Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

velorush

Members
  • Posts

    9,329
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    45

Everything posted by velorush

  1. I dig it! Also the mini "Live From Pompei" aesthetic
  2. Better than anticipated GC photography all around. $2,499 $1,999$1,599
  3. Yeah. I came here to offer up an answer, but I can't recall what it was. Ever do that? 🫣
  4. Look <hic> Look <hic> Look <hic>
  5. I thought this was the LATFB pic
  6. "Put your boots on and man up!" - Steve Stevens 🤣
  7. Back when the interwebs first got going I signed up for a Crutchfield web account. After I got signed in I was checking my account settings and happened to click on "Orders." My first order, a set of door speakers for my 1991 Mazda B2200 LE-5 I bought (by telephone, mind you) years earlier in 1994 was listed! I've bought tons of stuff from Crutchfield and have never been disappointed. I still have extra speaker cable in my attic (the rest of it is in the walls) ordered from them when I built our house back in 1997. I bought cable and junction boxes and it all came with labels and a host of other instructions / tips.
  8. Welcome to the Hamer Fan Club! Strings should have been 0.10 to 0.46 (what Steve uses, anyway). Pickups were DiMarzio (stamped Hamer). Definitely post pictures when you receive it!
  9. Good grief! $55?! ● White-Box Digital Modeling Technology Delivering Organic Living Tone, 3rd Party IR Support (5 User Slots) for creating Custom Unique Sounds. ● 100+ Built-in Guitar/Bass/Acoustic Effects with 20 Legendary Amp Models, 24-bit 44.1kHz Signal Processing. ● 99 Built-in Drum Rhythms and Looper, 100 Presets, Adjustable Signal Chain with Maximum 9 Simultaneous Effect Blocks. ● USB Audio Interface with Stereo Audio Streaming, Support OTG function for directly connecting to iOS/Android Mobile Devices, BT audio connection. ● Free Mac/Windows/IOS/Android Software for Sound Editing and Presets Managing. The built-in lithium battery provides up to 4 hours of continuous use. ETA: Description: Pocket Master is a compact multi-effects processor with potent circuit design and high quality digital effects. It contains 100+ various effects suitable for different musicians, whether you play electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, even keyboard, etc., it can make your playing sound more attractive.
  10. Space was also discussed as an option. Logistics and construction then become the challenges, not to mention power. Small nuclear could be the answer there. Space is certainly NIMBY-compliant. 😉
  11. Amp11 is one I bought after hearing good things here on the board. For the life of me I don't see it. I can't get a single appealing sound out of it. If anyone would like to give it a whirl let me know. I've had it out of the box no more than twice. eesch! I don't recall which one it is (it's white). It's not the JMP or the 909. I do still really like the Tchula Black Mamba and Vibronaut and the formerly non-functioning boost @bubs_42 sent me and I fixed (likely one of the three "issues" he referred to, above - my offer stands to send it back to you, Bubs).
  12. Was listening to someone discuss the infrastructure piece yesterday, specifically the cooling / water requirements. The logical question was asked, 'why are we building these in Arizona / Texas, etc. Why not Alaska?' Seems interesting, but then the consideration of defense was brought up.
  13. I tried 9's and 8's after that Beato video came out a couple of years ago. The 8's were a disaster for me but 9's were fine. I went back to 10's because I'm just more used to them, but the 9's felt and sounded fine to me. I prefer the added resistance of 10's because I'm a hack with poor control on my bends. The added effort helps to reel me in. That said, I'd have no trouble going to 9's if it permitted me to play without pain. I'd just have to put in the time to get used to them.
  14. Click and drag your mouse over the blank spot. The text will contrast with the highlighted area.
  15. Interesting. For some reason I started going in the opposite direction around ten years ago. Can't play anything smaller than about 0.87" thick at the first fret, though it's been a while since I've tested that - I sold off everything with a neck smaller than that some time back. That's another reason I started building the partscasters as most every production guitar seems to be on the order of 0.83" at the first fret. Are you dealing with hand pain, in particular? My issue is left-hand cramping when playing more involved chords - chords where my pinky and ring finger are up on the large E and A strings, for example (which, musically, is more likely an indication I need to stop spending time in the keyboard's and bass' sonic space). The maple neck on the Stretchocaster is an inch thick nut to body and I can play that one all day in comfort. The Sherwood green partscaster is just a bit thinner, but same thing, play that one all day.
  16. Local shop has one, but I believe the one he has was hencho en Mexico. Looks just like the photo. Also, a great number of Fender-Japan guitars have basswood bodies, so that tracks.
  17. Tragedy someone vandalized the back. Likely buff out with a little work.
  18. Had great results with Terrapin Guitars (three orders). Their web interface is fantastic. Pick the style guard you want, then enter the pickup configuration. Price totals as you go. Service has been quick and the price was (obviously) agreeable. They even made a change after ordering (before production) when I decided I wanted to go with English Mount on the Filtertrons.
  19. So many thoughts/questions. Imagine engineering that for broadcast! Eighteen instruments! Would Don Ellis have toured with such a group? And everyone had to be paid... Is that a Fender logo in the upper left corner of each member's rail? Couldn't tell at that resolution but seems awfully non-sequitur if that's the case. They sort of look like ("waafur thin") speaker cabinets. Sort-of. Thanks for posting!
  20. The kids are fascinated (or at least they're pretty good at pretending) with the tales of TV in my childhood - everyone had a variety show (Shields and Yarnell, Shields and Yarnell!, even had a variety show) and Neil was a staple. A great talent even though he probably won't find himself on any of my playlists (he doesn't care). ETA: thanks for the prompt. I saw it come up but didn't think much of it. I don't mind watching anything with Kate Hudson - been watching "Running Point" on Netflix of late.
×
×
  • Create New...