cmatthes Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Rick - for the record, none of your posts here have been deleted. They've often been moved to an appropriate forum however, since some of them have no absolutely no relevance to the forum under which they've been posted.The descriptions are pretty self-explanatory.
HSB0531 Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Have you sent the mod who provided the smack down a picture of you? Yes I looked at your profile and did a whaaaaaaaaa?So I guess now I can't say anything derogatory about Sicilian, Northern Italian, French, Austrians.BTW: I see you're a fellow New Yorker, cool!
Ranger Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Amen, and for the record I didn't say (above) that any of my posts were deleted on this site, nor do I disagree with your decisions to move stuff to more appropriate pages, some of which appear to be inaccessible to me in my current membership status. I really don't care much what you decide; you be doing yer job and I won't bother second guessing your decisions. I do, however, pay attention to making my posts useful to the mission of the site and the interests of the general membership. I've learned as I went along. That's why I've been quiet letely, I have little useful to offer though some members seem to enjoy when I write crazy BS as I manage emotional turmoil.
kurtsstuff Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 TGP???? Truly a place where I so wish you could reach through the monitorand bitch slap most of the wanna be's over there...
edgar_allan_poe Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 TGP???? Truly a place where I so wish you could reach through the monitor and bitch slap most of the wanna be's over there...As opposed to Rig-Talk where dudes have three half stacks running a wet/dry/wet rig IN THEIR FUGGIN LIVING ROOM!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!Before you get your panties in a bunch please know that I actually really like that site. LOL!!!
Stike Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 TGP???? Truly a place where I so wish you could reach through the monitor and bitch slap most of the wanna be's over there... As opposed to Rig-Talk where dudes have three half stacks running a wet/dry/wet rig IN THEIR FUGGIN LIVING ROOM!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Before you get your panties in a bunch please know that I actually really like that site. LOL!!! It's in their living rooms because who the fuck wants to actually move a rig like that around?!
The Shark Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 I received "probation" for questioning some guy named Matte for his obvious kiss-ass posts and condescending insults to those that disagreed with him. I outlasted him as he's disappeared from TGP and I still lurk. I was never more than disagreeable and a bit abrasive. The Mods on TGP seem to have had to deal with so much crap, they don't have any tolerance for those dancing on the head of a pin. Had a little trouble here and one of the very gentile mods helped me through with some prudent advice and a "virtual" pat on the back. I like it here. It doesn't "deteriorate" nearly as often. I visit every day!
hardheartedbill Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 I dig TGP for what it is, an amazing cache of stuff I'll never see here in WNC ( since Steve sold off LOL ) I've bought some serious gear off that sight, very happ w/ all my transactions. I stay off the Pub ( here as well ) cause I've learned about the side of the Net that I dont care about, just ignore the dumb shit and it's all good. Having said that, as a former mod during some of the dumbest shit EVAH, I can understand how a joke looks different on the screen
cmatthes Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 ...just ignore the dumb shit and it's all good. This is one of those things people should think about more often!
BubbaVO Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 First, from a global perspective we remain the in dark ages and we won't evolve toward our potential until we stop killing each other over differing views of "God". From my perspective, most ignorance trickles down from either organized religion or smoking crack/meth.Second, we truely be ignorant. Most of us don't really understand what we think we know and few of us recognize we don't know what we don't know.Third, as we participate on boards we agree that site moderators have both the responsibility and authority to manage the site as they think is appropriate. If you don't like the decisions then complain in a PM and/or just go away. The funny stuff in this thread merits continuation in spite of the BS parts, but it will be pulled sooner or later if the moderators remain true to past patterns of edits. If you don't like it then you can give the moderators a Three Stooges eyeball e-poke and then take a long e-hike.BTW - I know a lot more than most of you about having "inappropriate" posts deleted, though I've never been banned from any site. The moderators and you regulars on this site just barely tolerate me. And that's just fine by me, I'll state my case and accept the subjective consequences.Don't like my ideas? Well, do you like tips? Yes? Here's a tip... "BOINK!" I just Three Stooge poked you in both of your eyes!BOINK! Ha, while you were reading I did you again. Learn anything so far?BBOOIIINNNKK!!! got you again to help you learn the lessonare I done?What a silly post.
