Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Billy Gibbons playing an Epiphone LP in small club.


Recommended Posts

Posted

                                When you have reached that level of playing after all those years you can make just about anything work for you and sound.................just like Billy Gibbons.

Posted
4 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

                                When you have reached that level of playing after all those years you can make just about anything work for you and sound.................just like Billy Gibbons.

I noticed that also with the Fender Vintera II demo he did:

Seems to me to be a two-edged sword...yep, he sounds like Billy Gibbons, but then again he always sounds like Billy Gibbons.  Would anybody recognize him if he wasn't playing, and he shaved his beard off?  :rolleyes:

Posted

                                                              What if he looked like this............?????? Because at one time he did. BvWl54L.jpg

 

Posted

Good to hear him unprocessed in a bar environment. I’d like to imagine he loved it and was reminded of why he stated playing blues-rock in the first place. 

Posted
2 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

                                                              What if he looked like this............?????? Because at one time he did. BvWl54L.jpg

 

Everyone wears a costume.

Posted

Hell yeah! Jesus just left chicago! Such an awesome song. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that BFG can make just about anything sound awesome. 

Posted
8 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

                                                              What if he looked like this............?????? Because at one time he did. BvWl54L.jpg

 

image.jpeg

Posted

Too bad the person filming that gig was struck by a bad case of VVS – Vertical Video Syndrome. Honestly, why do people keep recording upright? Phones aren’t periscopes!

It’s painful to watch, even though it’s the Reverend. Half the band is cropped out, and the “view” feels like peeking through a mail slot.

Movies are meant to be wide. So please, dear videographers: tilt that phone sideways. It’s not rocket science, just gravity. 😉

Posted

I'm a bit bemused at how much I've enjoyed the Raw album by the ZZ TOPs. Lives up to its name and does indeed conjure up memories of the pre-beard days.

Gibbons-RJ 1971 Epiphone color negative-CROPPED LO.jpg

Posted
13 hours ago, Kerry Marchman said:

Maybe it's the Epiphone IBG Billy Gibbons signature model "Pearly Gates" model. It wouldn't surprise me if they came out with one.

It may have been my screen but I thought I saw some relicing on it. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...