tschebbi Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 I never thought that would happen, but times are tough and life's a bitch, so I'm giving up on my beloved Standard.Got her since summer 1980, see my post here: http://tinyurl.com/nj9b4vtLots of memories with this guitar and it breaks my heart to let her go, but I have to.Ideally I'd sell it directly within the forum, but I need to get the most out of it, so I also put it out on Ebay: http://tinyurl.com/o4jw4szI'm collecting offers for a couple of days, won't let er go for less than 5k though. It'll go to the highest bidder, I don't want to appear greedy but I really need the money, it's the only reason I sell.Cheers,Juergen
carfish7 Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 Sorry to hear of your forced sale, and best of luck in a quick and painless transition.
oldskoolrulz Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 Also sorry to hear it's a forced sale, especially being the fact that you've owned it from day one. I'd like to think that someone here could buy it with the pretense that if things improved for you down the road that you would get the opportunity to purchase it back for what you sold it for. Anyway, it's a gorgeous guitar and I'm sure you will not have much trouble selling it either here or eBay. GLWS!
ARM OF HAMER Posted July 4, 2015 Posted July 4, 2015 Sorry to hear that you have to let a beloved guitar go .......................thats never easy but you do what you need to do in this life for your self and your family.[if you have one] On the upswing you have had the pleasure of owning this special guitar all these years, something only a select few have had the opportunity to do so............ Best of luck with the sale. BTW VERY COOL GUITAR!
Steve Haynie Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 The forum rules do not allow bidding on the board. Post a price. You will still get offers.
tschebbi Posted July 5, 2015 Author Posted July 5, 2015 The forum rules do not allow bidding on the board. Post a price. You will still get offers.Sorry, didn't know that. Price is 7890,- Euros, anyone who's interested please pm me.
kizanski Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 Price is 7890,- Euros, anyone who's interested please pm me.That's $8768.94 US.GLWS.
gorch Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 He were talking 5k at the beginning. The Ebay action is set higher for fees sake I think.
Disturber Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 Nice 4-digit. I have number 339, just six numbers from that one. I bought that one from Germany actually. It is a very light weight Standard, with killer tone and it has a great vintage medium neck profile.Good luck with the sale. edit: 5 000 dollars would be a low price for a 4 digit, then again 7 899 €euros would be on the high side. Somewhere in between is where I'd price that one.
gorch Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 Well, I think he meant 5k in Euros. Draghme would be nice when it comes back in a number of weeks.
tschebbi Posted July 5, 2015 Author Posted July 5, 2015 edit: 5 000 dollars would be a low price for a 4 digit, then again 7 899 €euros would be on the high side. Somewhere in between is where I'd price that one.Exactly. Not really expecting to get 8800 dollars, I've just choosen that as a high mark for the auction. And 5000 dollars would be my low mark, so anything in between would be good.That'll be 4500-7890 euros, sorry for any confusion...
Steve Haynie Posted July 5, 2015 Posted July 5, 2015 Oh, that is too beautiful to give up. Is there anything else you can sell instead?
tschebbi Posted July 5, 2015 Author Posted July 5, 2015 Oh, that is too beautiful to give up. Is there anything else you can sell instead?Yeah it's a shame indeed, it wasn't an easy decision. Already sold a couple of guitars, not much left...Well I still have my Studio Custom and the Chaparral, really trying to keep these, also they wouldn't raise the money I need....
Hamer Dave Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 I've held 0342. Natural. But it's a lefty. Who has the logs on these, that I read Curtis started? The Dean guitars build logs are available on the web which is convenient. Anywhere we can find the Hamer logs on line? I'd think they'd be.
Disturber Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 I've held 0345. Natural. But it's a lefty. What are you talking about here? He is selling 0345 and it's definately not a lefty, and it's not a natural, it's a great looking redburst.
Hamer Dave Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Yeah sorry, I've corrected that. The natural lefty is 0342. Any build logs on these? There was some talk of the lefty I'd like to verify. Also was in an Anvil road case. I've held 0345. Natural. But it's a lefty. What are you talking about here? He is selling 0345 and it's definately not a lefty, and it's not a natural, it's a great looking redburst.
cmatthes Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Hamer didn't make that information public, and much of the archival stuff was gleefully destroyed by some of the former Guild and Ovation employees retained by FMIC to "clean up" in 2014.Serial has a good deal of the information, but not in an easily accessible/digital form. If anything of the serial log books survived "The Purge", they haven't yet surfaced.
kizanski Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Hamer didn't make that information public, and much of the archival stuff was gleefully destroyed by some of the former Guild and Ovation employees retained by FMIC to "clean up" in 2014.Douches.
serial Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 I've held 0342. Natural. But it's a lefty. Who has the logs on these, that I read Curtis started? The Dean guitars build logs are available on the web which is convenient. Anywhere we can find the Hamer logs on line? I'd think they'd be.I have copies of all of the four digit records from the Hamer log books, but not in digital format.
it's me HHB Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Hamer didn't make that information public, and much of the archival stuff was gleefully destroyed by some of the former Guild and Ovation employees retained by FMIC to "clean up" in 2014. Douches.How could anyone involved with guitar making find glee in this task
cmatthes Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 You would be surprised. Most of what I heard about what happened up there after the shops closed would turn your stomach.
cmatthes Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 Jol was long gone by that point. As far as I can tell, the band of "non-Hamer" guys that FMIC kept on to clean up the site had always had some giant bug up their collective asses about Hamer for some unfathomable reason. Of course, these same guys really got off on destroying many dozens of perfectly new, uncirculated USA Guild guitars and anything else they came across in the shop(s), warehouse or offices. It was like either a "Lord of the Flies" scene, or a band of delinquent 10th graders given free reign to break windows and trash shit in an abandoned building. But back to Jeurgen's thread... It's extremely rare to find an original owner sale of an original 4-digit Standard!
cornjulio Posted July 6, 2015 Posted July 6, 2015 As far as I can tell, the band of "non-Hamer" guys that FMIC kept on to clean up the site had always had some giant bug up their collective asses about Hamer for some unfathomable reason. Of course, these same guys really got off on destroying many dozens of perfectly new, uncirculated USA Guild guitars and anything else they came across in the shop(s), warehouse or offices. It was like either a "Lord of the Flies" scene, or a band of delinquent 10th graders given free reign to break windows and trash shit in an abandoned building.That sounds sick. Guitar iconoclasm!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.