-
Posts
9,324 -
Joined
-
Days Won
45
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by velorush
-
A recent industrial hygiene study of the Gibson plant has determined a strongly correlated root cause of nearly all QC issues. A photo montage accompanying the report provides clues: A 12,465 page report from the study concludes very succinctly, "Ladies and gentlemen, if we could put our finger on just one primary issue, that would be: it's dark. I mean, really, really dark. We've never seen a production environment with such poor lighting." The report has been published to the Board of Directors. An action committee is anticipated.
- 8 replies
-
- 15
-
-
Eye of Horus - if you read Jordan Peterson, he's frequently on about the Eye of Horus Fantastic and interesting report.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
velorush replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
April foolery? (Hopefully) -
My favorite part was Axl (rather, the absence of Axl), followed closely with what I have to assume is him pushing out a turd he's been working on for a week or so. But seriously, the harmonics in the intro were really cool. Incredible chops!
-
Me and Bobby McGee, Joplin Cover.
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
1. If she's intent on crowding that particular mic, it needs a high pass filter. A 58 would likely have worked better. 2. I liked her rendition, but I think her voice would be more suited to different material. Maybe something from the Amy Winehouse catalog - more contralto-ish. We're so used to Joplin's version it's difficult for anyone to make their mark with that particular song. [/opinion] -
Hamer Artist Custom
velorush replied to Ua D's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
That I have not bought it yet is absolute proof of no funds in the guitar account. Considering items to sell but limited as all the kids are out of the house... -
Premise: Rush is my favorite band. Period. With that, I saw the OP video last night and was planning to come here this morning and post it in the "vocalists who need to hang it up" thread from a few months ago. Painful. There's no shame in tuning down. Please. And I love Ged. He can still sing (ref: Clockwork Angels album), just in a (much) different register. Robin Zander notwithstanding, a man in his 70's can't be expected to sing in the same register as in his twenties (again, unless you're Robin Zander). No comment on Ms. Nilles as "Finding My Way" (or most any Rutsey-era / first album song) isn't an adequate vehicle for demonstration of true Rush competency (Peartuosity?). I'll reserve comment - not that it carries any weight - until I hear Strangiato or Natural Science or YYZ or... That said, they do appear to be having a blast.
-
Split your humbucker more smartlyer.
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Couldn't agree more. As @murkat says, "make it a spaceship, not mission control." "Learn it. Know it. Live it." - Brad Hamilton -
Split your humbucker more smartlyer.
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I've enjoyed every one of that guy's videos. He does a great job explaining what's going on and every one I've watched wastes zero time in making the point. -
First heard Col. Bruce in graduate school and thought enough of it that I wrote down the band name in a notebook (ARU). Herring is a monster player and seems like such a nice guy. Oteil enhances every single group he plays with.
-
Ended up going with the Ernie Ball MVP. It's active so I can use it directly after the guitar and I can use the Tuner Out without tone suck issues. We'll see how it goes.
-
FYI - TV Jones Power 'Tron Ultra(!)
velorush replied to velorush's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That was the reason for the parentheses in the title. One could attribute omission of the exclamation point as a future-looking marketing plan to allow for an even more robust version, the "ULTRA!" Of course, to stick to convention that version would be a 'Power'Tron Ultra Plus.' This is a really cool idea for some applications as by and large 'Trons don't do the coil split thing. I could see this in the bridge of an HSS guitar, splitting on the 4 position. Would also be interesting to try this with parallel wiring for lower output but still humbucking tones. -
FYI - TV Jones Power 'Tron Ultra(!)
velorush replied to velorush's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
The only pickup I can recall with that DCR (no idea of inductance) was the Slammer in my Phantom A5. It was right at 10.5kΩ and was exactly enough for chunkier chording and lead work. By comparison: TV Jones Classic: Bridge: DCR - 4.8k / Inductance - 1.83H. -- Neck: DCR - 4.0k / Inductance - 1.4H TV Jones Classic Plus: Bridge (only): DCR - 7.8k / Inductance - 2.83H TV Jones Power'Tron: Bridge: DCR - 7.8k / Inductance - 4.75H. -- Neck: DCR - 5.0k / Inductance - 2.24H TV Jones Power'Tron Plus: Bridge (only): DCR - 8.5k / Inductance - 5.25H TV Jones Super'Tron: Bridge: DCR - 4.8k / Inductance - 2.64H. -- Neck: DCR - 4.0k / Inductance - 1.81H TV Jones Magna'Tron: Bridge: DCR - 8.0k / Inductance - 2.92H. -- Neck: DCR - 4.8k / Inductance - 1.24H -
This just in my inbox, the TV Jones Power 'Tron ULTRA! Tone / Characteristics The Power’Tron Ultra produces a bold, commanding voice with added harmonic complexity from its mismatched coils. Tight, focused low end that stays defined under heavy gain Punchy mids with extra texture and growl Clear, cutting highs that help leads and riffs slice through the mix Enhanced harmonic richness from the mismatched coils Healthy output even when coil-split, delivering a strong, usable single-coil voice The Power’Tron Ultra keeps the tight response and clarity associated with Filter’Tron pickups while pushing output and character into entirely new territory Output / Power: DCR - 10.30K / Inductance - 6.74 H @1k Hz Single Coil Mode: DCR 6.75K / Inductance 3.35 H @1k Hz
-
Our Martin Radio Shack (the larger town in our county that even has a UT "at" school) went out of business around the same time. Absolutely saved my butt when I, on a Saturday, accidentally made contact biasing an amp and blew a couple of resistors. Unbelievable to be able to drive fifteen minutes and grab a couple of replacements rather than wait a week for the mail.
-
Cool guitars, but who's buying?
velorush replied to DarkHammer's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
This is where I am at now. Sure, if/when the Guitar Account gets built back up I could definitely see grabbing a Hamer or Gibson or other set neck, but as far as the bolt-on variety I am way more satisfied with rolling my own. -
Lied to myself.
velorush replied to Hbom's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Izzat some sort of humbucking P-90 with the offset polepieces? Asking 'cause I don't know. -
Interesting! Found this: So that's on OG Japanese-built unit. The schematic is available if anyone is up for a build: Ibanez TK999 Schematic US
-
Something about the silver and the humbuckers really looks incredible to me. $2,000 plus $150 Shipping. Not ridiculous, IMO. Pretty pristine. 2001 Hamer USA Artist Semi-Hollow Guitar Silver Sparkle w/ Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1, Case | Reverb Needless to say, no affiliation. If I were affiliated it wouldn't be listed as I wouldn't be selling it. Ignore the "one piece mahogany neck."
-
St Patrick's day, how about some green guitars?
velorush replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sherwood green partscaster next to the Stretchocaster-in-process. ...though the color in that photo doesn't look very green. Here it is in its former configuration - the in-person color is much closer to this: ETA: here is the body in the middle of spraying the color coats. I really like the Oxford Guitar Sherwood green -
Watching this thread and DSM Humboldt Simplifier videos with intense interest as I've started using the Tech 21 Screaming Blonde direct to FOH. I get all excited about these more versatile boxes and think I need to buy, but then I crank up the (remember, $99, thanks to the HFC heads-up!) Screaming Blonde and have to ask myself, will it be that much better?
-
From YouTube: "The End Of Hamer Guitars"
velorush replied to HamerHokie's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Hey! I resemble that remark (and pronounced Kaman the same way)!