Boomerang~Junkie Posted July 10, 2020 Posted July 10, 2020 This was always one of those "last in line to go" guitars - a "keeper", but life changes things for you. I bought this brand new from Willcutt's. These are as rare or maybe more so than Improvs - only a few dozen were made. Being that its still in like new condition, its the closest your going to get to buying a new one. Badass as Hamer has ever made with no issues - factory HSC is mint as well. The new owner will love this guitar. I'll post photos tomorrow. $3500 shipped in CONUS. Sorry - no trades. Paypal (GFF), check or wire transfer.
BubbaVO Posted July 10, 2020 Posted July 10, 2020 Damn. No trades. I would have have traded my Ultimate #40 for it. But GLWTS regardless. Someone will be very happy.
Eli Posted July 10, 2020 Posted July 10, 2020 16 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said: This was always one of those "last in line to go" guitars - a "keeper", but life changes things for you. I bought this brand new from Willcutt's. These are as rare or maybe more so than Improvs - only a few dozen were made. Being that its still in like new condition, its the closest your going to get to buying a new one. Badass as Hamer has ever made with no issues - factory HSC is mint as well. The new owner will love this guitar. I'll post photos tomorrow. $3500 shipped in CONUS. Sorry - no trades. Check or wire transfer. It's been 16 hours! Where are those pics!?!? 😁
cmatthes Posted July 10, 2020 Posted July 10, 2020 Top notch seller here, folks! He gets the GOOD stuff! 🤘
Boomerang~Junkie Posted July 11, 2020 Author Posted July 11, 2020 My apologies for the late photos and their goofy orientation - it inserts them randomly clocked the wrong direction?!? I looked this over again and its mint - period. Typical HFC Hamer pricing XXXX ADD one zero!
killerteddybear Posted July 11, 2020 Posted July 11, 2020 48 minutes ago, Boomerang~Junkie said: Typical HFC Hamer pricing PLUS one zero! You do know that x + 0 = x. So, $350? That is a beautiful guitar!
Boomerang~Junkie Posted July 11, 2020 Author Posted July 11, 2020 KTB, Ha! That's hilarious - Great catch! Corrrected. Thank you. Someone is going to LOVE this guitar - it will be tough when it leaves the house.
donner Posted July 11, 2020 Posted July 11, 2020 BJ, do us a favour and swap that 1st „O“ in yer headline 😉
ArnieZ Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 Love the look and concept of the Talladega Pro! Sadly did not love the neck on my Talladega enough to take a chance on a Pro arniez
Travis Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 12 hours ago, ArnieZ said: Love the look and concept of the Talladega Pro! Sadly did not love the neck on my Talladega enough to take a chance on a Pro arniez See, my Talladega is probably my favorite neck ever. I’ve not taken the chance on the pro because I’ve heard it’s a bit smoother of a v contour. That being said... this one is tempting...
django49 Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 1 hour ago, Travis said: See, my Talladega is probably my favorite neck ever. I’ve not taken the chance on the pro because I’ve heard it’s a bit smoother of a v contour. That being said... this one is dealt tempting... FWIW, I am still of the opinion that the Talladega Pro might have been the best Hamer model ever. Unfortunately, it came out so late in the game, that the company was already circling the drain and it never got out there in sufficient quantities to break through. The current market equivalent (arguably) from either a Huber Dolphin or Dantzig whatever it is called would be priced way higher than $3500. Highly recommended!
cmatthes Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 3 hours ago, ArnieZ said: Love the look and concept of the Talladega Pro! Sadly did not love the neck on my Talladega enough to take a chance on a Pro arniez Arnie: Definitely a different neck carve - the Talladega was more of a pronounced "V", but the Pro was more of a rounded profile.
Sparky Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 I wish I had seen this earlier. There would have been time to buy a lottery ticket! Stunning instrument.
ArnieZ Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 8 hours ago, cmatthes said: Arnie: Definitely a different neck carve - the Talladega was more of a pronounced "V", but the Pro was more of a rounded profile. I was aware the carve was different but never had my hands on one. Lesson learned from previous mistakes😀 arniez
donner Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 For the records. I packed out my tools to show the neck carve of my Talladega Pro on 1st fret in inches and mm.
donner Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 For second records: Talladega Pro neck carve on 12th fret in inches and mm
Jakeboy Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 Beautiful guitar! Did most people prefer the buckers over the single coils in the regular Tally?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.