Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Queensryche saga -long read, but it's worth reading.

zorrow

It seems none of these guys have seen Spinal Tap.

NEVER let Wives or Girlfriends (or Husbands or Lovers etc) get involved with management, A&R or anything to do with the bands musical or financial business.

Tate was on That Metal Show and Saturday and discussed this pretty freely (at least his side of it).

Hmmm, who else here would let Geoff Tate spit on them, hit them in the face without some type of retaliation? Definately not a violent person but if someone I was in a band with tried that shit with me, they would be hurting...

Hmmm, who else here would let Geoff Tate spit on them, hit them in the face without some type of retaliation? Definately not a violent person but if someone I was in a band with tried that shit with me, they would be hurting...

Maybe some guys are more worried about making sure there is a show for the people who showed up.

Maybe some guys are more worried about making sure there is a show for the people who showed up.

Yeah, wait until after the show then let him have it !

I suppose timing is everything, however, what kind of show are you going to have when someone has just shamed/insulted/humiliated you?

It seems none of these guys have seen Spinal Tap.

NEVER let Wives or Girlfriends (or Husbands or Lovers etc) get involved with management, A&R or anything to do with the bands musical or financial business.

yeah... or read about the reasons why SuperTramp will never tour as a complete original band again. One member decided to marry their record person and make her the manager. ALWAYS a BAD MOVE.

Heck Romance inside of bands in general can have disastrous effects. Look at Fleetwood Mac. Or the Ramones.

I'm not sure I buy Tate's story on TMS. Some things don't add up, like the idea that he can't understand why they won't talk to him after he pulled a knife on them and spit at them. Or that there were no creative differences, but he complains (elsewhere) that the rest of the band wouldn't participate in writing.

If you saw them on the Rocklahoma broadcast, it was somewhat bizarre. Tate didn't look at another band member for the full 90 minutes. No eye contact whatsoever, no acknowledgement that there was anyone else on stage with him.

Romance inside of bands !

The Ramones ? ???

Am I missing something here ??

Johnny Ramone married Joey Ramone's Ex girlfriend. So I guess technically it wasn't "within" the band, but that's still just as divisive.

Romance inside of bands !

The Ramones ? ???

Am I missing something here ??

Johnny Ramone married Joey Ramone's Ex girlfriend. So I guess technically it wasn't "within" the band, but that's still just as divisive.

Ahhhhh I get it !

I like Tate as a performer. I can only imagine that as the band became more successful, maybe he felt responsible for that success. Probably should have split after Empire if he did not want to do the Metal thing. Guess he needed the band name, and they needed him... thus the long relationship.

I seen Queensryche open for KISS in around 1984-1985.

They come out, play the first couple of songs ... the crowd is getting into

it. Between song banter begins:

Tate: How ya do'in St Louis !!??

Crowd: BOOO! F#CK YOU!!!

Unfortunately for Tate, the band was playing in Louisville, Ky.

Classic!

After seeing TMS on Saturday, I felt for Tate. After reading that entire article, my opinion changed.

LSD is a bitch.

He's looking a bit like Anton LaVey these days. Tan-ton LaVey in his case perhaps.

Holy shit, lol!

My first concert was that Animalize tour in Vancouver '84 and I was a little f'er booing QR. Of course, I was 12 at the time and only was there to see KISS. My sister tried to shut me the hell up because she thought we were going to get our asses kicked. But I clearly remember people in my seating section having a laugh at this little punk kid booing the opening act.

There's a sort of irony that years later MindCrime and Empire ended up being two albums I'd most want to have created, as a "grown up" musician.

I'd really love to hear Chris DeGarmo's take on this whole situation, starting with his departure till now. When DeGarmo left, QR lost their star quarterback and it was never the same again.

Seriously, he sounds to me like a skilled politician trying to look surprised while facing corruption charges --"I didn't know", "they never told me", "the signed up, so they were happy" and so on... Bullsh$%t!

If I add both stories and divide by two, I still think the band's outings are closer to the truth than Tate's.

Here is Geoff Tate's take on the situation - his Rolling Stone interview: http://www.rollingst...brazil-20120626 :blink:

Seriously, he sounds to me like a skilled politician trying to look surprised while facing corruption charges --"I didn't know", "they never told me", "the signed up, so they were happy" and so on... Bullsh$%t!

If I add both stories and divide by two, I still think the band's outings are closer to the truth than Tate's.

+1 Totally agree... He sounds like he has a touch of doucheness...

Archived