Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Standard #0134 on Reverb - Expensive, I think!

I love how the listing shows "all original" then proceeds to tell you about all the changes made (tuners, pots, control cover, and added strap button).  It also looks like the nut was replaced too as I haven't seen any early Hamers with black nuts, but I could be wrong.  It is a cool guitar for sure, and vintage Hamers seem to be sky-rocketing in price over the last year or so.  Seems pretty overpriced to me but with clean Sunbursts now fetching $3-4K or more nothing would shock me these days.  YMMV...

2 hours ago, GuitarGuy65 said:

I love how the listing shows "all original" then proceeds to tell you about all the changes made (tuners, pots, control cover, and added strap button).  It also looks like the nut was replaced too as I haven't seen any early Hamers with black nuts, but I could be wrong.  It is a cool guitar for sure, and vintage Hamers seem to be sky-rocketing in price over the last year or so.  Seems pretty overpriced to me but with clean Sunbursts now fetching $3-4K or more nothing would shock me these days.  YMMV...

$16,500 + Shipping
Sure, asking is not getting, but please explain to me, how does someone even have the balls to ask this much?  Just a few years ago, everybody would have assumed that the seller had made a typo and included an extra zero at the end.

2 hours ago, GuitarGuy65 said:

I was going to say the same thing. Just leave off the, "all original" line and be done with it.

Wasn't @Stonge who recently mentioned you see these pop up now and again?    #0049,  #0125 and now #0134 in less than 6 months, not to mention a couple of more out of the West Coast.

There is some interesting information on the Hamer USA Facebook Page regarding #0134.  Pretty sure I saw this one personally a long time ago.   

Love Willie's American!  Used to be one of the stores on my hit list when I was in the Twin Cities.  The staff (at that time) knew the Hamer USA line very, very well.  I have missed a couple of opportunities to purchase some great USA Hamers from Willie's as well as Makin' Music in Chicago. 

It will be interesting to watch this one but this Standard hasn't stayed long in anyone's stable but at that asking price, it just might.

Hamerica

1 hour ago, Hamerica said:

It will be interesting to watch this one but this Standard hasn't stayed long in anyone's stable but at that asking price, it just might.

Hamerica

That's what we call "A Keeper"!

Archived