Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I went to RS Guitarworks this morning and came back with the Night Train. The amp and cab are in great shape and sounded good in the shop. Will get loud. Both the head and cabinet seem heavy for their size, not a complaint. At home, found a sticker on the bottom where it had been in the shop, called them and while they don't remember what was done in 2019, the code indicated the basic bench fee - not much was done. Speaker is a Greenback with Vox on the sticker. Tubes are Chinese, might be original, I'll play them for awhile. I'll also try my 2x12 cab but digging how small the rig is with the Box 1x12. Looks like it would be a 1x10.
  3. Beautiful!
  4. Today
  5. Agreed. I'd leave it as-is, or, if you need a pickup, go with one of those neck-mounted humbuckers like the old Gibson Johnny Smith: $40 at Guitarfetish: GOLD GFS Thin Jazz Alnico Neck pickup- Vintage Archtop Picku ($33 in chrome).
  6. A custom pickup maker could likely make something thin enough to mount on a pickguard. Or you could search for parts on eBay and Reverb if you are patient. Here is one: https://ebay.io/m/PAdHda And another: https://reverb.com/item/72475469-framus-pickguard-silver And one more: https://reverb.com/item/72520438-framus-pickup-assembly-circa-1960-silver
  7. We talkin monster GREEN 🔥 FLAME!
  8. I like it so much better without the electronics and pickguard.
  9. My bad. It is Lorento, and yes, that was before he became Bill Lawrence. Question now: Where to get the electronic? And the neck (glued) needs to be reglued too.. 🥴
  10. So, let me get this right: a guy with just arms, legs and a head built a guitar? 🤷‍♂️🤪🤣
  11. Love the green. Road case, too. 12 lbs. 14 oz. - That's heavy, but not ridiculously so for what it is.
  12. That been for sale off and on for years. I was on display at Flynn Guitars in Chicago for a long time.
  13. I don't know if this is a one-off or if they also made others but, at any rate, I suspect it's a pretty rare beast. Beautiful guitar. https://musicgalleryinc.com/collections/used/products/copy-of-used-hamer-rick-nielsen-signature-in-natural-950136036 No affiliation.
  14. Dude! Amazing memory! From the Vintage Guitar Bill Lawrence obituary: That's nothing short of amazing!
  15. Wasn’t, “Lorento”, Bill Lawrence’s stage name in Europe?
  16. A quick Google search leads me to believe that to be the case: Also found under Billy Lorento:
  17. Nice playing fellas
  18. Davy Knowles, he comes from the Isle of Man, and his first band was called “Back Door Slam. I cannot remember who I saw them warm up for at the SFFillmore circa 2003/4.but he was pretty good then, too. Go uncle Greg.👍
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...