Stike Posted August 8, 2025 Posted August 8, 2025 I honestly can't remember my last "new" guitar as most everything I have is some kind of mutt or project but after many years I finally pulled a guitar out of a shipping box that I didn't have to take apart and refinish. I've been very familiar with Sully Guitars for at least a decade now but never actually played one. The gamble paid off as I really like it. Anywho how about some pics? I had these silly knobs custom engraved... Sully ran with the basic white lady, Hobby Lobby decor schtick. I did not know he was going to do it but I laughed really hard. The model is called the Raven but with all this nonsense I'm spelling it "Reighvynn". And just to balance it out...
Travis Posted August 8, 2025 Posted August 8, 2025 19 minutes ago, Stike said: I honestly can't remember my last "new" guitar as most everything I have is some kind of mutt or project but after many years I finally pulled a guitar out of a shipping box that I didn't have to take apart and refinish. I've been very familiar with Sully Guitars for at least a decade now but never actually played one. The gamble paid off as I really like it. Anywho how about some pics? I had these silly knobs custom engraved... Sully ran with the basic white lady, Hobby Lobby decor schtick. I did not know he was going to do it but I laughed really hard. The model is called the Raven but with all this nonsense I'm spelling it "Reighvynn". And just to balance it out... LOVE it!!! Congrats on the new guitar. I’ve perused their site a few times. Really like their designs. Full tone report when you’ve put it through its paces.
cmatthes Posted August 8, 2025 Posted August 8, 2025 Badassed!! I might order one in blue paisley... 😉
Jack C Posted August 9, 2025 Posted August 9, 2025 I liked it until I saw the pickup selector. Now I love it. Badass!
tbonesullivan Posted August 9, 2025 Posted August 9, 2025 50 minutes ago, Jack C said: I liked it until I saw the pickup selector. Now I love it. Badass! I'm sure I'm not the only one who quickly looked to see if I could buy one somewhere. Google showed this:
Stike Posted August 9, 2025 Author Posted August 9, 2025 50 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said: I'm sure I'm not the only one who quickly looked to see if I could buy one somewhere. Google showed this: That one was completely custom and the guy I had make them has dropped off the face of the earth sadly.
Disturber Posted August 9, 2025 Posted August 9, 2025 Looks great. It only needs a Floyd. Oh, it had one.....
hamerhead Posted August 9, 2025 Posted August 9, 2025 It's been a loooong time since I laughed at a guitar in a good way. That fawker RAWKS!
Stike Posted August 9, 2025 Author Posted August 9, 2025 20 hours ago, Travis said: LOVE it!!! Congrats on the new guitar. I’ve perused their site a few times. Really like their designs. Full tone report when you’ve put it through its paces. You don't want a tone report from me, it'll sound like a kid that didn't read the book trying to bullshit their way through a book report in front of the class. 😄
Travis Posted August 9, 2025 Posted August 9, 2025 2 hours ago, Stike said: You don't want a tone report from me, it'll sound like a kid that didn't read the book trying to bullshit their way through a book report in front of the class. 😄 So…. “Sounds great. Feels great. You should get one” noted….
Stike Posted August 10, 2025 Author Posted August 10, 2025 3 hours ago, Travis said: So…. “Sounds great. Feels great. You should get one” noted…. That's pretty much the gist.of it. 😄
Bennyboy-UK Posted August 21, 2025 Posted August 21, 2025 This is is singularly, and conspicuously one of the very best things I have EVER seen!!
diablo175 Posted August 21, 2025 Posted August 21, 2025 Reverse head stock- check. Floyd Rose- check. Super badass poker chip toggle skirt- check. 24 frets- uh, 24 frets? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? Phew- that is one spec shy of me being REALLY insanely envious. Congrats Stike! Man, you don't f- around when you do a NGD.
Stike Posted August 22, 2025 Author Posted August 22, 2025 22 hours ago, diablo175 said: Reverse head stock- check. Floyd Rose- check. Super badass poker chip toggle skirt- check. 24 frets- uh, 24 frets? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? Phew- that is one spec shy of me being REALLY insanely envious. Congrats Stike! Man, you don't f- around when you do a NGD. Just because it's not a stock option (and I don't need 'em) doesn't mean Sully wouldn't build something with 24 frets, deposits make things happen. 😉
diablo175 Posted August 22, 2025 Posted August 22, 2025 1 hour ago, Stike said: Just because it's not a stock option (and I don't need 'em) doesn't mean Sully wouldn't build something with 24 frets, deposits make things happen. 😉 Just having a little fun rehashing the tired and true Diablo/HFC joke re: must-haves. I need another new ax (even one as purty as that) like I need a cavity search by a large-handed, sadistic TSA employee. 😬
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.