All Activity
- Past hour
-
Nominated for "Understatement Of The Year."
-
FS: 2006 HAMER Standard
crunchee replied to Mike Brooks's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
IIRC, from my own observations and owner history, the 'USA' font changed sometime in 1996. I'm pretty sure that both USA fonts were in use in 1996, it probably wouldn't be difficult to go on a photo search to try to narrow down when exactly it happened, just time consuming and I was never that motivated to do it. Besides, this would have applied to practically any Hamer headstock with a black background (Standards, Specials, Eclipses, and so on), and there probably isn't any guarantee that this all occurred for all models at the same time. - Today
-
I realized I had that particular problem between the first and second sets just this past Saturday. Strap length matters!
-
Quiet Riot has a new singer
Saul Goodman replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I heard, never verified since it was pre-internet, that the band left DuBrow sitting at a bar as they left in the corporate van without him. That's how he found out he was out of the band. Any truth to that? -
Quiet Riot has a new singer
scottcald replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
And still has great hair. Guess he didn't realize that he didn't have to do the cocaine that DuBrow did? Don't remember who it was. -
FS: 2006 HAMER Standard
Dave Scepter replied to Mike Brooks's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Congratulations 🎊... makes sense and a bargain considering he's selling off a lot of his gear... 👍 -
Quiet Riot has a new singer
tbonesullivan replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I need to watch that. The closest thing I have seen to a QR doc is the Randy Rhoads doc, which pretty much covers all of Quiet Riot until Rhoads joined up with Ozzy. Even from that you can gather that Kevin DuBrow was a freakin self-obsessed #*$(#)*$. Hopefully this new guy works out. Worked well for Journey! -
re Quiet Riot, this is still the best 'mash up' I've ever seen
-
This the new product from @901gtr. It's a soft-mute pedal. URL: https://901sound.de/uncategorized/das-tacet-ist-da/?mc_cid=e068591d5a&mc_eid=c0ec071f8b
- 6 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- guitarsummit
- 2026
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Those fees are keeping me from considering that tractor...
-
I was gonna just say make sure your zipper is closed. as i get older the open barn door happens more often. So be careful!!! and glad it went well.
-
Hope this new singer likes playing at ribfests.
-
FS: 2006 HAMER Standard
Mike Brooks replied to Mike Brooks's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
SOLD !! -
I was seriously considering the four-digit Cruisebass that was in Dusty Hill's estate auction as it was reasonably priced - until I started adding in the buyer's premium and the incredible shipping charges. I quickly realized these weren't venues for me to actually consider.
-
I don't know about the origins of the practice, but as someone who recently experienced the seller side of a property auction, it was good to know at every moment the number that was being bandied about was the amount that would come to the seller. As a buyer, you certainly have to know your all-in price. But if as a seller I get to set some terms, one of them that I appreciated was hearing the amount that would come to me as the auction progressed. It didn't happen in my case, and that was my only experience, but certainly there are occasions when auctions get halted if the bids are unacceptably low. Just speculating, but maybe auctions are instances of transactions where the sellers are largely not engaged in commerce, and therefore not used to accounting for all of the costs of selling, and would find it confusing to have to do arithmetic in the fast-paced auction? These practices were firmly in place long before the advent of handheld supercomputers in everyone's pocket.
-
Pick of the Rick Nielsen auction
tbonesullivan replied to bodp471's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I have never understood the point of the "buyer's premium". Does not having it as part of the hammer price actually make them more money? -
Joe B. has at least one Hamer Standard.