slug Posted May 19, 2013 Posted May 19, 2013 Hey kiddies....Wanting this fiddle to go to a home where someone truly loves her. I may be wrong but I think this is an '89. It's a very nice Californian with the all maple body. It's amber. Ebony board with dots instead of boomers. I've had this guitar for about 15 years. Fell in love with her the minute I saw her and bought her right then. You all know what these guitars are; I don't need to go into too much detail. Some play wear but nothing major. Tone Zone in the bridge and Hot Rails in the neck. Had an EVO in the bridge when I bought it and if the buyer wants I should be able to throw it in the case if I can find it. Currently has the trem blocked with a D-Tuna installed. Serial number is 922570. I absolutely love this guitar but it's time to thin the heard. I also have an old block-letter 5150 amp with adjustable bias for sale (I'll take $700) and the matching slant cabinet with it ($400). I know Ibanez is probably a dirty word here but I also have an RG770DX reissue Jap model for sale that's in brand new shape. I'd take $750 for it with the Prestige case.Okay, so what's this Cali worth? Rumor mill is telling me up to $2k but I really don't know for sure. I'm hoping I can find a good buyer and a fair price here. I'm thinkin' I'll start at $1800.......?? Don't beat me up people, I'm a newb.Thanks all and feel free to shoot me an e-mail.mgI'm having trouble uploading pics as they're too big but if ya gimme a holler I'll shoot some photos back at ya.
coolfeel Posted May 19, 2013 Posted May 19, 2013 I will offer you the HFC approved price of tree fitty Let's gets some pics posted of that Cali... shoot me a link in a PM here and I will see if I can post them for you. You need to have photobucket or the like to post pics...
diablo175 Posted May 19, 2013 Posted May 19, 2013 Hmm. Me and solid maples don't get along too well. Had one just like it. Gonna have to hope someone on here gets it!
murkat Posted May 19, 2013 Posted May 19, 2013 Man, you're super quick. Thanks for the help! mg your dealing with HFC. we don't fuck around
BlueRedWhite Posted May 20, 2013 Posted May 20, 2013 Man, you're super quick. Thanks for the help! mg your dealing with HFC. we don't fuck around Oh murkat...you're great...i hope you don't mind, but that's a great phrase (take a look at my sig)
Jason01 Posted May 20, 2013 Posted May 20, 2013 Man, you're super quick. Thanks for the help! mg your dealing with HFC. we don't fuck around Wheres that pic of the rabbit with the pancake hat?
AusTexCap Posted May 20, 2013 Posted May 20, 2013 Very nice! Interesting that it doesn't have boomers.
singlehum Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Very nice! Interesting that it doesn't have boomers. I saw a solid flame Cali in trans red with dots (no boomers). I believe it was confirmed here that they do exist.
slug Posted May 23, 2013 Author Posted May 23, 2013 Okay everyone, being honest here. I'm feelin' like my $1800 estimate was a bit high so I'm comfy with breaking. No reasonable offers refused. Not freakin' out to sell but from all I've heard and seen, I think she's worth an even $1500. If I'm crazy let me know and make me a fair offer. Want a Hamer fan to have this guitar and don't wanna throw it out on Evilbay. I believe good comes back to us and there's gotta be someone here who wants this fiddle.mg
Jason01 Posted May 24, 2013 Posted May 24, 2013 Very nice! Interesting that it doesn't have boomers. I saw a solid flame Cali in trans red with dots (no boomers). I believe it was confirmed here that they do exist.Mines solid flame with offset dots, so yes, they do exist.
Bobby Marshall Posted May 24, 2013 Posted May 24, 2013 Hey kiddies.... That's ELO kiddies to this crowd . . . She looks like a Californian with Zandard clothing. Nice!! GLWTS. BTW - is she set neck or bolt? Need a few more pics on here so we can see her in all her Hamerocity.
slug Posted May 24, 2013 Author Posted May 24, 2013 Should have mentioned that she's a bolt-on. I'm sure you guys don't need to know this but the sound is really different on them. Bright and dark at the same time and the harmonics bleed off 'er. I'll try to add a couple more pics for ya.
cynic Posted May 25, 2013 Posted May 25, 2013 ...and when he says "try to add more pics" he means email them to me....I guess that's what I get for being so attentive the first time around.
cmatthes Posted May 25, 2013 Posted May 25, 2013 Damned shame that isn't a kick-assed piece of maple on there.Oh wait...!!!!!!!!
slug Posted May 25, 2013 Author Posted May 25, 2013 Cynic, I'm sorry I'm a 'puter moron. But thanks once again for helpin' me out. I probably should've mentioned it but the ol' girl will come with the OHSC. It's a little beat but still works just fine.So now that's that......just curious but are the Daytona's popular? I have a USA Daytona with the Seymour Duncan "Everything Axe" pickup set. I absolutely love it and personally feel it's a better built guitar than any Strat I've ever had my hands on, and I've owned several. I guess something about the Hamer's always felt right to me. The added bonus of owning a guitar that's USA made and NOT your usual Gibson or Fender nameplate feels pretty cool. Then again, maybe I'm just a complete tool.
cmatthes Posted May 25, 2013 Posted May 25, 2013 Welcome to the tool shed then. The Daytonas are among the best Strat-types out there ever. I may be mildly biased, because that's been my "go to" guitar for the last decade, but I've never heard anybody say anything bad about them (apart from some that are a tad weighty).
bubs_42 Posted May 25, 2013 Posted May 25, 2013 I have yet to own a Daytona that was a complete PIG. Just like the T51 i'll make room again one day for each of them.
Jason01 Posted May 26, 2013 Posted May 26, 2013 Welcome to the tool shed then. The Daytonas are among the best Strat-types out there ever. I may be mildly biased, because that's been my "go to" guitar for the last decade, but I've never heard anybody say anything bad about them (apart from some that are a tad weighty).Is it too late to rename the outer circle to the tool shed?
slug Posted June 15, 2013 Author Posted June 15, 2013 Okay all.....Ready to sell this ol' girl for real now. Gonna give 'er a week here at $1400 and if I get no takers I'm headin' to the Bay with 'er. Someone here should have this fiddle. She's a really good one.mg
Victor (Fret Friend) Posted June 15, 2013 Posted June 15, 2013 Lovely guitar dude & I'm a Cali man but I just aint got the bread...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.