-
Posts
9,320 -
Joined
-
Days Won
45
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by velorush
-
IT' ALIVE!!!!!!!!! Migration to new host complete.
velorush replied to hikarateboy's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Here's what I have concluded: the WordPress environment does permit direct pasting of photos, but the file size is very limited. I was able to post (paste) a small screenshot directly and that worked fine. Trying to paste a large photo (don't know the definition of "large"*) directly does not work. What does work is pasting from a photo hosting service like Imgur. I have had zero fails with multiple postings. If in Imgur, choose the Direct Link, paste it directly into the posting window and the board software resolves the link and displays the photo. * "Large:" I was able to find this information on the WordPress limits: Hope this helps. In conclusion, I think file hosting is the best means of getting there. I was reluctant to trust another hosting service after PhotoBucket absolutely destroyed the Internet ten or fifteen years ago, but so far Imgur has been fine. -
Hamer Rising Prices and Market Delusion
velorush replied to Jeremy's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Hold the emotion and let the market work. It will... IF allowed to. And rate swaps - vilified by an ignorant media with absolutely no understanding of how credit markets work, attempting to establish a "them" bad guy - were and are an excellent tool for managing rate risk. -
I think Pete Thorn was my first introduction to Suhr. I played a couple of them at Walter Carter's years ago in Nashville and was amazed at the fret work. I have the Suhr ML Standard pickups in my Sherwood green partscaster - very Stratty with just a smidge of added umph. They've become my favorites for all around Strat use after trying a meelion different flavors (long story where I bought a Fender that wound up being just a bad sounding pile of firewood).
-
Wondering if this would be a good replacement for this trem. It's not terrible, but it has some sort of sympathetic vibration going on with several notes. It's not audible through an amp, but I think that has to be detrimental to overall performance. It's a Mexican two-post that floats. Very tempted to plug the holes and install a spare Callaham vintage bridge I have in the parts bin. Does Vega make a two-post replacement, as well? ETA: did a bit of Googling. Yes, they do make a two-point replacement. But this led to a different question. This appears to be comprised of a plate mounted to the guitar body and pivot point(s) that move against that plate. Wait! Where have I seen that before. Oh, yes... Seriously? This is a reimagining of the Sustain Block Trem?
-
It's the suffix (or lack thereof) on all the posted links that is the problem. Your link is https://imgur.com/a/iZVKKIQ - that is a link to a page. What you (and everyone having the same problem) need is a link that ends with a suffix, typically .jpg, .jpeg or .png. I clicked your link which led to the photo being displayed in a browser window. I then right clicked the picture and chose "copy image link." The resulting link was "https://i.imgur.com/P9zQAJ1.jpg" Pasting that into the comment window leads the board software to retrieve and display the image rather than the link. Hope this helps.
-
-
All I did was click the link to display the photo in a browser window, right click the image and choose Copy Image Address and paste the address into this window. Looking at the pasted URL (using the Source button, top left of this window) shows the pasted URL is: "https://i.imgur.com/KMeOqdw.jpeg" compared to your URL, above, "https://imgur.com/a/RXIhLaT#KMeOqdw" Not sure how that URL relates, but clicking it does get me to the picture. It just seems to be read by the board as a hyperlink rather than the photo (notice my URL ends in .jpeg). Try displaying the photo in a browser window, right clicking the picture and choosing Copy Image Address, then paste that URL in the board window. That should work.
-
As bad as I sound on a conventionally-fretted guitar, I can only imagine the levels of suck I could accomplish with that! I do love the micro-tonal stuff though. Anyone a fan of Pat Matheny's "Secret Story?"
- 1 reply
-
- 5
-
-
IT' ALIVE!!!!!!!!! Migration to new host complete.
velorush replied to hikarateboy's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I just posted this 32.3 Mb schematic in another thread: but I didn't post the actual image, I posted a direct link to the image: "https://i.imgur.com/m67SYFn.jpg" -
IT' ALIVE!!!!!!!!! Migration to new host complete.
velorush replied to hikarateboy's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I use an Imgur account and just paste links. No limit on photo size with that. -
I'm stumped, what would these resistor values be?
velorush replied to Dutchman's question in Ask the HFC Experts
I found this thread on mylespaul.com discussing just this "terribad" schematic. The poster came up with a much better schematic after reverse engineering another footswitch. This is what he came up with: Hope this helps. -
IT' ALIVE!!!!!!!!! Migration to new host complete.
velorush replied to hikarateboy's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Operating at This is truly amazing! Great work Ted! ETA: but seriously, Ted, could you talk to my bank and my accounting software provider and my...? ETAA: Great Scott this thing is quick. Amazing transformation, Ted. Really, really impressive. -
Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread
velorush replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
My kids still talk about the night around twenty years ago I slammed an HP Inkjet to the floor from over my head… twice. To hear them tell it, it was a traumatic experience. I think the printer got the worst end of it. -
Gibson Adventures with NGD Content
velorush replied to LucSulla's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I had a similar early 70's SG (no pictures) with the same short neck joint but with rear-mounted controls and a Bigsby. Also had your choice of distortion: ...though, at the time I didn't understand the difference between distortion and overdrive. The distortion, with the short delay added in sounded absolutely huge. The overdrive side sounded anemic by comparison. I never really got it figured out and just used the distortion side for everything. -
Hamer USA Artist Korina - 1990s - Natural | Reverb (needless to say, no affiliation) Somebody please buy this quickly so I can buy it from you when I've replenished the guitar account! 😉 Ad says, "Estate Sale," so I'm guessing details will be hard to come by. Looks like a 2001, though the ad says "1990's." Somebody here order this originally?
-
PSA: Hamer Bass in Arnold, MO
velorush replied to golem's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
- 1 reply
-
- 4
-
-
NGD: I thought I was over this scenario
velorush replied to Willie G. Moseley's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Have a link handy? -
I sent a little sumpm sumpm via PayPal on 18 March.
-
ALWAYS wanted one of those and came close to buying on BITD. Black / green was the classiest configuration (of course I was drawn to the more garish options).
-
What the heck did I buy? Native drum content?
velorush replied to mirrorimij's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard