Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

velorush

Members
  • Posts

    9,324
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by velorush

  1. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was how the HFC was tricked into posting beefcake photos. 🤣
  2. Not a swimming pool, but I've got a Player II hollow 'hog body presently serving as the Stretchocaster II that I've routed H-H-H for the TV Jones Classics. I was going to shoot it with Lake Placid Blue, but I've run into too many projects so that's on hold until this fall (also waiting for humidity to drop as we're now in that part of the year where it's staying well above 50%). Probably enough room for the reverse single - and if not, I can always route out enough additional space.
  3. I've often wondered about the effects of the treble-forward Hendrix orientation of the bridge pickup (whether it made much difference). Somewhere in my ridiculous stack of Strat pickguards I have one with that orientation for the bridge pickup. I should slap a Strat together and see if it makes a difference. Hmmm. I have a Gilmour set (the Fender/Duncan set, not the EMG set) in a drawer... love that SSL-5. Might have to try this out.
  4. I had the 1983 album, "Michael Bolton" my freshman year of college and thought it was phenomenal. My perception was it didn't gain much traction as no one else had ever heard of him. I was amazed when he was suddenly a worldwide phenomenon as a crooner. Great move for him, but the rock albums were great IMO. I have the original Spark and hate it. The amp actually sounds fine (albeit a bit noisy), but the fact that I have to have my cell phone linked to it is a deal killer. I need to sell it, but it won't bring enough to justify the effort in even listing the thing. It's relegated to a keyboard amp at this point and works fine for that running the synth into the aux input. Does the Reactor have the same interface (i.e., cell phone app)?
  5. I confess a guilty pleasure during college, this was on constant rotation. I found the guitars (Tim Pierce, IIRC), production and vocals to be absolutely amazing. I still listen when I think about it. My kids were going off about 80's haircuts the other day, "mullet this" and "mullet that." I told them I never heard the word "mullet" until later in the '90's. We always called that haircut the "Rick Springfield" and it was never taken to the extremes of a, say, Joe Dirt. It was a tasteful take - more like longer hair with short sides. [/musings]
  6. Earthquaker Life Pedal: And this guy, the Half Life (Pedal) I'm guessing no Octave switch and smaller footprint. Witty. ETA: Found this, An octave fuzz inspired by the Shin-Ei FY2 & FY6 units leads the circuit into a brutal big-box rodent-inspired distortion recreated with the best components and including a three-way clipping switch (OpAmp, Asymmetric & Symmetric). The second stage is a purely clean boost to further overdrive the preamp tubes of your vintage system into scaped harmonics and feedback overtone bliss.
  7. Still overwhelmingly impressed with the Tech 21 Screaming Blonde this board talked me into a few months back. It was the perfect solution at the perfect time. I go straight to FOH, sounds great, responds like a real amp and requires very little power. I only wish I had bought the Marshall version at the same time. ETA: AND NO MENUS!
  8. Cool sale if you're looking for 'Trons. $105 - $110 a pickup (about 35% off)!
  9. Only because I don't have $3,250.00 (plus shipping).
  10. Go to the top of the thread and click "Moderation Options" and then click "Delete:"
  11. When did Brett Kingman get the new digs? I haven't watched him in a long time, but it used to be him in his living room, sometimes with his little girl introducing the videos. This is quite a studio! Great sounding pedal. Thanks for posting.
  12. Good grief what a crowd! And so many guitars!
  13. 'nother one - favorite color yet, starting at $1,599! Hamer USA Chaparral Standard Guitar- 1988- Neon Yellow- 8lbs 4oz w/OHSC | Reverb
  14. Longest I've done was Miami to Rio de Janeiro - 14 hours in a 767. The cabin felt more like a sci-fi movie set than an airplane. I fully expected a goat or small monkey to walk down the aisle at any minute.
  15. She is definitely not a fan! I play in church. Throwing a pick would be considered... well... bad form... 🙃
  16. I generally keep a Jazz III (red only, please) in my pocket and am oddly able to keep up with it until the edges are worn sufficiently to throw it away. I can't recall the last time I lost a pick.
  17. ^^ Is Myles playing a St. Blues (Strings and Things) guitar? ^^
  18. I've been amazed at how quickly anything he puts up for sale is gone, seemingly regardless of price. Good for him.
  19. Sold around noon CST (or CDST, whatever we're in right now).
×
×
  • Create New...