Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I have serial 0547 Hamer Standard

Hi all! New to the boards here, but have posted extensively over at Harmony Central under the same name.

I just snagged this 'relic'd' four digit serial Standard this morning, and since I don't know anything about Hamers (28 other guitars and this is my first one), I thought I'd ask around here about what you guys think it's worth, if you see any issues or problems I've missed or what have you.

Has a Kahler trem, which doesn't appear to be original, although this is one of the TOM swap trems, so no additional holes appear to have been drilled in the guitar when the old TOM was removed. Schaller tuners. Bridge humbucker is not original, but it appears that the neck humbucker is the original Dimarzio.

Serial number 0547.

Pics:

Hamer001.jpg

Hamer002.jpg

Hamer003.jpg

Hamer004.jpg

Hamer005.jpg

Wow.

Just wow :lol:

That is one fine piece you have there. Welcome!

Thanks!

Sorry about the decals...those are coming off this evening (although....you gotta admit...the Sammy Hagar 'I can't drive 55' one is pretty sweet....). I had to take half the morning off of work to drive over and get it before somebody else beat me to it, so I haven't had a chance to really do anything with it yet other than snap a couple of quick pictures.

That's a good one!

Nice grab!

I'm sure the Hamer experts here will be able to give some skinny on it's origins. Looking forward to hearing about them....

Exactly my thought.

Very Nice score. That one has definitely seen alot of action an. It sort of looks like the control cavity was enlarged (easy to tell if you pop off the plate and see the routing), plus getting that hole for the spot I assume a tap switch or kill switch was would be pretty tough. Sort of looks like you can even see the maple veneer on the top of this one as well.

Nothing nicer than a 4 digit standard.

Peter

Very Nice score. That one has definitely seen alot of action an. It sort of looks like the control cavity was enlarged (easy to tell if you pop off the plate and see the routing), plus getting that hole for the spot I assume a tap switch or kill switch was would be pretty tough. Sort of looks like you can even see the maple veneer on the top of this one as well.

Nothing nicer than a 4 digit standard.

Peter

Here's a pic of the control cavity. 'Hamer' branded pots, and yes, it looks like it has been enlarged at some point. However, it was done with a router so it's structurally and cosmetically quite good and outline (to the exterior of the guitar) of the cavity itself and the plastic cover plate are original. Would be easy to patch the hole if somebody wanted to do a refin/refurb.

Where the finish is coming off it appears to have a very nice maple cap...almost a shame Hamer painted this one because it would've been a really pretty top.

Hamer006.jpg

Guitar is SOLD! Rather unexpectedly. :lol:

It went to a forumite here that, if he chooses to reveal himself, was great to deal with and seems like somebody who will really appreciate the instrument.

Ha! I'm not surprised. I hope you got the $20K those tend to go for... :P

Guitar is SOLD! Rather unexpectedly. :lol:

It went to a forumite here that, if he chooses to reveal himself, was great to deal with and seems like somebody who will really appreciate the instrument.

Ha! I'm not surprised. I hope you got the $20K those tend to go for... :P

LOL. Nah. I think we both ended up happy (or at least I sincerely hope so)....buyer got a guitar he wanted for what I believe was a pretty fair price, and I'm going to use the proceeds to buy a guitar I've always wanted. It's win/win.

Seriously though....this seems like a great board. You guys have been a big help.

I think we both ended up happy (or at least I sincerely hope so)....buyer got a guitar he wanted for what I believe was a pretty fair price, and I'm going to use the proceeds to buy a guitar I've always wanted. It's win/win.

Whoever got this is a lucky guy!! BTW anyone have a TOM and an old DiMarzio bridge pickup they want to sell me? :lol::P I am really happy and SilverfaceChamp seems like a great guy! Cheers!! :P

Whoever got this is a lucky guy!! BTW anyone have a TOM and an old DiMarzio bridge pickup they want to sell me? :lol::P I am really happy and SilverfaceChamp seems like a great guy! Cheers!! :P

Congrats! We'll be needing lots more pics you know?

Congrats! We'll be needing lots more pics you know?

You got it - it'll happen!

I'm impressed what can happen over night. Fortunately, it wasn't an oil spill, although, it got a black complexion.

Great story guys.

Now more pics please. :lol:

Archived