atquinn Posted July 12, 2010 Author Posted July 12, 2010 ...just ignore the dumb shit and it's all good. This is one of those things people should think about more often! I think about it plenty, but sometimes the will grows weak -Austin
cmatthes Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 Hey Austin - maybe you should try to register at the Les Paul Forum. I hear they are a pretty reasonable bunch... :D
Cary Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 Sounds like a fun place. I sometimes check out another forum where not only can you be banned for disagreeing with the owner, but 50 ass-kissers will chime in afterwards ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the power exercised by said owner. I don't know if it's comical or frightening. The owner banned so many people they started their own forum - and he reacted by saying if any members of his forum were members of THAT forum he'd ban them just for that. I'd tell you the name of it, but I fear I've already said too much
kurtsstuff Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 TGP???? Truly a place where I so wish you could reach through the monitor and bitch slap most of the wanna be's over there...As opposed to Rig-Talk where dudes have three half stacks running a wet/dry/wet rig IN THEIR FUGGIN LIVING ROOM!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!Before you get your panties in a bunch please know that I actually really like that site. LOL!!!LOL!! My panty's never bunch up....except...when reading alot of the BS on TGP....
dboy66 Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 You probably would have been fine had you a.) spelled "negroes" correctly (gonna chalk that up to your shitty U of M education) or b.) said "coloreds" or "moon crickets" instead. You must mean the University of Maryland, cause I know you aint talkin about the University of Michigan.
hamerican gigolo Posted July 12, 2010 Posted July 12, 2010 I received "probation" for questioning some guy named Matte for his obvious kiss-ass posts and condescending insults to those that disagreed with him. I outlasted him as he's disappeared from TGP and I still lurk. I was never more than disagreeable and a bit abrasive. The Mods on TGP seem to have had to deal with so much crap, they don't have any tolerance for those dancing on the head of a pin. Had a little trouble here and one of the very gentile mods helped me through with some prudent advice and a "virtual" pat on the back. I like it here. It doesn't "deteriorate" nearly as often. I visit every day! I know the " Matte " you are refering to. What a douche.
edgar_allan_poe Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 I know the " Matte " you are refering to. What a douche. The best was when he tried to defend JG guitars after it was found out that JG was chambering his instruments. Matte is a dude who obsesses over *every single piece of the guitar* no matter how tiny and insignificant. Dude actually had the balls to try and say that it didn't matter because he trusted the mighty guru of guitar making and the fact that guitars were chambered WITHOUT it being disclosed to the buyer was irrelevant. ROTFLMAO!!! yeah...chambering has absolutely zero impact on a guitar's tone. HA!!!!!! It inspired the doctors who owned JGs to then go and X RAY THEIR FUCKING GUITARS TO SEE IF THEY WERE CHAMBERED!!!!!! LOL!!! Then...it a stroke of pure genius, some dude says he x-rayed his guitar and it was, indeed, chambered. This was the pic he posted. It still brings tears to my eyes when I see it. LOL!!!!
sonic1974 Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 I know the " Matte " you are refering to. What a douche. It inspired the doctors who owned JGs to then go and X RAY THEIR FUCKING GUITARS TO SEE IF THEY WERE CHAMBERED!!!!!! LOL!!! I remember that string of threads. Funny stuff. From now on I insist that every guitar I buy be x-rayed!!!
cmatthes Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 I had that saved as my wallpaper for a while too. Classic Asshat Douchebaggery really reared it's ugly head on that one!
atquinn Posted July 13, 2010 Author Posted July 13, 2010 There really should be some sort of ridiculous thread archive over there. I remember someone starting a poll that was basically. "I played a D'Pergo through a Two Rock and a through a Detemple through a Dumble. Which was better?" Then he said something about closing the poll in 6 days (which happened to be April 1st). The result? Pages of earnest debate, flaming, hand-wringing, etc... -Austin
mirrorimij Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 IIRC, someone got bitchslapped/suspended a few weeks ago for using the word "niggardly" in a sentence (correctly).For those that don't know what it means look it up before you go all Jesse Jackson on me.
Willie G. Moseley Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 RE: Gay Pride parades, I cited that in a newspaper column as a simile concerning the portrayal of Xerxes in 300, opining that he looked like "...a reject from a Gay Pride parade in San Francisco."The protest I got about that reference came from the opposite direction; i.e., from a fundamentalist minister (but consider the area of the country where I live...). Fortunately, many more readers commented that the analogy was hilarious.
elduave Posted July 13, 2010 Posted July 13, 2010 Didn't we almost string up Haynie for that here? Humor! Humor! Love ya Steve! IIRC, someone got bitchslapped/suspended a few weeks ago for using the word "niggardly" in a sentence (correctly). For those that don't know what it means look it up before you go all Jesse Jackson on me.
ArnieZ Posted July 14, 2010 Posted July 14, 2010 ANNOUNCEMENT!! INVESTORS WANTEDI am developing an X-Ray/ weigh station that will both x-ray a guitar and display it's weight on the xray, like a date stamp on a digital camera. Additionally I would provide certificates, like GIA certificates, that would authenticate both the weight, make and serial # of the guitar. The radiation exposure will guaranrteed not to affect the molecular structure of the wood. Fee for service has not yet been determined.If interested please respond via email or PM.ArnieZ
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.