Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1996 Hamer USA Standard Korina

WOW.. Its up to $1725.00 already??

Seems fishy....

Wasn't there one on fleebay for $2100.00 but it now recently??

Why does that seem fishy? It's still well below what it's worth.

Take the number of people on this forum alone that know what it is and what it's worth, and picture many of them (I was one) who saw the auction for the first time and threw a bid down. The price tends to go up very quickly once that happens.

Seen it a thousand times.

WOW.. Its up to $1725.00 already??

Seems fishy....

Wasn't there one on fleebay for $2100.00 but it now recently??

Why does that seem fishy? It's still well below what it's worth.

Take the number of people on this forum alone that know what it is and what it's worth, and picture many of them (I was one) who saw the auction for the first time and threw a bid down. The price tends to go up very quickly once that happens.

Seen it a thousand times.

Guess Ill follow your lead...

WOW.. Its up to $1725.00 already?? Seems fishy.... Wasn't there one on fleebay for $2100.00 but it now recently??

There was #11 (mint condition, great wood) that started at $2800 I think, then dropped to $2350 BIN but didn't sell. It was much nicer than this one IMO. I am in San Diego area. This guitar was advertised on CL in San Diego a few months ago for $2000. I tried to buy it, but he said he had been offered $2500 - I told him I had $2k in hand and would drive over and buy, if it was as pictured & described - he declined. I've since bought another in better condition. Later he re-listed it for $2300.He emailed a couple days ago and offered it for $2000. I told him $2000 was a good price , but $1800 would move it faster. Just FYI, I did not have good feelings about the way he handled the original listing.

That one has been on the San Diego Craigslist for a couple months give or take. I think it debuted there at around $2300.

Simultaneous post - as I said in previous post - it was originally $2000 on CL, relisted at $2300 for awhile, now on Ebay.

A USA Korina Standard is not a guitar anyone wants to part with. That may be the reason for the wishywashy seller.

That one has been on the San Diego Craigslist for a couple months give or take. I think it debuted there at around $2300.
Simultaneous post - as I said in previous post - it was originally $2000 on CL, relisted at $2300 for awhile, now on Ebay.
A USA Korina Standard is not a guitar anyone wants to part with. That may be the reason for the wishywashy seller.
I certainly don't want to part with mine! I did speak to him on the phone once. He never indicated any great fondness for the guitar. I didn't get the sense that he was a player, or a fan. He just emphasized the rarity of it, the one of 100 deal. I tried several times to view the guitar but he was unavailable. I don't have the email conversations saved from the subsequent attempts to see it, but my recollection is I thought that he felt he listed too low from the (some?) responses he got after I initially told him I'd take it, someone may have offered him more, and he wanted more money. I didn't offer him more money. I never did see it in person. His above-asking-price phone offers fell through apparently. My point is after my experience with him, I formed an opinion about his business style that wasn't positive. Of course it's his to do with as he pleases. I do care about whom I do business with - but the guitar doesn't care about his business practices :-) I've never heard that any of these limited edition series of Korina's were no good! Quite the opposite.

If I were serious, I'd try to see if that #11 is still available. http://www.ebay.com/itm/260931417549?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_512wt_1140 It didn't sell, and you could try contacting the seller thru Ebay expired listing. Guitar and case looked mint. Cleaner wood. Just a thought. EDIT - just noticed it SOLD for $2200.

Even stranger.......All bids were cancelled, then it was relisted. Something screwy going on. Listing mentions California sale tax, so I assume this is some sort of retailer.

I would be real careful if I was in the market for one.

Even stranger.......All bids were cancelled, then it was relisted. Something screwy going on. Listing mentions California sale tax, so I assume this is some sort of retailer.

I would be real careful if I was in the market for one.

Or it's a way to jack the local price/weed out local sales so no one asks to check it out in person.

is it just me, or does anyone else see the first digit in the serial # as a '5'?

If it's #067, it's probably a '96.

Well, as much as I'd like to say "Duh! to me on that one", I swear when I enlarge it, it starts with a '54', then gets hard to make out the next 4 digits, but underneath, I can see 067. Weird

For reference, my korina Standard is #60 and it was purchased in 1995. Its serial number is 543445.

Mine is #063, also a 1995 Standard. Oh, how I love that guitar :)

Archived