Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I made sure my Cali Tweed is pre Gibson. It's only by days, but pre Gibson. The dealer I got it from has real disdain that they fired Randy. I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if he's seen this propaganda. Mouse piss! Indeed.
  3. Speaking of which... Dumble is back? Apparently they are going to start making clones of certain famous Dumble amps under the Dumble name? They better not think they are gonna get 30K an amp if it isn't made by the man himself.
  4. Today
  5. He will play them on one part of a tour, sell a few then go back and say nothing sounds the wall of Dumbles, the air moving... blah blah.
  6. …and cannot wait to see the finished product…
  7. Not to derail, but was EVH not using PAFs by the 4th album ( Shark with Super 58s excepted) ?
  8. Precursor of early metal? Often cited as such.
  9. I'd use the word "harbinger", you know, to sound all fancy 'n' shit.
  10. This may be a long shot but I'm looking for an early 90's set of SD P-90's. Specifically a 3B and/or a 2N. Ideally they would be "MJ" pickups so 3BJ 2NJ label on the back of the pickup. I recently purchased a 95 custom shop Tele JR that no longer had the original pickups. The rest of it was great and am looking to get the proper year pickup in there. My understanding is Hamer Specials had these same pickups in the 90's. I was hoping to find if anyone here has replaced theirs and would be open to selling them. Much appreciated.
  11. Forgot about these ... you'll get the similar effect in a T ...
  12. She will not. It IS a Gravelin but it's his Fair Warning-era, EVH-esque offering he designated JV-C2. I have one in my Spitfire2.
  13. Got the Studio Custom out the past two weekends and played it the last set of the night (still playing the Tele). Have to mention RS Guitarworks again, the setup they did is great. I find the Tele is more versatile for the songs we do but the tones on some songs with the Hamer are great, like Rockin’ Into The Night.
  14. I would have liked to hear more than the bridge pickup. and more than one song... maybe
  15. When I clicked on this topic, I thought that was Grover Jackson's older brother or something.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Wish I could say I have seen them but no I haven't. But what a great story, I bought an Impact around that same time and made payments!, so I had to wait until it was paid for, but fortunately for me I received exactly what I expected. To this day it is the only bass I have ever needed. Also, that is freaking beautiful bass!!
  18. @diablo175 will she have un mongoose?
  19. Thanks for this, @Saul Goodman. I visited Stevens' site. He's a persnickety craftsman.
  20. Didn't know Slash was into horror and didn't know he was a film producer. Think I'll check out the flick too.
      • 2
      • Like
  21. That sounds like an 80's punk band name.
  22. In 1992 I ordered a customized Chapparal 5 bass from Hamer: Fretless, with no fingerboard markers or lines, and with a "normal" headstock, not the inverted (pegs down) configuration that was standard on that product line. I ordered it through Make'n Music when they were on the north side of Chicago. (They are in the northern suburbs now, but I haven't been there since they moved.) After a wait (months, if I recall), I went to the store to pick it up. When the salesman proudly unveiled my new baby, it was just as I expected… but with frets! 😮 So I waited again and eventually received the instrument I wanted. I've often wondered who ended up with the fretted twin. The headstock configuration and lack of marker dots on the fretboard would help distinguish it from a standard bass of that model with the same color and wood choices. I know it's a long shot, but have any of you ever encountered the twin in the wild? The one I kept is still the main instrument I play every day. This is it today, serial number 230012:
  23. I've heard of the guy before but never dealt with him, he is/was one of the few people I know of who makes/used to make a repro of the Gibson P-13 single coil 'speed bump' pickup, which were found on lots of vintage Harmony/Silvertone-branded lap steels and some vintage Harmony archtops and semi-solidbody guitars, and were originally on those guitars from the late '30s/early 40's well into the late '50s. Curtis Novak also makes P-13 repro pickups, too. Neither one is inexpensive IIRC, last time I checked. His company's 'SD' moniker is, needless to say, easily confused with Seymour Duncan pickups, and apparently unrelated to those. Home: SD Pickups, Custom-Made Hand-Wound Pickups by Dave Stephens, Stephens Design
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...