Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2012 Chicago Vintage Hamer Reception and Jam

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed at a Hampton Inn near Midway sharing a room with Bubs. Couple blocks from the hotel we rode a train in from there and back to the Cliffdwellers deal Friday night but the Excaliber deal was a vehicle type affair. Much thanks to Bubs on that to the club and my friend Brian afterwards. With research I found it is possible to get near enough to Excaliber on the train but you have to switch lines coming from Midway.

The Aloft I found was at O'hare. That is west of Chicago. Is that the one you mean? I would have to check train lines but I bet that is a doable mode to both events.

I wouldn't be against staying there again. This Aloft is in Bolingbrook, the wife and I stayed there and trained into town for the Frampton Concert. Easy, Simple, Clean, and I just like there hotels. Ikea's next door among other things.

I'm clear and ready.

Dave, I'll take Lolita's pillowbed.

You have dibs on the guest room. Come a day early and we can work up something for the jam.

Topic now PINNED...

Cool! Well, this will be my first. Finally meet some of you in person. I've a loft just down the street, but unfortunately, it's being rented out. :(

You can walk to the dome room from 200 S Michigan, though it would be a pretty healthy walk. Maybe a mile and a half.

Looking forward to it, better mark the calendar. Saturday, October 13th. :rolleyes:

You have dibs on the guest room. Come a day early and we can work up something for the jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaqyvigNvAk

Nice b&c Sunburst in there. Thought the bassist was a smokin', hot chick.... 'til the mustache!

Where you gonna get those big foam boulders to throw out into the audience?

Looking for any other bands for a mini-set?.... Maybe I could get my mates Lehman's Demons. I'm playing bass in this one.

dave

Edited to add...

Or if anyone needs a bass (Chap 5'ver, and 12'ver), or guitar (too many Hamers to list) in a jam? Can help with harmonies too.

I think the last time I was at Excaliber was for a cast party for the film "Return of the Living Dead"...jeez that was 1985 !!

Talk about scary !!! :o

Looking for any other bands for a mini-set?.... Maybe I could get my mates Lehman's Demons. I'm playing bass in this one.

dave

Edited to add...

Or if anyone needs a bass (Chap 5'ver, and 12'ver), or guitar (too many Hamers to list) in a jam? Can help with harmonies too.

Nice Solo at the 1Minute mark. I'm OK with mini-sets...just want to make sure that we generally limit it to no more than 3 songs per to make sure people get a chance to get up on stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best version of "Never My Love", EVER.

Young Gene is doing a great job on the coralling the kittens for the song list.

Let's get confirmations on the groups wanting to do 'mini-sets'

We have confirmed:

• Off Broadway
  • The Chicago Chamber Rock Trio (Chris and Rob Herman)

We have tentative offers from:

• Lehman's Demons
  • Mother May I

Can you guys confirm so we can start to develop the rough Schedule?

Chris - how much time do we have slotted for the performances/jam?

Archived