make a recommendation? I am still not sold on adding another component to my now stripped-down setup, but I do tend to ponder rather than practice...
-
I've likely posted this before, but there was an attorney in our little town who was quite the wordsmith, a master of dry humor and even taught B-law at the local "at school." Hear now, Bob Hearn's Golden Rule (never to be confused with the golden rule): "He who has the gold makes the rules." You, sir, have the gold. You get to make the rules. Exercise your dominion over the transaction. Agree to do only what you feel comfortable with and nothing you feel uncomfortable with. As soon as the "gold" is in the hands of the common carrier, however, you no longer hold the "gold" and thus the power. [/opinion] and RIP Bob Hearn!
-
Shipping tales - URGENT UPDATE!!!
velorush replied to santellavision's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
We ship often large, often heavy but always expensive bits of technology all over the U.S. and have claims more regularly than we'd prefer. The carrier insurance pays based on weight, something on the order of $0.10 / lb. That is after the mentioned back and forth, tracking discussions and photos. Expecting carrier insurance to reimburse you fully, as @currypowder said, is delusional. We had one recent shipment where the driver failed to scan on pickup. It got lost and UPS held firm they'd never picked it up. Drivers are no longer allowed to leave our premises without first scanning their pickup. -
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... I would contact Reverb post haste, expressing your concerns and asking for a review. A few other details: 1. is the Ship-To Address in the Cont. 48 or over seas? 2. How is the buyer proposing payment? Through the Reverb system or some other?
-
I discovered them about a month ago, or rather, my boss came in raving about them. That led me to the same result as you - hours went by with them nailing about everything. That they've been around decades and this is the first I'm hearing about them speaks to how much I live under a rock (between the swamps, as it were).
-
New Earworm by Doug Gillard (Hamer Content):
velorush replied to cmatthes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Yep, totally unexpected and fantastic. I was just listening (again) to "Starfish" yesterday - this was really familiar in that vein. Just great songcraft. Thanks for sharing. -
FS - Wilkinson HT100 on Reverb
velorush replied to McT51's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I think the OP is referring to this listing: Wilkinson Ht100 - Chrome | Reverb- 1 reply
-
- 2
-
-
-
Shipping tales - URGENT UPDATE!!!
velorush replied to santellavision's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
We were getting killed by UPS for dimensional upcharges. To boot, if we had too many adjustments on a single invoice UPS changed an additional Adjustments Fee. Always round up to the next inch (they never discount for overstating the measurement). If it's on the bubble, really close, go with the larger measurement. It's cheaper in the long run. -
A contrarian method. Direct to FOH: amp sound, extra dirt, echo and wobble. Fits in an old briefcase. XLR cable, guitar cable and power cord. ... and for guitar, one of these guys To summarize: one old briefcase and one guitar gig bag. I can even hold the door for others.
-
-
I really, really like the tone and added umph of the Duncan SSL-5 (it's the bridge pickup in the "Gilmour" set). Duncan calls it "medium output" and I'd agree. The higher wind mellows the highs out perfectly while providing the extra push helpful when using the bridge pickup. Wire the Volume 50's style and connect it to the second tone and it's suddenly a very useful pickup choice. [/opinion] ETA: since the stock Daytona uses Duncans, you won't even have to reverse the connections.
-
Don't take me as some erudite connoisseur: I went googling because I had no idea that might be a Matisse - or actually I hadn't considered that might be a modification of an earlier work. That is when I found the artist's name and the original work. Unlike Austin Powers, I am not very charming, not very debonair, not handsome, not witty and I have absolutely no knowledge of fine wines. Women do not want me; men do not want to be me. In short, I am not an international man of mystery.
-
"Better" is absolutely subjective. Their greater capacitance (all things being equal) will generally roll off highs. One might find that appealing. Hendrix playing a Strat into a Marshall? Likely a beneficial effect on his tone. Playing a jazz box into a Polytone? I'm guessing not, but maybe so. ETA: just reread your question and needed to add this: as I understand it, it's nothing to do with inductance of copper coils but everything to do with the capacitive properties of wire in the cable. The coil of the cable simply means there is more cable (in linear feet) in a coiled cable than a plain cable and therefore more capacitance per effective foot of cable (apologies for the awkward wording).
-
FIFY š Agreed. The '70's Styx albums were on constant rotation.
-
Lace Pickups $100 shipped
velorush replied to scottcald's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Found this that might be helpful (if you have a multimeter): They're supposed to be incredibly consistent by all accounts. -
Hamer TLE 1986
velorush replied to Dave Scepter's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Cool pickup combination. That Super'Tron would be really interesting with the Sustain Block .- 1 reply
-
- 1
-