RyanB Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 The auction will never last for 9 days, that's certain. We may never know who gets it. I say it's pulled by the end of today.
cmatthes Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 This one may very well go the distance.At any rate, Jol should try to get this one back to Hamer Central if another HFC'er doesn't pick it up.Worst case is that a Tull fan in Tokyo or a Hard Rock buyer snakes it.
austin122298 Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 He didn't list under Hamer.It's listed only in the "other electric" catagory.That may hurt the bid.Less people will see it.
kizanski Posted April 14, 2005 Author Posted April 14, 2005 He didn't list under Hamer.It's listed only in the "other electric" catagory.That may hurt the bid.Less people will see it. Everyone that would be interested in it already saw it, don't worry.
silentman Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 this will be pricey to ship too. I'm making a deal with the seller now. Say goodbye!
MCChris Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 He didn't list under Hamer.It's listed only in the "other electric" catagory.That may hurt the bid.Less people will see it. As Henry Silva said in the Steven Seagal flick "Above the Law":"Who the f#%$ is this cherry?"
Buzzy Fretts Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 He's, um... kinda quiet, Man. I wish this guitar was less pointy.
Hamer95USA Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 Hello Hamer Fans, The Martin Barre #0002 Hamer Standard is definitely one of the Holy Grail of Hamer USA guitars. I hope Fung or someone else within the family procures it. I would hate to see it sitting in the wall of the Hard Rock Cafe, absorbing french fry grease and people pulling parts off of it. I would also hate for a collector to buy it and have it disappear for another 20 years. So that one has the Dimarzio rewound Gibson PAF pickups from the Gibson factory? Wow!! That guitar is of great historic value to Hamer guitars as well as its previous ownership from Martin Barre, Jethro Tull's guitarist. I just wish that guitar wasn't so expensive so we can all bid on it's great heritage. I will just have to watch this auction from the sidelines. Now will someone sell me their T-51 for my collection? LOL Guitar George
BCR Greg Posted April 14, 2005 Posted April 14, 2005 The bridge pickup has been changed. I have pics of it with a double black in the bridge.
Bob P Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 I've blown my eBay load and I'm out.....didn't even meet reserve (and I have a feeling I am not even close).Good luck to those still interested and I hope it stays in the family.Bob P
cmatthes Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Good show, Bob - very impressive! I seriously considered blowing that tax refund, but there are other places for that $$. Of course, I could sell off everything... (ha ha!)
Bob P Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Thanks Chris, Actually my last bid is higher than the price currently shown. Considering the weak dollar, import duty, insurance and proper packaging/shipping (wouldn't trust UPS, Fed Ex or DHL with this one) this one will be the most expensive Hamer I've ever seen trade hands.OK now who has Hamer Standard #0050? I passed on it at Ax in Hand, DeKalb Illinois in 1992 for $1200 because I was a poor college kid at NIU. I've got 4 digit money burning a hole in my pocket. Somebody fess up and sell it to me.Bob
foodermon Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 damn I hope someone here can pick this up, or better yet Hamer themselves. A stronger greenback and I would be diving into the fray.
John E Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 I must own it. That thing would look so cool if I could only route it for a Kahler . . . .
darc Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Holy crap, I just realized the price was in GBP! Forget "What's in a name", the question for today is "What's in a (serial) number?" Apparently about $5K!
David B Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Shit, I can't believe that's on Ebay. Awesome condition too!
darc Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 "That thing would look so cool if I could only route it for a Kahler . . . ."Haha... and it needs holoskulls.
cmatthes Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 That one should be in the 5-digit (dollars, not serial #s) territory by the end. This is the single most significant Hamer instrument I've seen offered (legitimately)for sale. EVER.
Mobster Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Maybe not, Chris..... Fung torches all others when it comes to this sort of thing. Everyone else is a mere pretender. I guess we'll see about that...
fretknot Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Maybe not, Chris..... Fung torches all others when it comes to this sort of thing. Everyone else is a mere pretender. I guess we'll see about that... Go Mobbie, Go Mobbie... OK, I am really am NOT singing that!
MCChris Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Maybe not, Chris..... Fung torches all others when it comes to this sort of thing. Everyone else is a mere pretender. I guess we'll see about that... Go Mobbie, Go Mobbie... OK, I am really am NOT singing that! I'm just gonna keep hitting "quote" so see if my original post vanishes into infinity ...
kizanski Posted April 15, 2005 Author Posted April 15, 2005 Maybe not, Chris..... Fung torches all others when it comes to this sort of thing. Everyone else is a mere pretender. I guess we'll see about that... Go Mobbie, Go Mobbie... OK, I am really am NOT singing that! I'm just gonna keep hitting "quote" so see if my original post vanishes into infinity ... Probably not, Chris.
hardheartedbill Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 whose got the side action, I say Lita Ford by a nose LOL
tobereeno Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Maybe not, Chris..... Fung torches all others when it comes to this sort of thing. Everyone else is a mere pretender. I guess we'll see about that... Go Mobbie, Go Mobbie... OK, I am really am NOT singing that! I'm just gonna keep hitting "quote" so see if my original post vanishes into infinity ... Probably not, Chris. fascinating. if I had $10K to burn, I'd snag that baby, route it for a floyd, get it chrome plated (and engraved of course!!), but only after I had the body recut into the shape of flames
silentman Posted April 15, 2005 Posted April 15, 2005 Maybe not, Chris..... Fung torches all others when it comes to this sort of thing. Everyone else is a mere pretender. I guess we'll see about that... Go Mobbie, Go Mobbie... OK, I am really am NOT singing that! I'm just gonna keep hitting "quote" so see if my original post vanishes into infinity ... Probably not, Chris. It's getting close. It looks like I can throw something into my monitor.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.