Hamer Fan Club Message Center

BTMN

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just gorgeous Gene, I am sooo jealous! Still don't want that shape for me but the workmanship is so over the top great! I am imagining that same color with an ebony board.

I doubt anyone can enjoy that guitar more than you, Congratulations!

ArnieZ

shishstock28_zpsjfns3idg.jpg

Little surgery to TR28. I found the bridge pickup in it a lil to microphonic for my tastes and was able to get with Josh to put a replacement in that is wonderful. Josh is indeed the man. Customer satisfaction is his goal and I Like It!

Mick Donner from Guitar Repair of Tampa Bay put it in for me.He was most impressed with Mike's work especially the control cavity and it simplistic beauty and clean look.

(in my best Arnhold) Now We Rawk!!! B)

• 1 month later...

I got to hold #28.

The finish and detail is off the charts.

The top looks multi-level.

Straight Vertical grain under wavy horizontal grain under a reflective clear glass top.

• 3 weeks later...

When I first ordered TR28 I had in my mind that it would show up around my 55th birthday and the Red part really does fit in a "55" kind of way so I feel it is with that I say what a great 2015 Christmas present and 55th birthday gift to myself. I look at the subtle smile on HSB0531's face and I figure my smile must be at least three times as big every time I am playing this guitar. ^_^

162016a_zpsabdnbqao.jpg

Thanks again Mike for the great build lines, feel, and quality of this guitar that are about 5 levels above my playing grade.

5 hours ago, BTMN said:

When I first ordered TR28 I had in my mind that it would show up around my 55th birthday and the Red part really does fit in a "55" kind of way so I feel it is with that I say what a great 2015 Christmas present and 55th birthday gift to myself. I look at the subtle smile on HSB0531's face and I figure my smile must be at least three times as big every time I am playing this guitar. ^_^

162016a_zpsabdnbqao.jpg

Thanks again Mike for the great build lines, feel, and quality of this guitar that are about 5 levels above my playing grade.

My outer smile attempt belies my inner open mouthed YES!!! w/ arms in the air waving, jumping up and down, ecstatic with inner  WOOHOOO!!!  as I held that beauty.

Gene's hospitality and generosity that day was great.

It was a day overflowing with a bucket list I didn't realize I had, and can now be checked off.

On November 22, 2015 at 9:32 PM, BTMN said:

So I have played this guitar everyday for the past 10 days. How lucky am I? I am humbled that I was able to get a guitar with such coolness. New number 2 guitar in the house. #0189 is number one and my '04 Korina Vector that cost me less than a dollar is now #3. <_<:blink::huh:B)

shishstock27_zpsigfb91xa.jpg

That's one happy dude!  For a second I thought it was Ricky Medlocke. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2015 at 7:36 PM, BTMN said:

How about right now?

What's this? A White truck rumbles to a stop in the middle of a balmy Florida afternoon?

shishstock7_zpsedzsqoin.jpg

Can it be a much anticipated package from the North East? A work of art known to render grown men weak in earlier versions? Warning labels should be attached to warn the new owners of said art to brace one's self.

shishstock8_zpszmlpikar.jpg

A scaley case hiding an instrument of scales? Puzzling, pieces of green foam that hint of a popcorn scent but for sure not edible?

shishstock9_zpsi5ojmpjq.jpg

GRRRRRR!!!

shishstock10_zps6klibkm4.jpg

The opening was breathtaking....
shishstock11_zps1gzvfze0.jpg

shishstock13_zpspjjnwn03.jpg

shishstock12_zpsyixdmdhf.jpg

Outside backside...
shishstock14_zps8jjctvu9.jpg

Sepia Tone Love

shishstock23_zpshm5wfxmk.jpg

shishstock22_zpsve65gedx.jpg

What a day that was!!!! :wub:^_^B) Many Thanks AGAIN Mike!!!!!

Just finished playing this for about an hour. Sweet like a piece of Strawberry pie and just as Red too.

Life IS Good on your day off with chores done. :P

On 1/7/2016 at 3:30 PM, HSB0531 said:

I got to hold #28.

The finish and detail is off the charts.

The top looks multi-level.

Straight Vertical grain under wavy horizontal grain under a reflective clear glass top.

And Ricky Medlocke let me play it too!

Archived