JochenP Posted February 9, 2017 Posted February 9, 2017 On 28.1.2017 at 1:23 AM, Hamer Dave said: Hi Dave, the guitar is back on "market". And better price. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hamer-reverse-firebird-guitar-/292022749551?hash=item43fde9896f:g:5acAAOSwnHZYmrpJ why didn´t you have buyed it? Problems with the seller? Best wishes Jochen
Dave Scepter Posted February 9, 2017 Posted February 9, 2017 3 hours ago, JochenP said: Hi Dave, the guitar is back on "market". And better price. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hamer-reverse-firebird-guitar-/292022749551?hash=item43fde9896f:g:5acAAOSwnHZYmrpJ why didn´t you have buyed it? Problems with the seller? Best wishes Jochen Yikes!.. there is a lot more going on with this guitar then just needing new paint... it used to have a Floyd but now has a TOP?.. cracked in neck at 2nd fret?.. it could be a cool project for the right person I guess... but not me...
Hamer Dave Posted February 9, 2017 Posted February 9, 2017 7 hours ago, JochenP said: Hi Dave, the guitar is back on "market". And better price. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hamer-reverse-firebird-guitar-/292022749551?hash=item43fde9896f:g:5acAAOSwnHZYmrpJ why didn´t you have buyed it? Problems with the seller? Best wishes Jochen Jochen, Yes, I thought I was buying this too!! Agreed to sellers price of over $700 plus shipping. Then... Yesterday, seller decides to have an auction?? I was disappointed, yet there are many other issues he should detail. Neck crack at back (sanded too much?), Floyd blocked, rehashed hardware, electronics, etc. Needs a lot. No case. You have to check out the strings at the bridge, and saddles. I can get for £300 now. d Picking up the $199 Cruise bass in a bit, should be landing about now.
Biz Prof Posted February 9, 2017 Posted February 9, 2017 On 1/28/2017 at 10:18 AM, Dave Scepter said: Gunter gleiben glauchen globen~ You could use more cowbell...
murkat Posted February 9, 2017 Posted February 9, 2017 a new re purposed secret stash compartment to hide your weed
hamerhead Posted February 9, 2017 Posted February 9, 2017 2 hours ago, Hamer Dave said: Jochen, Yes, I thought I was buying this too!! Agreed to sellers price of over $700 plus shipping. Then... Yesterday, seller decides to have an auction?? I was disappointed, yet there are many other issues he should detail. Neck crack at back (sanded too much?), Floyd blocked, rehashed hardware, electronics, etc. Needs a lot. No case. You have to check out the strings at the bridge, and saddles. I can get for £300 now. Sounds like you dodged a bullet in more ways than one.
JochenP Posted February 11, 2017 Posted February 11, 2017 On 9.2.2017 at 3:16 PM, Hamer Dave said: Jochen, Yes, I thought I was buying this too!! Hi Dave, I have contact the seller. Curent finsih is oil.. I think this could be a problem for the new paint... Nevertheless a cool project even for specialists But I think not for me... Jochen
Backlinemark Posted February 15, 2017 Posted February 15, 2017 Finished at £575. Did anyone here get it? Mark
gorch Posted February 15, 2017 Posted February 15, 2017 On 11.2.2017 at 10:52 AM, JochenP said: Hi Dave, I have contact the seller. Curent finsih is oil.. I think this could be a problem for the new paint... Nevertheless a cool project even for specialists But I think not for me... Jochen Oil is kind of a no-go for repaint. You are never sure the oil had been fully sanded off.
kizanski Posted February 15, 2017 Posted February 15, 2017 Just now, gorch said: Oil is kind of a no-go for repaint. You are never sure the oil had been fully sanded off. Yeah, but I bet it would burn like a mah'fuk.
polara Posted February 15, 2017 Posted February 15, 2017 9 minutes ago, Backlinemark said: Finished at £575. Did anyone here get it? Mark Nope. The oiled finish was a deal-breaker for me.
Disturber Posted February 17, 2017 Posted February 17, 2017 Nope, considered buying it for 300£, but above that was a deal breaker. I could not restore it myself, and I mailed the pics to a good luthier here. Got a very loose estimate that it would at least cost 1100$ to restore it, putting a block in the floyd hole in the back and re-finish. But probably more, as I would have changed back to Schaller tuners, and chrome hardware, good pickups, perhaps all the electronics, new TOM etc. It would probably have landed at 1600-2000$, or more, before it was restored the way I wanted it to be. And with the risk that the neck was to thin, ruined, and other unexpected problems - and the fact that these actually have maple necks and not mahogany, made me decide not to bid for it.
DBraz Posted February 17, 2017 Posted February 17, 2017 I am amazed that this FB went for as much as it did given the potential risks involved. What would a good one go for these days I wonder?!
Disturber Posted February 17, 2017 Posted February 17, 2017 5 hours ago, DBraz said: I am amazed that this FB went for as much as it did given the potential risks involved. What would a good one go for these days I wonder?! >2000$, perhaps up to above 3000$ is my guess, for a nice un molested example. Celebrity owned might ad some.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.