Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FFS - PSA - Worst, Zero Effort Advert Ever - Steve Clark Hammer (sic) Phantom

No fucking affiliation.

No strings on the bloody thing. Shit Photos and, no apparent understanding of care that the name on the headstock is the same as the description or title.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/41251626-def-leppard-original-steve-clark-hammer-phantom 

My guess - owned by someone who has no interest in guitars or playing them - or anything to do with them.

Whatever.

PS. Fuck off.

• Bennyboy-UK changed the title to FFS - PSA - Worst, Zero Effort Advert Ever - Steve Clark Hammer (sic) Phantom

Typos herppenz. Not the ind of the wrild. 

No strings though?!? That’s a total dealbreaker for me. 

16 minutes ago, Sugartune said:

The seller is French. That explains the typos.
The price is another story.

21 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Could have copied the writing on the headstock though surely?!

Well sure.  But we've all seen enough "Hammers" for sale in this country alone to fill a hardware store chain.
The description is full of grammatical errors and typos as well.

1 hour ago, Sugartune said:

No strings though?!? That’s a total dealbreaker for me. 

That reminds me of the old Mandolin Bros. catalogs that the late Stan Jay used to write the descriptions for, occasionally he'd throw in 'not responsible for typografficle eros'. :rolleyes:

If somebody's buying the guitar as a 'collectible' and wants to spend stupid amounts of money, they're probably gonna have it as a wall hanger to drool over rather than to play anyway.  It is a great way to keep someone else from picking it up and playing it, though!  :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, crunchee said:

That reminds me of the old Mandolin Bros. catalogs that the late Stan Jay used to write the descriptions for, occasionally he'd throw in 'not responsible for typografficle eros'. :rolleyes:

If somebody's buying the guitar as a 'collectible' and wants to spend stupid amounts of money, they're probably gonna have it as a wall hanger to drool over rather than to play anyway.  It is a great way to keep someone else from picking it up and playing it, though!  :ph34r:

I think it was the band Pavement (or their label Matador) that had in their legal copy on albums “All rights reserved. All wrongs reversed.”

3 hours ago, Sugartune said:

I think it was the band Pavement (or their label Matador) that had in their legal copy on albums “All rights reserved. All wrongs reversed.”

Now there's a reference we don't see enough of around here. 🤘😎

The sustain block trem is not a deal breaker for me. But the paddle headstock sure is…

6-in-line was the best thing Hamer ever did to the Phantom…

20 hours ago, kizanski said:

The seller is French. That explains the price .
The typos are another story.

Never haggle with the frogs.

19 hours ago, Sugartune said:

Had the sex pistols bootleg that was produced by Chris Spedding. Had that same saying.

18 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

I recall that back in the early days of eBay, there were guys on this board that scored big by searching for "Hammer Guitar", and they stole bigtime on some ig'nant lazy fool that didn't know what they actually had, and what it's auction price would have gone to if they had listed the description correctly.

Yeah, those were the days.   

Archived