Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Help! I've been banned from The Gear Page!

Apparently, my deadpan sense of humor is not universally appreciated :)

Anyway, I'm trying to buy something from there, but in between me sending the seller a PM and him trying to reply back, I was suspended. Now he's wondering what the hell's going on. Could some charitable soul with a TGP membership PM the guy my email address? If so, please PM me for details. Thanks.

-Austin

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, I'm trying to buy something from there, but in between me sending the seller a PM and him trying to reply back, I was suspended. Now he's wondering what the hell's going on. Could some charitable soul with a TGP membership PM the guy my email address? If so, please PM me for details. Thanks.

-Austin

Bravo!!! Well done!

Now tell us what you said.

-Austin

Bravo!!! Well done!

Now tell us what you said.

The thread was here:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthrea...271#post8655271

The initial subject and post were:

Which characteristics of life in the 1950's and 60's would you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

like to see in our present day? Be it values, traditions, or some great products that were used?

I had the original post #6, which was

Negros knowing their place.

Oh, and IBTL :roll

-Austin

Apparently, my callous racism was not well received by the TGP membership (or at least by the guy who reported me). Ah well, do the crime, do the time. Doh!

-Austin

You probably would have been fine had you a.) spelled "negroes" correctly (gonna chalk that up to your shitty U of M education) or b.) said "coloreds" or "moon crickets" instead.

1) atquinn has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove atquinn from the recipient list and send the message again.

--

This all started with that pottymouth thread you know?

You probably would have been fine had you a.) spelled "negroes" correctly (gonna chalk that up to your shitty U of M education) or b.) said "coloreds" or "moon crickets" instead.

a.) Hey, don't blame U of M; they tried they best the could, but there's only so much they can do with what they are given. Anyway, I got a wife from U of M; the edjumacation stuff was secondary

b.) I was thinking darkies, but somehow I think the reaction would have been similar?

Anyway, I've learned my lesson. If I had it to do over again I'd go with "no gay pride parades".

-Austin

b.) I was thinking darkies, but somehow I think the reaction would have been similar?

I used that term just today, out loud, in a discussion with the African American mail room guy about the LeBron situation.

I remain employed, yet you get kicked off The Gear Page. LOL

I got kicked off the Lespaul Forum for simply arguing a point with the mod. I was even a contributing member! He fancied himself one of dem' der' "Intel-Lectuals". I wasnt mean, disrespectful, or contraversial. He was just an a-hole.

I love how the idiot on the Gear Page actually said that in the 50's and 60's there was a lack of hate...lol! I guess he never heard of the Civil Rights Movement. God some people are just too stupid to breath my air....

Have you sent the mod who provided the smack down a picture of you?

When I'm let back in, I'll create a Dave Chappelle avatar for myself, that should head off any future issues. I don't mind getting banned, but I'm kind of pissed off that they erased my post :)

-Austin

When I'm let back in, I'll create a Dave Chappelle avatar for myself, that should head off any future issues. I don't mind getting banned, but I'm kind of pissed off that they erased my post :)

-Austin

Sarcasm and Irony don't play well at TGP. :D Some people seem to have lost the ability to see anything but literalism in writing.

Have you sent the mod who provided the smack down a picture of you?

It may not have mattered.

Years ago, when Tony Kornheiser was still on ESPN, he used to do stuff during the commercial breaks for the folks that listened on the Internet. One of his producers was suspended for being racially insensitive by doing a "black voice" during one of these breaks.

Do I need to tell you his ethnicity???

Some people are just too stupid to breathe unaided.

Alan

Careful, Austin.

We might just make you a Mod over here.

Archived