All Activity
- Past hour
-
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
Jakeboy replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
He also digs a treble booster into a 5e3, 6g3, or an 18 watt Marshall. - Today
-
God, drugs and rock 'n' roll: Alice Cooper at 78
Jakeboy replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That was a great interview. I had some friends who went to church with Vince in AZ and they told me he quietly created and funded a Christian Bible camp years ago. He really seems to have his stuff together. -
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
crunchee replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
One of the few songs with a Disco beat that I can tolerate, along with Kiss' 'I Was Made For Lovin' You'. I really dig that hard, dry, no echo/reverb room sound, too. -
Any post-2024 experiences with Canada/US cross-border shipping?
GusS replied to GusS's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Thank you for your replies! -
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
velorush replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
How on earth did they fit the half-dozen Bixonic Expandoras in that little box? 'cuz we all know that's where the sound came from, right? ETA: Anderton's ships worldwide. -
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
joshoowah replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
There was any interview with RBG in Guitar Player in the early-mid 90s where I first learned of his fondness for top-wrapping and DR Pure Blues strings (and converted to both). They also spent a bunch of time on his pedals at the time. Most of it was spent on the (relatively new) Bixonic Expandora. I've never had a chance to try one, but he talked about it like that pedal into any decent tweed was his tone heaven. Wonder how it stacks up against everything he's touted since... -
Feynman started following Trademark Infringement?
-
How do they get away with this?
-
- 2
-
-
Trogly's video about Rick Nielsen's auction.
WiskiTangoFoxtrot replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Spare us what? I watched it. I dig Trogly’s videos.- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
tbonesullivan replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It really does nail that "Eliminator" tone, and probably earlier. That kind of "blocked" sound that almost clips out and is so nice and raw. I don't know if I have any pedals or amps that can really get that kind of sound, but being a big ZZ top fan, I want it. I wonder if this pedal will be available in the US, as it's a German Pedal that Andertons just started selling. Also once again the original version of "Legs" is far better than the remixed version from the video that they put on the CDs for years. I need to get a new copy of Eliminator with the REAL Legs. You know. This one: -
Funny present - 1953 Framus
hamerhead replied to Montelovesco's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
-
Pick of the Rick Nielsen auction
hamerhead replied to bodp471's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
From the title I thought it was something he threw at you. -
Zandard $7500
cmatthes replied to bry4321's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
The 3 Zandards were all spectacular instruments and each one had a different top selected so they wouldn’t look identical. I remember taking pics of them for Elduave’s shop when they came in and was kinda kicking myself that I had just ordered a Greenburst Standard at the time and couldn’t swing both! The way Standards are getting up there, this one is right on the money and less than what a new Gibson copy of one sells for! -
-
F/S Hamer Artist Custom 97?
topekatj replied to neastguy's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
EEZ raining fuggin amazing ARTISTS, AND YER KEELING MEEEE. -
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
alantig replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Thank goodness - I thought “in a box” was a new entry in the IBS/IRBS/TDC line. -
class D lightweight powered PA gear
BoogieMKIIA replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Even with a modest powered speaker, any type of subwoofer is a great add.