-
Posts
4,137 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by ArnieZ
-
"It just bothers me out of the principle of fairness." I agree with Kiz, but acknowledge the fact that very few things are ever fair. This is the way it has always been at Hamer and the other manufacturers. It doesn't surprise me that this hasn't changed just because Hamer is now very limited in production and time allowance for production. They recently did a guitar for Jeff Golub as well. As much as I love my Hamers, I don't see ordering one unless the used prices magically come in line with the new. ArnieZ
-
NTL shop Haps... tuesday toofer... next up on the slab...
ArnieZ replied to murkat's question in Ask the HFC Experts
Murkat continues to impress.....bigtime! ArnieZ -
My Longtime Guitarist And Friend Has Died.....
ArnieZ replied to mc2's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Tough way to start the year, sorry for your loss! ArnieZ -
Beatles Original Source Tapes: What Would YOU Wanna Hear?
ArnieZ replied to Hamerhack's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Here is the isolated guitar track to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" http://youtu.be/t2enJ7YJyAI Very tasteful playing within the context of the song JMO of course ArnieZ -
WTB: Hamer Duotone
ArnieZ replied to Stokesdead's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
I'll get in line for that myself, makes me 4th I believe ArnieZ -
The Ultimate pick ups defnitely have a single coil like clarity, but sound like buckers as you add gain. They are potted, unlike the Seths, and that has an impact as well. I really haven't tried to adjust them, a combination of laziness and satisfaction. Enjoy you new guitar!! ArnieZ
-
A young guitarist's dream job?
ArnieZ replied to Thundernotes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Impressed, to say the LEAST! Congratulations to Sean and you!! ArnieZ -
Humbuckers for Newport Pro- Suggestions?
ArnieZ replied to ArnieZ's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'm getting an edumacation! Never knew the difference between an ABR1 and the other one Nashville? Lot to think about here. How would I know if the BB1's would be the ones I am looking for? ArnieZ -
Humbuckers for Newport Pro- Suggestions?
ArnieZ replied to ArnieZ's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
So you had to ask the tough question . As I said in the OP I really thought the stock guitar sounded great, but I had to have those Phat Cats. The Newport is my most hollow guitar and I'd like to make the most of that. I did own a 335 dot reissue for a while concurrently, but that was a different animal. Ultimately,since I don't play so well, I'm looking for something different to quell GAS. If TV jones pups would drop in there I'd sure give that a try but don't want to mod the guitar. How's that for a vague answer? ArnieZ -
Humbuckers for Newport Pro- Suggestions?
ArnieZ replied to ArnieZ's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I like the Seth's as well! I don't want to restrict myself to considering only them. Right now I don't want to spend the $ for new and used don't seem to come up often. ArnieZ -
When I got my Newport Pro it was stock with the Seth's but I had to find out about those Phat Cats! The guitar sounded great with the buckers but I thought I wanted something different. I managed to finagle a set of the then unobtanium Phat Cats and droppped them in. I don't know if I ever loved the bridge pup so much but definitely like the neck and the bridge neck combo. I always had in the back of my mind to be able to switch pups out and got this to make it easier. What else besides the Seth's do you guys like in this guitar? Preferably cheaper than the Seth's unless something used shows up! Thanks for the suggestions. ArnieZ
-
Can you list all the amps you've ever owned?
ArnieZ replied to sirDaniel's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Won't be able to get the order exact: Hilgen head and 2x12 cab don't remember the model # Fender Pro reverb Fender Princeton Brown face no reverb Aria POS SS practice amp Peavey Bandit Fender Blues Deluxe Rivera R30 Fender DRRI DrZ Z28 head with 4x10 cabinet * Line 6 Duoverb 2x12 combo Sunn T50c 65 Amps London head and Avatar 2x12 cab with Celestion Golds Redplate Blackverb Standard head and 1x12 Cabinet * * still have edited to add Duoverb -
Mine is name related, of course. I always kind of enjoyed spanning the alphabet! I thought that "ArnieZ" would be unique but on several occasions I have not been able to use it, it was taken! ArnieZ
-
I agree, my redwood sounds closer to an all mahogany guitar than a maple topped guitar. It does have a little more zing than a straight hog guitar. arniez
-
Happy Birthday Gents! arniez
-
Well, now I know that they're not twins...
ArnieZ replied to zenmindbeginner's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Happy Birthday Chris, Serial too!! Have a great day. ArnieZ -
Website update
ArnieZ replied to LostArt's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Huge improvement Al, should drive more traffic your way! ArnieZ -
What's the word on RCA 6v6 GTA's? These seem to still be more available than the black glass versions. ArnieZ
-
Congratulations Jaye! Best of luck for your future, can't imagine anything but success! ArnieZ
-
The neck was to die for. My favorite story is when Admiralb ordered a Hamer case from MF and it showed up with a guitar in it (Korina Artist I think). He calls MF to tell them and tries to arrange sending the guitar back. The customer service rep tells him everyone would be better off if he just keeps the guitar and pretend this never happened. I miss the Admiral, hope he's doing well. I thought the Admiral did return the guitar and re-ordered the case, only to have a 2nd case sent with another Korina Artist inside. It was then that he ended up keeping it. Is my memory playing tricks on me or am I just making up shit, like usual ArnieZ
-
My son performed for Paul McCartney tonight...
ArnieZ replied to cmatthes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I'm jealous, not of you but your son :angry: . There is no greater joy than seeing your children have great experiences! I'm glad you're having this opportunity and hope you have many more! armies