Ting Ho Dung Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Not minehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330939057791&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_458wt_1002
Disturber Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 What is the body wood? The grain looks unfamiliar to me... I don't think I've seen a two piece body on a Hamer before that is not Korina.
atquinn Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Newport 12's are all maple (except for the fretboard of course).-Austin
Hbom Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Nice guit. But he's got so many "I don'ts" that I won't.
Disturber Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Newport 12's are all maple (except for the fretboard of course).-AustinWhat I was thinking..... Thanks.
django49 Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Best 12 string I have ever played. Liked it so much I ought a second when it came up in a harder to find finish. Guess I should sell one of them.....Some day.
dragan Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 this guitar was on craigs list a couple months ago for 1700-1800 ? , guess he couldnt or wouldnt then either?
Hamerica Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Nice guit. But he's got so many "I don'ts" that I won't. Based solely upon his feedback, he appears to be solid. I am sure the don'ts was due to many of the fleabayers out there. Hamerica
JohnnyB Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Nice guit. But he's got so many "I don'ts" that I won't. Talk to anybody who sells a lot on eBay (as this guy does) and they'll have a growing "don't" list that can't keep up with the tricks that scamming buyers come up with. I don't think his limitations are so unreasonable. He wants PayPal unless it's an in-person transaction. He wants a reliable form of money, and he doesn't want somebody dicking around with him. This looks like a great guitar in great condition. I talked to a pawn shop owner about some of his stories. Buyers would win the auction, he'd ship the item out, they'd register a complaint with eBay and PayPal, he'd have to issue the refund, and then the item would be returned damaged and stripped. In the case of electronics, they'd remove the tubes and other hard-to-find parts. They'd even do this sort of stuff to power tools. Some were probably using it as a way to borrow equipment for a single use. Ebay scamming works both ways.
dragan Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 Bought one gtr on ebay ,it was a local pick-up , and there were no problems . After following this sight for awhile I think I'd be afraid to buy or sell anything there.
Hbom Posted June 13, 2013 Posted June 13, 2013 I need to re trace my statement.I never meant to trash the seller. I don't know him, I don't blame him.There's only a few "don'ts that bother me on eBay and he had the one I dread the most.Shipping:May not ship to Alaska/Hawaii | See details Item location:Antioch, Illinois, United StatesShips to:United States See exclusions So for that I can't buy his guitar.But there are a lot of folks on eBay/The Internet that won't ship to Alaska, so I can't bad mouth him for that, I just won't but his guitar.Sorry for the confusion,D
MR714 Posted June 14, 2013 Posted June 14, 2013 For the record, it's mine!!!I've never offered this on Craig's List. I had it on here twice only to get the runaround for a million pics and then lowballed to my surprise, which is why I went to ebay.It's been on ebay a few times with the "if it doesn't sell, I'll offer you this amount" which always falls through.I didn't know about the "may ship to Alaska" part. That will be rectified immediately!Check my feedback. Ask around on here. I've bought and sold with alot of you with great ease and success.Just down on my luck and need to liquidate my herd and trying to proctect myself from getting screwed any further by deadbeats. I've had 5 auctions for guitars end with the buyer not paying up already this year!Matthew
cmatthes Posted June 14, 2013 Posted June 14, 2013 For the record, Matt is one of the easiest people around to buy a guitar/bass from or sell a guitar/bass to - he's been a LONGTIME HFC'er, and I've dealt with him before, and totally trust him. Nothing but thumbs up from me, except that I wish I had had the cash at the time to buy back the Marble/boomered Chap V bass I sold him when he moved it along! My fault, not his.
tomteriffic Posted June 14, 2013 Posted June 14, 2013 Wish I had the coin. Somebody buy my Goldtop!! As it is, I put a 12-string fanatic buddy of mine in Indiana on to the auction.
MR714 Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Got yanked around again!Still available. Reasonable offers accepted!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.