Hfan Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 $700 maybe a find..USA Studio? https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/msg/d/hamer-guitar/6715392441.html
G Man Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 Looks like a FM Special to me, and as such, priced fairly.
tbonesullivan Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 Nice! Definitely worth it for someone looking to get into the Hamer family. If it really is MINT that's a great price.
DaveL Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 nice guitar... for a company that used to claim that they paid a premium to pick thru the wood and send the rest back, they certain have a lot of guitars in circulation with barely existent flame... I get it, specials were probably loss leaders to make the high end models look better but still, what would have been the cost to slightly better tops? just sayin.
DeVai Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 I am with you Dave. I have a less than desireable studio with a flawed top. The seller kind of hid it in his pictures. The rest of my collection is good though.I recently looked at a studio custom that had 3 knots in the top cap. I do see a lot of flame tops that also have vertical lines in the wood that don't appeal to me. I guess some people might like it ?
cynic Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 Looks to me like a case of a seller taking unflattering photos of a highly figured top.
Dutchman Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 Still a bagain at $700.00 I like workhorse guitars... less worry about drunks knocking them around. That includes drummers 🙄
tbonesullivan Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 There's always going to be some degree of wood grain in the top. Some like it, some hate it apparently. If you want perfect flame, with no mineral streaks, subdued grain, you've gotta go for West Coast Big Leaf Maple. The maple from Michigan/Indiana is what most companies were using. Looking at that top, I can see great flame. I just don't think it was photographed at the right angle to see it.
Jakeboy Posted October 10, 2018 Posted October 10, 2018 Looks like gorgeous fiddleback flame on my iPad. I wish I had a need.
Hbom Posted October 10, 2018 Posted October 10, 2018 /\ /\ /\ /\ You should buy it NOW! Then when you "need" it, you'll be all set.
cmatthes Posted October 11, 2018 Posted October 11, 2018 On 10/10/2018 at 11:06 AM, Jakeboy said: Looks like gorgeous fiddleback flame on my iPad. I wish I had a need. Exactly. There's a reason you don't shoot guitar photos at noon in direct sunlight...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.