Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Newbie Wants Hamer USA Standard Custom


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone! I'm new here and am looking at purchasing a Hamer USA Standard Custom guitar. Does anyone here have one, & what can you tell me about it? Thanks!!!

Posted
They are terrible guitars.  Stay clear.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, worst model ever.

In all seriousness, you're in the right place to find everything. Suffice to say, the Standard Customs are truly bad ass in looks and tone. There are quite a few dealers here on the board who will be more than happy to help you get one I'm sure.

Posted

Lots of killer examples owned by members here. I've played a dozen or more of the new ones and they are extremely nice. Having owned a dozen or more of the original four digits over the years, the new ones are much more consistently made to a very high level.

Posted

There are absolutely no music stores in my area that stock them, so I've never played one. I've just started researching the Hamers, the Dean USA Time capsule Z, or the Gibson Explorers. Have any of you played any of the others?

Posted

I've played them all. The Gibsons aren't even close, and that is not just a quality statement, nor is it a Gibson bashing - they just do not compare well at all. That may be a design thing as well as the execution, but they feel cheap to me.

The Deans (USAs) are really nice and much closer to the Hamer (USA) Standards. Even without a personal bias, I'd take the Hamer over the others any day. The Deans are well-made, but feel a bit "stiff" to me. Again, I think the quality is pretty much there, but I personally think the Hamers are better made and your overall best bet.

Posted

Mine's not a Custom, just a regular one-piece Mahogany Standard. I dig the snot out of it and I'm not even much of a 'pointy guitar' guy.

There's a number of dealers who frequent the board regularly who can hook you up.

Edited to add: a Standard Custom is on my 'short list' and I'd have no hesitation about buying one from any of the dealers here sight-unseen. OK, maybe with lots of pictures first. I already know the quality will be there.

Posted

Would there be a way for me to contact Hamer and see where the closest dealer that has one in stock is? I'm really leaning toward the Hamer, but I hate to spend that kind of cash without playing one. The only one that I can play locally is the Gibson, but I hate to buy the Explorer without looking at the others.

Posted

Well if you're looking to save some cash, this one's for sale. I can post more pictures when I get home.

Standard1.jpg

Posted

Here is a bad picture of my 80's model with a '96 Studio Custom.

I love the sound my Standard Custom gets. It got a perfect neck and while heavy it balances nicely. The only drawback is that Ima 40 year old Geezer and it seems a bit odd for me to sling this metal-god guitar on my pudgy bod. :rolleyes:

sorry for the bad picture...old guys shake too!

twins.jpg

Posted

Not trying to muscle in on mrgadget's action, but I'm looking to buy a Standard reaaallly soon, also.

Please send any for sale descriptions/pics to lockbody@bellsouth.net

Prefs:

I kinda like smallish necks so those are no big deal for me.

Prolly go for a custom, but like the Standard mahogany, too. I have one too many babies (1) for korina. :rolleyes:

thanks.

Posted

100_0181.jpg

steve, is THAT AMP what you were hinting at in your last email ?!?

holy hearing aids!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Posted

I have a '97 bound & crowned, with gold hardware that I will part with very reasonably (under 1K, shipped). Current store retail value (used) is $1,200. Finish is '59 burst, 9.9 condition (no scratches, no dents, no buckle rash, no Hameritus, gold hardware is like new, no finish checking,) w/ orig. hardshell case. I will try to attach a pic. Contact me at croeder@delbarproducts.com if interested, thanks.

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/memberpages/gu...0Std.Custom.jpg

Posted

Yeah Brooks. But I sent pics with my e-mail. I guess they didn't come through. Its a 50 watt so its very manageable, especially with a hot plate. Nice photo backdrop.

Posted
I have a '97 bound & crowned, with gold hardware that I will part with very reasonably (under 1K, shipped). Current store retail value (used) is $1,200. Finish is '59 burst, 9.9 condition (no scratches, no dents, no buckle rash, no Hameritus, gold hardware is like new, no finish checking,) w/ orig. hardshell case. I will try to attach a pic. Contact me at croeder@delbarproducts.com if interested, thanks.

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/memberpages/gu...0Std.Custom.jpg

THAT is a smokin' price!

Someone ought to get on it!

Posted
Not a Standard Custom, just a customized Standard. I just thought I'd post it to say I love my Hamer. Thanks for the ideas Gene.

100_0181.jpg

pheonix:

OH MY GOD. :rolleyes:

Posted

$1200 for that Standard Custom is low IMHO! Great price, nice looking guitar.

Posted
Well if you're looking to save some cash, this one's for sale. I can post more pictures when I get home.

Standard1.jpg

Hey cajunboy, I take it you live in Louisiana, or did at one time. What part of Louisiana are you from? Oh, I sent you an email.

Posted
I have a '97 bound & crowned, with gold hardware that I will part with very reasonably (under 1K, shipped). Current store retail value (used) is $1,200. Finish is '59 burst, 9.9 condition (no scratches, no dents, no buckle rash, no Hameritus, gold hardware is like new, no finish checking,) w/ orig. hardshell case. I will try to attach a pic. Contact me at croeder@delbarproducts.com if interested, thanks.

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/memberpages/gu...0Std.Custom.jpg

Sent you a PM.

Guest galejt
Posted

Standard1.jpg

Why...that ...looks....like....

Is it?

Posted
Why...that ...looks....like....

Is it?

Yea, it is.

Quite a fine instrument.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...