Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Peter Frampton 😪

Dave Scepter

• Dave Scepter changed the title to Peter Frampton 😪

Saw him in 2016 and he just killed it. Still had the golden voice, the stage energy, and all the licks and fretboard dexterity. Until 2019, he had aged far, far better than most of his 70s classic rock peers.  Seems to be a great guy too. 

On 9/21/2022 at 6:08 PM, Jakeboy said:

Saw him in 2016 and he just killed it. Still had the golden voice, the stage energy, and all the licks and fretboard dexterity. Until 2019, he had aged far, far better than most of his 70s classic rock peers.  Seems to be a great guy too. 

I agree,  I've been fortunate enough to see him a couple of times in the Bay Area and I must say he does indeed bring it...  Such a talented guitarist... more than most people give him credit for

Hey Dave,

Thanks for posting about Peter Frampton.  Back in high school Frampton Alive was everywhere. Then he followed up with "I'm in You."  While his most "successful" album in sales I don't think it was his best effort. 

Every good looking / popular girl wore one of three t-shirts from that period;  #1 Frampton Comes Alive, #2. Steve Miller Book of Dreams Steve Miller  and #3 Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band.  Kansas was probably a tie.

Framptons first four albums are staples;  Wind of Change, Frampton's Camel, Frampton, Something's Happening.   

2006's "Fingerprints"  is also up on there. 

Really sorry to hear about Frampton illness and continued health decline.  I was not a fan of that Sgt. Peppers remake except Aerosmiths take on "Come Together".

Cheap Trick opened for Frampton a few years ago and he was exactly as Jakeboy described.  

Hamerica

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to see this. I can’t agree more with his answer when asked about his regrets. But who hasn’t taken a misstep or two in life. Performers have the misfortune of doing them in public. 

Saw him so many times, way back to when he was with Humble Pie. Great guitarist, great voice, great guy, a complete package if you will. He been dealing with this illness for a while now. It's one thing to have this happen to a regular guy who works let's say in a factory for a living but like has been mentioned to have to deal with it as a famous person in a very public format as a performer is quite another thing. It is sad but what he has done since this all began speaks as much about the man as it does his music. He is one of the finest guitar players ever, and he STILL is.

One of my favorite musicians.  I've seen him five different times.  The last show in Tampa with Jason Bonham's Zeppelin Experience (or whatever they were called) was fantastic.  Peter played for two and a half hours.  The "Zep" set was also killer.  I don't know who he was, but the Japanese "Page" was great.  

Peter stopped in the middle and thanked us all for his wonderful career.  It was really touching.  It seemed so sincere.  He told the story of his guitar coming back to him after all those years.  He also told the story about how he'd purchased John Siomos drum kit new for him for the "Comes Alive" tour.  Then, years later after he had passed away, Peter's road manager saw them for sale on eBay (I think).  He bought them a second time and they were in use at the show.  Pretty cool stuff.

I was lucky enough to see Peter at the famous Long Island Arena show in '75 in Commack, NY. I lived about 5 min away. I was just a pup. That's where they recorded part of the Frampton Comes Alive record. Frampton was the opening act, Lynrd Skynrd was 2nd and headlining was Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. 
It was a freakin' small ice rink that had some pretty amazing concerts back in the day. 

LI_Arena_838x.jpg

I also caught his last tour with JBLZE.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a humble talent…the guy just killed it for 2 hours and showed no signs of slowing down.  I’ve seen him several times over the years, but that last time was magical.  His tribute to Chris Cornell (“Black Hole Sun”) was a really touching arrangement, and totally rocked at the same time.

What a cool human…

I caught him twice on the FCA35 tour. First show ran about 3:25 with a short intermission. He was sick for the second show and played through the intermission to shorten the night. He only played a hair over three hours that night. Monster player but more importantly a serious performer/entertainer that seems more concerned than most that you get your money’s worth. 

6 hours ago, cynic said:

Monster player but more importantly a serious performer/entertainer that seems more concerned than most that you get your money’s worth. 

THIS.  

ALL OF THIS.

^^^Absolutely took his craft seriously in-studio and onstage, and still does. PF is an entertainer and a consummate musician. The Missus is a fan and I was surprised that she really got into listening to the "I'll Give You Money" jams at the shows we attended. At aftershows, he was courteous and conversational with her and our daughter, which was appreciated. In the times I've been around him, he's never acted like a rock star...These are from 2010

Frampton 8-1-2010-LO.jpg

Frampton MPAC search.jpg

Archived