Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 I thought I would ask the wise tone Gurus recommendations of a decent "best bang for the buck" small Reverb pedal... don't need a 1000 options... just a few "quality tones" will do~ I have a couple of older Fender amps with spring reverb and a couple of other amps with digital reverb however, thinking of getting a pedal for the amps without... recommendations please!
serial Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 My Guyatone MR-2 is a great little unit. Perfect for back of amp/in cabinet mounting.
cmatthes Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 48 minutes ago, Sugartune said: Tc electronics Hall of Fame (or mini). This is a GREAT little unit! Mine got bumped a few months back only because I managed to get one of the rare and highy sought after Old Gregg Reverb pedals.
bubs_42 Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 One question, are you running it out front or in the effects loop? Either of the above are good choices, i've tried the Mr. Springgy, EH has the Grail Series, but I didn't care for either of them out front, if you turn on another pedal neither of them worked well even with just changes of attach the shift was too much for me. Boss RV5 is a great unit as well. I really just wanted to say UNIT.
Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Author Posted September 22, 2016 1 hour ago, Sugartune said: Tc electronics Hall of Fame (or mini). 14 minutes ago, cmatthes said: This is a GREAT little unit! Does the 4 knob regular size TC require the "toneprint" to change options?.. not sure if I like the "downloadable toneprint" option~
bubs_42 Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 No the 4 knob version has everything at the turn of a knob. The 1 knob version has factory setting in it available as well. IMHO the Tone Prints are great but the editor is way over my head.
Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Author Posted September 22, 2016 3 minutes ago, bubs_42 said: One question, are you running it out front or in the effects loop? Both~ you didn't like the Holy Grail "UNIT"?
Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Author Posted September 22, 2016 1 minute ago, bubs_42 said: No the 4 knob version has everything at the turn of a knob. The 1 knob version has factory setting in it available as well. IMHO the Tone Prints are great but the editor is way over my head. Yeah, to me it seems like a possibility to induce a corrupted file... I'm thinking the regular size TC may be the one~
bubs_42 Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 No it was the same way as the Springgy UNIT. My favorite so far and i'm not just plugging Fuchs but the Good Vibrations pedal is great, really great. By far my favorite, it is built into my amp and I love it. Just now, Dave Scepter said: Both~ you didn't like the Holy Grail "UNIT"?
bubs_42 Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 Just now, Dave Scepter said: Yeah, to me it seems like a possibility to induce a corrupted file... I'm thinking the regular size TC may be the one~ I had one, it was a great pedal. Between it and the Delay both are home runs.
Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Author Posted September 22, 2016 Yeah I was also at the looking at the flashback series... I should probably get both TC Units~
Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Author Posted September 22, 2016 46 minutes ago, cmatthes said: This is a GREAT little unit! Mine got bumped a few months back only because I managed to get one of the rare and highy sought after Old Gregg Reverb pedals. Hmmmm there's one of those for sale on Reverb.com.~ looks like a need bit of Google investigating
Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Author Posted September 22, 2016 56 minutes ago, serial said: My Guyatone MR-2 is a great little unit. Perfect for back of amp/in cabinet mounting. This seems to be Unobtainium~
serial Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 17 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: This seems to be Unobtainium~ I have one (used, but nice shape w/box and manual) that I'm not using anymore (my amps have reverb-my 2203 Marshall 1/2 stack needed reverb, so I picked that one up. Sold the Marshall shortly afterwards.
serial Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 1 hour ago, cmatthes said: This is a GREAT little unit! Mine got bumped a few months back only because I managed to get one of the rare and highy sought after Old Gregg Reverb pedals. I actually designed this one. I have the first one (no logo) and then there was a run of ten after. Great pedal. I wanted this one done because the Guyatone, while a great reverb, is better suited for sitting on or in an amp as opposed to a pedalboard where my big feet would never hit it correctly.
unfun75 Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 Don't know if they still make them but I had a Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb pedal and it was great. Seven flavors of Lexicon verbs. Used it with a Peavey 5150 head. All my amps since have had reverb or I would have kept it.
Montelovesco Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 Pretty happy with the Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb....Comes with three knobs only...
Dave Scepter Posted September 22, 2016 Author Posted September 22, 2016 Thanks everyone for all the recommendations~ there's a lot of great new gear out there & I was lucky enough to find this on reverb.com... so I thought I'd try something new & give this a shot... 3 knobs & solid Construction... I really don't need a 1000 different tones just 1 really good one and did I mention the eyes light up?..plus if I decide it doesn't fit my needs, I can always sell it and buy the TC UNIT... Once again the tone Gurus of the HFC come through... http://imgur.com/vKSjjfa
HAMERMAN Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 11 hours ago, serial said: I actually designed this one. I have the first one (no logo) and then there was a run of ten after. Great pedal. I wanted this one done because the Guyatone, while a great reverb, is better suited for sitting on or in an amp as opposed to a pedalboard where my big feet would never hit it correctly. That is awesome - The Mighty Boosh is demented and brilliant.
serial Posted September 22, 2016 Posted September 22, 2016 Just you wait for my sequel, Fuzzy Little Man-Peach!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.