Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2012 Chicago Vintage Hamer Reception and Jam

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was bummed last week when I found out I couldn't go.

This week, I'm whatever it is when you're beyond bummed!

Sounds like another great time. Enjoy!!

Like when you find out REE-shard isn't coming after all?

So sad...now it's back to being a sausage fest. ...and someday, I hope to participate in an HFC group viewing of Marked for Death

Like when you find out REE-shard isn't coming after all?

He's not?

But Vonnie is still flying out, right?

Many positive thoughts from France....Would love to join you another year but really such a newcomer...i have to wait for a while.

Enjoy your week end and have fun.

Cheers Gilles

No John Ivan!?

Is Badger Dave still gonna come?

Waiting for my flight...

Badger Dave IS John Ivan...

Hamer Dave is John Ivan as well...

...at least on Saturday. :)

Travel safe!

My ears are still ringing after the jam. What an amazing day. I have to thank once again again Paul Hamer and Chris Herman for all the work, organization and hospitality. It was great to meet so many great and long standing HFCers. I would prefer not naming anybody as I might forget some, but if I met you at all, you totally rock. Just confirming again what you feel when participating on the board: even if you were not the great musicians that you are, you would still be the most amazing bunch of characters ever.

-Jorge.

My ears are still ringing after the jam. What an amazing day. I have to thank once again again Paul Hamer and Chris Herman for all the work, organization and hospitality. It was great to meet so many great and long standing HFCers. I would prefer not naming anybody as I might forget some, but if I met you at all, you totally rock. Just confirming again what you feel when participating on the board: even if you were not the great musicians that you are, you would still be the most amazing bunch of characters ever.

-Jorge.

Thanks Jorge...good to meet you.

I walked up to the top balcony and was talking with John Hamer (Paul's brother) and we were looking down at jam in progress on the stage and I saw a bunch of people having fun, and that's what it was all about.

-Jorge.

Thanks Jorge...good to meet you.

I walked up to the top balcony and was talking with John Hamer (Paul's brother) and we were looking down at jam in progress on the stage and I saw a bunch of people having fun, and that's what it was all about.

Great show everyone!

I'll sum up my thoughts thusly: there's something surreal about having Paul Hamer, the guy whose name is on the guitars you fell in love with as a kid and still love to this day, give you a direct order to get on stage and jam, play alongside you during one of the jams, and compliment your playing afterward. That doesn't happen without the HFC.

"Bunch of characters" indeed!

Archived