Feynman Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 I got banned from JCF, and I never found out why. I even had another JCF member here email the mods to ask about it, but they didn't reply to him. I created a new ID to be able to email the mods and ask what happened, as I was sure it was just some mistake. They didn't answer. I logged in the next day and my new ID was banned - this time with a reason listed ("Sneaking in under new user name.") I wish I at least had a cool story to tell as to why I was banned. I still haven't a clue, but looking back, it doesn't seem like a big loss.
sw686blue Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 I got banned from JCF, and I never found out why. I even had another JCF member here email the mods to ask about it, but they didn't reply to him. I created a new ID to be able to email the mods and ask what happened, as I was sure it was just some mistake. They didn't answer. I logged in the next day and my new ID was banned - this time with a reason listed ("Sneaking in under new user name.") I wish I at least had a cool story to tell as to why I was banned. I still haven't a clue, but looking back, it doesn't seem like a big loss. JCF?
mathman Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 JCF? Jolly Candy Factory? Jam Crooked Finger Jamming Crazy F#@kers Jolly Christmas Fans J. C. Fanny I dunno..
Feynman Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Jackson/Charvel Forum (jcfonline) Luckily, getting banned there steered me toward the much friendlier usacharvels.com forum.
elduave Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Have you sent the mod who provided the smack down a picture of you?It may not have mattered.Years ago, when Tony Kornheiser was still on ESPN, he used to do stuff during the commercial breaks for the folks that listened on the Internet. One of his producers was suspended for being racially insensitive by doing a "black voice" during one of these breaks.Do I need to tell you his ethnicity???Some people are just too stupid to breathe unaided.AlanWait. Who are we mad at now?Lost me.Kornheiser's Jewish, but hardly stupid.Careful, Austin. We might just make you a Mod over here.Move to motion.
atquinn Posted July 10, 2010 Author Posted July 10, 2010 Move to motion.*blush*And in regards to Kornheiser, I believe we're mad at the listening audience that was offended that a black man was talking "black" colloquially-speaking.And IBTL = In Before The Lock-Austin
alantig Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Wait. Who are we mad at now?Lost me.Kornheiser's Jewish, but hardly stupid.ESPN, or more accurately, ESPNRadio. Sorry - sometimes I forget that not everyone had access to my wall of strange news articles (like the guy who was sentenced to death in the electric chair, had his sentence commuted to life in prison, then sat on a metal toilet with a pair of contraband headphones and was electrocuted).Alan
sonic1974 Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Austin, I always knew you were a trouble maker! ha ha, behind all that pickup knowledge you're clearly an accident waiting to happen. I kid I kid
veatch Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 I was on the edge of being banned at one site (that will remain nameless...) I can't remember all the details, but i remember the mod publicly accusing someone of using a second ID. The thread was started by a member who was, well, a bit in the ditch on something. At about 3 pages of flames from virtually every regular thread member telling this guy he was a nutcase, suddenly a single voice of support came in from a newbie. A number of the regulars were getting, in my opinion, a little over the edge with their comments - civility looked to be long lost. Then the mod publicly accused the "nutcase" of creating the second ID. This started a big techno geek war about how IPs can look to be from the same source when they're really not, blah blah blah. It was quickly going from surreal to absurd. So i created a second ID and started an argument with myself. (in the same thread) It was blatantly obvious the second ID was me - it was something like "NotVeatch" or "AntiVeatch" or something like that. Seemed pretty funny at the time, but the mod wasn't amused. Can't imagine why not... Ah, good times...
cloakerz Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 not to jump into this thread real late, but you can get banned at the JCF(Jackson fan club) if the wind changes direction, and they will not tell you why. Makes me really appreciate this forum!!
Bennyboy-UK Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Ha! Bennyboy should write and tell them you're a good bloke. ok I got that finally!
hamerhead Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Austin - you RAWK, Bud. That's some funny sh!t right there.
hamerican gigolo Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 I also have been reprimanded at TGP a couple of times. What really ticks me off is some " members " can say whatever they damned well please. If you choose to challenge their brilliant insights,their " fair-minded " mods will be sure to put you in your place. I love TGP,but as long as i stay off the " Pub " i'm fine.Austin,don't let the PC bastards get you down.
