Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today
  2. @diablo175 will she have un mongoose?
  3. Thanks for this, @Saul Goodman. I visited Stevens' site. He's a persnickety craftsman.
  4. Didn't know Slash was into horror and didn't know he was a film producer. Think I'll check out the flick too.
      • 2
      • Like
  5. That sounds like an 80's punk band name.
  6. In 1992 I ordered a customized Chapparal 5 bass from Hamer: Fretless, with no fingerboard markers or lines, and with a "normal" headstock, not the inverted (pegs down) configuration that was standard on that product line. I ordered it through Make'n Music when they were on the north side of Chicago. (They are in the northern suburbs now, but I haven't been there since they moved.) After a wait (months, if I recall), I went to the store to pick it up. When the salesman proudly unveiled my new baby, it was just as I expected… but with frets! 😮 So I waited again and eventually received the instrument I wanted. I've often wondered who ended up with the fretted twin. The headstock configuration and lack of marker dots on the fretboard would help distinguish it from a standard bass of that model with the same color and wood choices. I know it's a long shot, but have any of you ever encountered the twin in the wild? The one I kept is still the main instrument I play every day. This is it today, serial number 230012:
  7. I've heard of the guy before but never dealt with him, he is/was one of the few people I know of who makes/used to make a repro of the Gibson P-13 single coil 'speed bump' pickup, which were found on lots of vintage Harmony/Silvertone-branded lap steels and some vintage Harmony archtops and semi-solidbody guitars, and were originally on those guitars from the late '30s/early 40's well into the late '50s. Curtis Novak also makes P-13 repro pickups, too. Neither one is inexpensive IIRC, last time I checked. His company's 'SD' moniker is, needless to say, easily confused with Seymour Duncan pickups, and apparently unrelated to those. Home: SD Pickups, Custom-Made Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design
  8. Oh I know, I just wanted to use "paranoid Homo" in a sentence 🤣
  9. Agree with @cmatthes on the Quilter. Sounds GREAT!
  10. I wasn't throwin' shade achew, Cis Ge! 😇
  11. A beauty! Congrats.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Last update before the (not-so) big reveal. The body was finished in late August but the neck had to be re-cleared in September because of a botched logo decal placement. Yeah, I debated whether to put the Charvel logo on there but well, it has a gen-u-ine Charvel body and IMO, channels Charvel. It arrives Thursday, when it will be assembled and loaded with electronics and hardware. Hoping this one has the mojo.
  14. I got this guitar. There is an old post on HFC and on Gear Page referencing it being sold at an LA-area guitar center. This is from 2020 on TGP "That pink Hamer of hers popped in Guitar Centers used inventory in LA about ten years ago for like $900. I nearly broke the phone trying to call but missed it." This is from @polara on here in 2014: "That Junior was in a west coast Guitar Center a few years back. I saw the ad and freaked - it was like $500 - but when I called someone had snagged it." AND your memory is backed up here @GC Ron "And if iirc it was listed as a Kramer. That's how I missed it." It is also listed as being sold at a charity auction in 2006. https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/auction-hamer-guitar-custom-built-for-shakira-877600? (no winning bid posted that I can see) I didn't get any additional info from the seller. I should probably ask.
  15. That’s crazy. When I worked at GC, they had fifteen stores nation wide.
  16. I've been following him for years. Incredible work, craftsmanship. Inspirational. David has been posting this build now for a bit. Fun watch.
  17. Never said you did... quit being a paranoid Homo! 🤣
  18. Gabe talks a good game, but as always, it's let's go back to what worked before we screwed the pooch. This is like the fifth round trip back to the future. A year after getting rid of a whole lot of us vets he realizes, whoops we did it again.
  19. My memory is fuzzy, wasn't this sold by GC a few years back and it was listed under another brand name and a great price?
  20. I wasn't making a fun post or making fun of him. His YouTube channel is, "SDPickups." He's old, I don't know how old Seymour D is now. I looked it up and thought Seymour looks like shit for 75. I watched it twice and couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I read the comments, also confusing because of two different names being used. During the second pass I wondered if it was someone working for Seymour. I did finally find his website which has multiple broken links and then I realized it's not Seymour Duncan Pickups. And, now it makes sense because I watched several videos about a month ago where the guy spoke very slowly, in depth, never showing himself, about the ABR 1 bridge. Each video was around 30 minutes long, going in depth about the metals and dimensions in the original ABR 1. I almost posted those videos but then decided you guys would think I've fallen out of my wheelchair being that interested in a bridge. He had some good points. Now I've learned he's one of 4 people who are in the business to sell this bridge. And it's hundreds of dollars. So no, I wasn't making a joke about this poor old guy. Well, except for the IBS edit. I honestly thought it may be Seymour at SDpickups.
  21. The GC is going to be on the top floor of the old Lord & Taylor bld between High Ridge and Long ridge. Its great hearing that there are board members around. Ill try to hit a Norwalk gig soon
  22. His name is Dave Stevens, I kind of feel sorry for him, he's just an old dude trying to drudge through life... 🤷‍♂️ How to Contact Dave Stephens: SD Pickups, Custom Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design https://share.google/61eqtq5bpA4F46IWF
  23. Simplifier is sold.
  24. I thought when you were off the spectrum spectrum it was called "colorblindness".
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...