Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Agreed. I'd leave it as-is, or, if you need a pickup, go with one of those neck-mounted humbuckers like the old Gibson Johnny Smith: $40 at Guitarfetish: GOLD GFS Thin Jazz Alnico Neck pickup- Vintage Archtop Picku ($33 in chrome).
  4. A custom pickup maker could likely make something thin enough to mount on a pickguard. Or you could search for parts on eBay and Reverb if you are patient. Here is one: https://ebay.io/m/PAdHda And another: https://reverb.com/item/72475469-framus-pickguard-silver And one more: https://reverb.com/item/72520438-framus-pickup-assembly-circa-1960-silver
  5. I like it so much better without the electronics and pickguard.
  6. My bad. It is Lorento, and yes, that was before he became Bill Lawrence. Question now: Where to get the electronic? And the neck (glued) needs to be reglued too.. 🥴
  7. So, let me get this right: a guy with just arms, legs and a head built a guitar? 🤷‍♂️🤪🤣
  8. Love the green. Road case, too. 12 lbs. 14 oz. - That's heavy, but not ridiculously so for what it is.
  9. That been for sale off and on for years. I was on display at Flynn Guitars in Chicago for a long time.
  10. I don't know if this is a one-off or if they also made others but, at any rate, I suspect it's a pretty rare beast. Beautiful guitar. https://musicgalleryinc.com/collections/used/products/copy-of-used-hamer-rick-nielsen-signature-in-natural-950136036 No affiliation.
  11. Dude! Amazing memory! From the Vintage Guitar Bill Lawrence obituary: That's nothing short of amazing!
  12. Wasn’t, “Lorento”, Bill Lawrence’s stage name in Europe?
  13. A quick Google search leads me to believe that to be the case: Also found under Billy Lorento:
  14. Nice playing fellas
  15. Davy Knowles, he comes from the Isle of Man, and his first band was called “Back Door Slam. I cannot remember who I saw them warm up for at the SFFillmore circa 2003/4.but he was pretty good then, too. Go uncle Greg.👍
  16. Yesterday
  17. GWAR Co-Founder Chuck Varga, a.k.a. The Sexecutioner, Dead at 68 https://metalinjection.net/news/gwar-co-founder-chuck-varga-a-k-a-the-sexecutioner-dead-at-68
      • 2
      • Sad
  18. And get a wider padded guitar strap. Levy's makes a good one.
  19. Love that. Make it work!
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...