BubbaVO Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Apparently, my deadpan sense of humor is not universally appreciated Anyway, I'm trying to buy something from there, but in between me sending the seller a PM and him trying to reply back, I was suspended. Now he's wondering what the hell's going on. Could some charitable soul with a TGP membership PM the guy my email address? If so, please PM me for details. Thanks. -Austin Bravo!!! Well done! Now tell us what you said. The thread was here: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthrea...271#post8655271 The initial subject and post were: Which characteristics of life in the 1950's and 60's would you... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- like to see in our present day? Be it values, traditions, or some great products that were used? I had the original post #6, which was Negros knowing their place. Oh, and IBTL :roll -Austin Apparently, my callous racism was not well received by the TGP membership (or at least by the guy who reported me). Ah well, do the crime, do the time. Doh! -Austin That is the best post of all time. You are an HR nightmare. ROTFLOL!!!
Stike Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Sarcasm and Irony don't play well at TGP. Some people seem to have lost the ability to see anything but literalism in writing. I got 2 weeks off once there when I made a joke that made fun of Mel Gibson being anti-Semite because the offended mod thought I was being anti-Semetic. I went so far as to decontstruct my joke via PM but he basically had his fingers in his ears going "la la la la la I'm not listening to you".
sw686blue Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Sarcasm and Irony don't play well at TGP. Some people seem to have lost the ability to see anything but literalism in writing. I got 2 weeks off once there when I made a joke that made fun of Mel Gibson being anti-Semite because the offended mod thought I was being anti-Semetic. I went so far as to decontstruct my joke via PM but he basically had his fingers in his ears going "la la la la la I'm not listening to you". Let me guess, Scott Auld? What a fuckhead. I was put into detention when I criticized Gustavsson guitars.
backinit Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 If that type of sensitivity accompanies extreme cork sniffery I'm all set thx.
Stike Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Sarcasm and Irony don't play well at TGP. Some people seem to have lost the ability to see anything but literalism in writing. I got 2 weeks off once there when I made a joke that made fun of Mel Gibson being anti-Semite because the offended mod thought I was being anti-Semetic. I went so far as to decontstruct my joke via PM but he basically had his fingers in his ears going "la la la la la I'm not listening to you". Let me guess, Scott Auld? What a fuckhead. I was put into detention when I criticized Gustavsson guitars. No not Scott.
humfree Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 You guys remember when Jimmy The Greek got drummed out of sports for daring to say that women can't get hit a golf ball as far as men because their breasts get in the way?Freedom of Speech.. as long as you don't use 'these' words.. Penn and Teller did a show on Renaissance Fair people and interviewed several who romanticized about the Dark Ages - wishing they were born in that time. The Dark Ages?? Really?I wouldn't survive in the fifties.. hehehe.. no Hamers..
SteveB Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Penn and Teller did a show on Renaissance Fair people and interviewed several who romanticized about the Dark Ages - wishing they were born in that time. The Dark Ages?? Really? Thats cuz they all think they would be the nobles and not the serfs.
crunchee Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Penn and Teller did a show on Renaissance Fair people and interviewed several who romanticized about the Dark Ages - wishing they were born in that time. The Dark Ages?? Really? Thats cuz they all think they would be the nobles and not the serfs. +1. The last line in this clip sums that all up: This might be them at the end of the first day: There's a fine line--or not so fine a line--between poking fun (trying to 'send up' a inane question on TGP) and simply saying something offensive without obvious context. Ask Michael Richards.
Ranger Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 First, from a global perspective we remain the in dark ages and we won't evolve toward our potential until we stop killing each other over differing views of "God". From my perspective, most ignorance trickles down from either organized religion or smoking crack/meth.Second, we truely be ignorant. Most of us don't really understand what we think we know and few of us recognize we don't know what we don't know.Third, as we participate on boards we agree that site moderators have both the responsibility and authority to manage the site as they think is appropriate. If you don't like the decisions then complain in a PM and/or just go away. The funny stuff in this thread merits continuation in spite of the BS parts, but it will be pulled sooner or later if the moderators remain true to past patterns of edits. If you don't like it then you can give the moderators a Three Stooges eyeball e-poke and then take a long e-hike.BTW - I know a lot more than most of you about having "inappropriate" posts deleted, though I've never been banned from any site. The moderators and you regulars on this site just barely tolerate me. And that's just fine by me, I'll state my case and accept the subjective consequences.Don't like my ideas? Well, do you like tips? Yes? Here's a tip... "BOINK!" I just Three Stooge poked you in both of your eyes!BOINK! Ha, while you were reading I did you again. Learn anything so far?BBOOIIINNNKK!!! got you again to help you learn the lessonare I done?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.