Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Nice Tally on Ebay

The guitar pricing lately is all over the place, I understand the premium pricing when they are special order with premium specs, etc. but not for standard models. I would absolutely consider buying a standard Tally right now if there was one available at a reasonable price.

I'm pretty sure I sold that to the seller a year ago for a little over half of what it's listed at.  I'm guessing I had it listed on HFC for $1900 - $2000.  I really liked the DD pickups.   I'd definitely buy it back for what I sold it for.  The current seller is obviously a better photographer than me, hence the higher price.

Hamer Talladega 2008 Black Transparent | Darren's Shop | Reverb

DSC02877.JPG

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

some of the sellers other guitar listings are fairly priced

Accidentally looked at few of his auctions - that custom builder and luthier Eric Schulte is some fucking luthier 😆 I think Mike Shishkov can pickup a few tricks from him, unless it's patented

headstock.jpg.22642ce859f8e31bb1abc60aa1e12e2f.jpg

3 hours ago, JustKid said:

Accidentally looked at few of his auctions - that custom builder and luthier Eric Schulte is some fucking luthier 😆 I think Mike Shishkov can pickup a few tricks from him, unless it's patented

YIKES! The tuners AND serial number are crooked.

5 hours ago, topekatj said:

YIKES! The tuners AND serial number are crooked.

But that is not the Tally in the OP (which has a black backside of the neck and headstock).

Gabe 😀

Having a Tally and Tally Pro I will say I would take them over Les Pauls going for north of $3000. Above that point they have to be pretty special instruments.

There aren’t a lot of these out there and I think they’re among the nicest guitars Hamer ever created. Curious if it sells, but I’m thinking $2500 is about right for these.

The Talladega is the finest guitar I’ve ever played or owned. I was just noodling around with mine thru my Yamaha THR for about an hour while the wife and kid sleep. 

I’ve had several Hamers over the years but none as nice as my Tally. Now, the vast majority of my Hamers could be considered “working man’s” guitars: Artist Korina, Mahogany Standard, Special FM, my Mirages, etc...  I’ve never had a custom build, and only one bound and crowned model (my ‘78 Sunburst). 

All that being said... I absolutely LOVE the trans black on this Talladega. My dreams would have me with a trans black Tally with some of Josh’s humbuckers, a Tally Pro and an Earthen to go along with my Amber burst Tally. Who knows if that will ever happen. But, at the asking price for the guitar in the OP, I’m gonna have to say: probably not...

For that coin, I’ll have Mike build me some other stuff...

4 hours ago, jaded_musician said:

Having a Tally and Tally Pro I will say I would take them over Les Pauls going for north of $3000. Above that point they have to be pretty special instruments.

There aren’t a lot of these out there and I think they’re among the nicest guitars Hamer ever created. Curious if it sells, but I’m thinking $2500 is about right for these.

$2500 sounds about right, IF I was selling mine. But no plans for that.

18 hours ago, JustKid said:

Oh, it hurts to look at so much win.

7 hours ago, django49 said:

$2500 sounds about right, IF I was selling mine. But no plans for that.

Why on earth would you sell it. If you want my pair I’ll let them go for $10k.

Archived