Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Love the new neck!  When you posted the first shot of it on the grey body my first thought was "HUH?!?!"

I did a web search to make sure there wasn't  a sudden world shortage of day-glo paint 😀😀

is the new neck a direct spec copy of a Cali or some subtle changes?

Edited by mc2
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WOO HOOO! The neck arrived yesterday afternoon! I spent a few hours of the afternoon, evening and a few this morning prepping it for attachment- new Gotoh tuners and the locking nut installed. It look

Oh hell yeah!    

Oh hell yeah...

Posted Images

9 hours ago, mc2 said:

Love the new neck!  When you posted the first shot of it on the grey body my first thought was "HUH?!?!"

I did a web search to make sure there wasn't  a sudden world shortage of day-glo paint 😀😀

is the new neck a direct spec copy of a Cali or some subtle changes?

There are some almost imperceptible but significant changes -  head stock is a little different, stainless jumbo frets, slightly different radius, and sn oil finish.

Edited by diablo175
  • 1 month later...

Hated doing it after putting it all together (and it played/sounded REALLY f-ing great)  but disassembled the Project Cali ( now to be referred to as the HA Cali ) and sent the body down to BC Guitars for finishing. This is the mock up they sent me based on my design. I'm looking forward to having this back in the herd!

HA CALI Mock.jpg

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 3

Pic no worky.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2016 at 0:38 PM, diablo175 said:

MapleCalineck.jpg..jpg

13043791_10209124381457217_2776907490455

Nice, Jim! Out of all of your screamingly obnoxious, graphic-Calis, this is my favorite. Your new build is the Ruler of the Roost. This is gonna turn out fantastic

• Like 2
On 6/15/2016 at 9:35 AM, velorush said:

16735.png&w=350&h=254

Too obvious?

Not even remotely.  Have no idea who that is as I don't follow pro football.

But Cynic was pretty damned close!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/53/Jokerkillingjoke.png

Sorry, it was a joke. 

His birth name is Ha'Sean Treshon Clinton-Dix, but pretty much everyone knows him as "Ha Ha." 

He played for Alabama, was the Packers' first-round draft pick in 2014 and is a terror to pretty much any opposing team's offense.  Fun to watch!  :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, velorush said:

Sorry, it was a joke. 

His birth name is Ha'Sean Treshon Clinton-Dix, but pretty much everyone knows him as "Ha Ha." 

He played for Alabama, was the Packers' first-round draft pick in 2014 and is a terror to pretty much any opposing team's offense.  Fun to watch!  :)

I figured it was intended as a joke. :D

Pick up swap time! The Godzilla Cali's EMGs are coming out in favor of some passives. The SD Alt 8 in my Charvel CS Star is a tad too hot and might do well in the G-Cali with a 250K. The erstwhile Alt 8 in the Charvel will be replaced by a SD Perpetual Burn and remain on a 500K pot.

G-Cali.jpg

StarNPD.jpg

Wonderful! The guitar is going to look really great.

That's cool.  I hope you have the time/patience to paint the words over the pickups and the black Floyd that'll go in there. ;)

Oh, and over the trem cavity cover. 

Edited by scottcald
Added over trem cover
46 minutes ago, scottcald said:

That's cool.  I hope you have the time/patience to paint the words over the pickups and the black Floyd that'll go in there. ;)

Oh, and over the trem cavity cover. 

Patience?  Fuck that!  I wanna play that beee-yothch!  ;)

9 minutes ago, scottcald said:

I hear you.  I just assumed all this took more than an afternoon.  

Yeah, just a little more...  :lol:

Bought Kurtsstuff's Cali Std. back in Dec (?) and spec-ed the neck in Feb. The refinish was sent out a week ago or so. Once I get it it set up, it'll have been 6 months and change.

2 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Yeah, just a little more...  :lol:

Bought Kurtsstuff's Cali Std. back in Dec (?) and spec-ed the neck in Feb. The refinish was sent out a week ago or so. Once I get it it set up, it'll have been 6 months and change.

That's pretty good in my book.  If I was doing that, it'd be 2019 before it got finished

• Like 2