serial Posted June 8, 2016 Posted June 8, 2016 I have a set of early production 1969 (sub-1000 serials on both) Dan Armstrong Lucite/Plexis-guitar and bass. Both in nice shape and play and sound great. The rare kicker is that both have their original cases, which sell by themselves for up to $500 if you can even find one. I have some of the original literature as well that I'd consider adding, depending on sale. These are fun guitars and nowhere near as heavy as the internet complainers will claim (most who have likely never seen one in person). Get your Keith Richards/Greg Ginn/Dave Grohl/etc on! Looking for $2500 for the guitar and $1400 for the bass or will sell the set at an HFC-approved discount. Cases included, shipping extra.
santellavision Posted June 9, 2016 Posted June 9, 2016 Which pickups do you have for the guitar? Thx!
serial Posted June 9, 2016 Author Posted June 9, 2016 42 minutes ago, santellavision said: Which pickups do you have for the guitar? Thx! Never got any of the extra pickups for the guitar, but I really liked the RT (Rock Treble) that is in there. I've played a couple that I wasn't as crazy about (Country Bass and I think a jazz thing). Both were muddy. This one rocks.
Disturber Posted June 9, 2016 Posted June 9, 2016 I'd definately become a full time bass player if I'd had one of those basses.
Citrus Posted June 9, 2016 Posted June 9, 2016 Always loved the look, never played one. What are the necks like?? Fender C?? Chunky?? Thanks
JohnnyThunders Posted June 9, 2016 Posted June 9, 2016 Had one back when I collected, the RT pickup was the best. I had a couple others that sucked as serial said. Was not that heavy, sounded great, big sustain, don't remember the neck. Sold it some guy in Paris, first overseas sale.
serial Posted June 9, 2016 Author Posted June 9, 2016 I'll double check when I can get over to check it out, but I remember it being on the chunky side. Nice Brazilian rosewood boards on both and none of the typical pickguard cracks at the jack either. Both are all original and the bass has an extra NOS rosewood bridge saddle in the case too.
Jakeboy Posted June 9, 2016 Posted June 9, 2016 Joe Perry always played slide on these BITD....Rick Richards too.....Greg Martin of the Kentucky Headhunters slides up a storm on his.... Most famously, this guitar is the sound of Get Yer Ya-Yas Out. GLWTS. I wish I could buy it.
cmatthes Posted June 10, 2016 Posted June 10, 2016 I recently traded my '69 Plexi Bass for a 3 Monkeys Grease Monkey head/cab. If that deal hadn't come up, I would have easily kept it. It was a LOT of fun - I put a set of Pyramid flatwounds on it and it sounded damned close to a Beatle Bass when I rolled down the tone a bit, gritty like a Rickenbacker with the treble full out. That short scale is great for a guitarist venturing into bass territory.
serial Posted June 10, 2016 Author Posted June 10, 2016 17 hours ago, Jakeboy said: Joe Perry always played slide on these BITD....Rick Richards too.....Greg Martin of the Kentucky Headhunters slides up a storm on his.... Most famously, this guitar is the sound of Get Yer Ya-Yas Out. GLWTS. I wish I could buy it. Here is a shot I took of Joe Perry's guitars backstage at a show from 2004 around when I got mine. These are damned cool.
serial Posted June 10, 2016 Author Posted June 10, 2016 Guitar has been sold-bass is still available and I can offer that at a great price for HFCers if interested.
dhuber Posted June 11, 2016 Posted June 11, 2016 I used to come to this website to look at all the Hamer's. I'll admit my love for Hamer's has been waning a bit, although I still own 5 Hamer's. The forum members here have unbelievable taste in guitars. It's amazing what pops up on this forum.
serial Posted June 12, 2016 Author Posted June 12, 2016 Bass is sold as well-thanks to everyone who replied!
Sugartune Posted June 13, 2016 Posted June 13, 2016 On 10/06/2016 at 1:22 PM, serial said: Here is a shot I took of Joe Perry's guitars backstage at a show from 2004 around when I got mine. These are damned cool. Cool! Nice Monaco III there too!
Jakeboy Posted June 14, 2016 Posted June 14, 2016 17 hours ago, Sugartune said: Cool! Nice Monaco III there too! I noticed that too......anyone know what songs he used that on? I do not remember that guitar....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.