Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'87 Jimmy Vaughn Hamer on the 'Bay- no reserve

I emailed the dude. He has absolutely no proof to who owned it. I asked him why it was Jimmy LEE and not Jimmy LAWRENCE. He had no answer but, "That was what I was told".

Yeah right, I wouldn't trust him.

I think this was just answered above...seems the man is frequently referred to as "Jimmie Lee," even by his more talented brother. :blink:

Plus, it says it on the headstock?

• 2 months later...

Wonder why he's flipping it so fast.....for basically the same price he paid recently?

It looks even worse in person?

Could that even be possible?

Wonder why he's flipping it so fast.....for basically the same price he paid recently?

It looks even worse in person?

Could that even be possible?

I don't know....it sort of has that "aging hard rock player gone country" look. Sort of like a Bret Michaels or Richie Sambora signature guitar might look.

• 5 weeks later...

photo-2.jpg

looks pretty good without the pickguard, and it's on its way to Nashville. I'll own it until my Better Half kills me and makes me sell it....

Removing the pickguard turned it from a hooker to a looker!!!

Good luck keeping her!

wow. totaly different. Nice to see the guard off. Good call Toby! Nice.

I'll bring her over when it arrives. I had them pull the pickguard and said if it's not routed underneath, I'll take it. I didn't pay $2200 btw, so from an initial asking price of $12K, it found a home for WAY less than that!! Undecided as to whether to fill the screw holes, or to leave them in case I do resell it and the original pickguard would be desired (can't see that angle personally, but if someone was a JLV fan and liked the plasticky Fender look...?)

I'm very curious to see what kind of mojo this TLE has, and if it's the "Nashville" guitar I've been seeking. I'm betting on that if it was built for Jimmie Vaughan, it might be tilted in that direction?

btw Jay, I didn't tell Jenny yet and am VERY AFRAID to....

I should add, the reverse Virtuoso headstock is a pretty rare one (angled, not straight as on the Centauras). I just can't pass up a Hamer that has one. So far as I can figure, this headstock was only done on:

-the Virtuosos (obviously), that's twenty-some odd guitars

-a few TLEs

-a few FBs, including the Scotti Hill FBs, which I DID pass up and regret it to this day!!

-my Cali doubleneck

I should add, the reverse Virtuoso headstock is a pretty rare one (angled, not straight as on the Centauras). I just can't pass up a Hamer that has one. So far as I can figure, this headstock was only done on:

-the Virtuosos (obviously), that's twenty-some odd guitars

-a few TLEs

-a few FBs, including the Scotti Hill FBs, which I DID pass up and regret it to this day!!

-my Cali doubleneck

And my custom Chap :lol:

Nice goin'! It looks 1,000 times better without the pickguard.

Love the purple finish, but that big white splash of pickguard just wasn't right...

And my custom Chap :lol:

seriously???? picture!! show!! details wanted badly!!

Nice goin'! It looks 1,000 times better without the pickguard.

Love the purple finish, but that big white splash of pickguard just wasn't right...

I wasn't sure if I was missing something in the talk about how ugly the guitar was...when all it would take is pulling off the pickguard and then it'd be a naturally killer TLE. And in terms of custom builds for artists, how many Hamers have been built for country or blues musicians? Not too many from that Golden Age of the 80s-90s....

welcome to Nashville indeed - finally, my guitar for the Nashville scene, and thankfully a Hamer! :) (was beginning to think I'd have to get a freaking Fender, and Fenders hate me)

Undecided as to whether to fill the screw holes, or to leave them in case I do resell it and the original pickguard would be desired (can't see that angle personally, but if someone was a JLV fan and liked the plasticky Fender look...?)

Leave'em.. If it were mine I'd put a B/W/B pickguard on it

Hamer should be done with it by Christmas if not sooner.

I may or may not have seen that last month in the Hamer shop.

It may or may not have been just about ready for finishing.

It may or may not have been...wow!

Hamer should be done with it by Christmas if not sooner.

I may or may not have seen that last month in the Hamer shop.

It may or may not have been just about ready for finishing.

It may or may not have been...wow!

I may or may not be jealous that you may or may not have seen a cool custom guitar at the Hamer shop that may or may not have been my geetar... :lol:

Archived