Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NTL Shop Haps of 4/16

murkat

Question

JLV been blacked and scraped top side.

006-29.jpg

I tried talking Toby into shooting the back and neck cherry red... me thinks that set it off bigtime..

001-26.jpg

swiss cheezed sunburst in for some love

009-23.jpg

012-19.jpg

condom used pre glue mock up

013-13.jpg

Not much to clamp on since it is in pieces, but, it be good :)

014-11.jpg

fill the lil mice holes too... after the headstock

010-22.jpg

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, somebody's putting a Kahler in a Bound & Crowned. Hmm, looks like a 1980 if I'm not mistaken. Beautiful top, too.

Bet there'll be some major bitchin' (in addition to Bubs) on the ol' boards tonight...

So, someone in THIS fucking millenium had you rout a vintage Sunburst for a Kahler.

Is that what you're telling me??

well, was not easy for me to take the router to it, and I have done it before many moons ago. And have de kahlered a few.

But, it is the clients wish. The clients guitar. I respect that.

cherry red, like the backs of those Sunbursts? I just can't envision it, although that is one of my favorite trans reds.

Toby, yeah. If have to say publicly, yes. Seeing the black top, with the black binding and the cheater scrape. A trans red would set if off the hook.

Come take a look sometime, its curing a bit.

So, someone in THIS fucking millenium had you rout a vintage Sunburst for a Kahler.

Is that what you're telling me??

It's taken 26 years, but I suddenly feel vindicated. :lol: Me likey. There - I said it.

Guess mine wasn't "vintage" at the time. Just "Modern-Vintage".

Not something I would want to do to a nice looking Burst (not a particular fan/user of any trems) but it already has a damaged neck socket which means it's lost a whole heap of it's value anyway so if thats what the owner wants to do it's his call.

Wow, somebody's putting a Kahler in a Bound & Crowned. Hmm, looks like a 1980 if I'm not mistaken. Beautiful top, too.

Bet there'll be some major bitchin' (in addition to Bubs) on the ol' boards tonight...

I assumed it was you!

Regardless of what people think about the Kahler, I'll add that that is one of the most beautiful sunburst jobs I've seen on a Sunburst.

Nice!

I also get a little tingly feeling when Jay says "custom work"...

:D

Regardless of what people think about the Kahler, I'll add that that is one of the most beautiful sunburst jobs I've seen on a Sunburst.

I agree.

All the more reason not to screw a 4"x4" hunk of shit on top of it.

Neck break or not, that's going too far.

J.

Something cool and German came in the mail today...really nice and it'll be heading to Nashville by the weekend along with a few other nifty bits...

J.

Something cool and German came in the mail today...really nice and it'll be heading to Nashville by the weekend along with a few other nifty bits...

Back at ya,... Ivroid binding has shipped ;)

J.

Back at ya,... Ivroid binding has shipped ;)

Music to my ears!

I refuse to install Kahlers on vintage guitars....period. HACKERY.

I love ya, Jay, but that's just wrong.

I wouldn't kahler a guitar either, but that's for the customer to judge, not you.

Hawaiian, BBQ, Chicken Pizza is awsome! Didn't Greg put a wraptail on a Sunburst (Aceburst)? Its a different bridge but the same kinda mod none the less. Hell I like to rip the Dimarzio's out and put Duncan's in. Its not original but it works for me. It pains me to see that happen to a Sunburst but its not my call.

I refuse to install Kahlers on vintage guitars....period. HACKERY.

I love ya, Jay, but that's just wrong.

Sometimes, small business owners have to make difficult decisions. Ultimately, it boils down to this:

feed-your-family-feed-it.jpg

Archived