Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Special Event - Chicago (10/15-16)

cmatthes

Registration is now open for the Special Event coming up in October.

Please let me know if you will be bringing a guest (or guests). I'll need the following information in your email:

Name / HFC Screen Name

Your City, State

Yes/No - I will attend the Cliff Dwellers Event

Yes/No - I will attend the Saturday night Jam

If you plan to attend, please EMAIL me (NO PMs - I won't get those!) at: chris at hamerfanclub dot com .

Here is a brief message from Paul Hamer regarding the event:

Paul Hamer respectfully requests your attendance at a luncheon honoring Curtis Meissner, Hamer Guitars long standing collaborator, at The Cliff Dwellers, Saturday October 16th, from noon to 3 p.m. This invitation is extended to Hamer Fan Club members only on a first come, first served basis. Attendance will be limited to 40 people and reservations must be made by October 1st, by EMAILING: chris at hamerfanclub dot com

Curtis Meissner and his step-brother Jonathan, were among Paul's first guitar students at Northern Prairie Music and worked at Northern Prairie after school and on weekends growing up. Curtis witnessed and participated in the formation of Hamer Guitars from the very beginning. He is a great musician and an all around wonderful guy. Please take this opportunity to meet Curtis and learn more about the early years.

The Cliff Dwellers is Chicago's oldest and most respected club for Artists, Architects, Authors and Musicians. Perched high atop Michigan ave. in a penthouse suite directly across from The Art Institute and next door to Orchestra Hall you will enjoy a fabulous luncheon with incredible views of the lake front. The Cliff Dwellers was founded in 1909 by author Hamlin Garland and architects Louis Sullivan, Daniel Burnham and Frank Lloyd Wright and remains today an important meeting place for the exchange of ideas among all artists.

Luncheon will be in the Club's dining room with a slide show presentation of early Hamer photos and memorabilia in the Sullivan Room. You will be able to pay for your individual lunches with cash or credit cards, otherwise there is no premium charged for this event.

There will be a star-studded Jam afterwards, starting @ 6PM at the Excalibur Club. In addition to HFC'ers, there will be a number VIPs, including some Chicago-area artists and Hamer employees from the Arlington Heights and Palatine days. Jam details, including a rough set list/schedule will be discussed in an upcoming thread. We are also attempting to reserve a block of rooms in a nearby hotel, depending upon response from out-of-towners.

This thread will be cross-referenced with the anchored thread above for your convenience: http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...=42653&st=0

Book those flights soon, if you haven't already! :(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everybody who has registered thus far. Keep 'em coming...

To clarify, no official Friday event?

No "official" event at this point. We ended up going with the Saturday Cliff Dwellers Club slot for a number of reasons, but keeping the potentially huge costs down and also not having a conflict with those people who can't get out of work on Friday made that a no-brainer. We will most likely have a music store/pub/sightseeing crawl type thing worked out for Friday for those who can make it.

I think the Muse may line us all up to attend a Playboy shoot or something. I haven't asked him yet, of course... :(

We're filling up the list pretty quickly for the Cliff Dwellers event. That is limited to 40 people (at this time), but the Jam is open to as many people as we can fit in the room.

If you're serious about going to the lunch session, try to get registered ASAP, before we run out of room.

Thanks!

Chris, you got my e-mail for the luncheon, correct? Just making sure, I am STOKED!

I'm out. I have a wedding to go to. It will be the first major Chicago event I've missed.

Aw C'mon, Ken! You'll have other weddings, right?! :(

You'll be missed.

Aww, you fuckers. I may be in San Diego that weekend...

I'll see what I can do. This sounds very cool.

I've gotten several emails about this last night and today - we still have slots open for the presentation/luncheon event on Saturday if you're thinking about going to that. Just let me know.

As mentioned above, there is no attendance cap for the Jam - the more, the merrier!

My flight is booked - Elduave has his flight booked...

Redskins at Soldier Field that weekend. The downtown hotels are filling up fast and many are requiring three to four nights minimum.

The Congress is available and inexpensive (by Michigan Ave. standards) but it's a bit of a wreck. Two nights will run $350 or so.

Out of towners will probably want to buddy up to save money.

Redskins at Soldier Field that weekend. The downtown hotels are filling up fast and many are requiring three to four nights minimum.

The Congress is available and inexpensive (by Michigan Ave. standards) but it's a bit of a wreck. Two nights will run $350 or so.

Out of towners will probably want to buddy up to save money.

Holy Smokes thanks for the info.

Archived